1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dillon Haters are Down Bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Nov 12, 2023.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clips a video about stats through 6 games, posted it on the Nov 11th 8:30 at night, one full day after the Rockets played their 8th game, Dillons averaging 14ppg on 55% now

What are we doing here? If you're going to come for us haters, you better come correct, because we are down bad and we have the time to correct you. This is the laziest shìt and it makes me hate even more.

ClutchCity3, Jontro, Kevooooo and 2 others like this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I’m with you.

This new trend of basketball “talk” is exhausting.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haters salty in the comments too… :D

5. kpdark

kpdark Member

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Oh in that case, I saw that brooks was actually hitting 100 percent of his 3s. He has also not allowed a single point this year and has blocked every shot taken against him. 10 of those blocks went straight into the hoop for 3 pointers.

Now that you have read this, please hate more.

Tuckmose, kpdark, FrontRunner and 3 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haterz and Loverz are all in good health, I reckon.

kpdark likes this.
  8. kpdark

kpdark Member

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I didn't want Dillon Brooks on the Rockets. I'm pleasantly surprised by the positive impact that he's having on the team.

I hope he can keep it up. We can't afford to see him get out of control.

marinara, burlesk, dawesome and 8 others like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You see it coming, the blowouts helped with cooling him off, but in foul trouble you could see that.

kpdark and saleem like this.
  11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He's far exceeded my expectations so far as both a shooter and a defender, I hope he can keep this up all season.

The one negative was the nut punching incident. That wasn't being a leader, a role model or anything remotely close. It was stupid and really lacking in class.
    Getting ejected 5 minutes into your first preseason action with the team that gave you $80m guaranteed is not the kinda shiit he needs to be "teaching the young guys".
    That was a huge disappointment for me.

Since that incident, he's been on his best behavior .... Though he might be the lamest dancer ever.

kpdark and Arnel like this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

What is not to like about him so far? He had been like Superman. I am enjoying it because he is in Rocket Red.

go Rockets

Zen Tabak, calurker, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  14. Arnel

Arnel Member

ehh, I’m not 100% sure that the incident was on purpose. It was super quick and there is a chance it might have been an accident, at least the nut punching part.

Zen Tabak and clos4life like this.
  15. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I have been a vocal skeptic of Brooks, based on the contract commitment, concerns about chucking bad shots, and worried that the impact of his defense was being significantly overrated.

That said, the best possible outcome for me is that he wins the MVP, and I'm thrilled to have so far been wrong on all accounts. I seriously doubt there are many people so focused on being right that they are rooting against him at the expense of the Rockets...so what are we doing here?

Invisible Fan and kpdark like this.
  16. kpdark

kpdark Member

just enjoyin' the hate from other teams ;)

Zen Tabak, DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.
  17. vince

vince Member

I was somewhat blown away with the contract the Rockets gave him. I thought he’d be a good player, but not at 20+ million a year. Especially when we had KPJ, Green, Whitmore, Amén, Tate.

But in retrospective, I can now see the value of getting Brooks. I think he and Fred Van Valeet bring in the “eye of the tiger”, and they lead by example and grit.

We can see the Rockets culture and mentality transform into relevance.

The impressive thing is that this is all going on with mostly a few guys from last year that included Alpi, Green, Smith, Tate. In new are Fred, Dillion, Jeff Green, Holiday, etc.

Amen and Whitmore who were the big additions because of the previous stinker of a year, haven’t really been needed.

cmlmel77, kpdark and clos4life like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I have more followers on clutchfans than this dude -- I do like 'banging the can' though.

kpdark and daywalker02 like this.
  19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Let's take it one game at a time shall we and judge midway through the season? I do not know who these haters are but Brooks is giving what was expected of him, defensive grit. But he is also thriving with other players who are making great defensive efforts in Tate, Sengun, and Eason. Even Green seems to be making aggressive defensive plays at times. Not sure what were these "haters" expecting from Brooks.

kpdark likes this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think this whole trend of using sports discourse to settle imaginary scores for content is beneath contempt. It's not fans talking smack, which is fine, it's cynical and lazy and unworthy of our time.
    I'll hang up and listen.

See what I did there?

kpdark likes this.