1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. AkeemTheDreem86

And the other times?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. AkeemTheDreem86

Ummm yeah that's putting it mildly!

3. AkeemTheDreem86

Only one side is targeting - and cooking, and beheading, and raping - children... And that same side is using their own children as cannon fodder.

4. AkeemTheDreem86

A great deal of the Palestinian population are effectively hostages of Hamas.

Edit: also, Israel isn't intentionally killing civilians to discourage their use as human shields.

5. AkeemTheDreem86

Let's just say when Trump invoked Henry Ford's "good bloodline", the Jewish community read him loud and clear.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. AkeemTheDreem86

Of course there's a reason they don't teach that.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

So if someone robs a bank and takes hostages and holes up in the bank with demands, you're of the mindset that our SWAT teams should just shoot and kill everyone - hostages and robbers alike - to discourage future bank robbers?

8. AkeemTheDreem86

That number is beyond unreliable. They don't include where or how the people in their report died, much less distinguish between civilians and militants. They also include Palestinians killed by rockets fired by Hamas at Israel in their numbers!

When that rocket fired by Israel that hit the Gazan hospital that killed 500 Palestinians turned out to be a rocket fired by Hamas that hit a parking lot that killed a few dozen, they didn't correct their numbers.

This is what Hamas does. It's what they've always done.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I've already covered this multiple times, but here it goes again. The priority has to be capturing or killing the hostage takers. The first and best option is to get the hostage takers to surrender and release the hostages. The next best option is to eliminate the hostage takers without hurting or killing any of the hostages. After that, you get to a breach where you send in the SWAT team to eliminate the hostage takers, but hopefully minimize casualties among the hostages, though at that point you should expect hostages to be wounded or killed in the attempt. What is not an option is letting the hostage takers leave.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Don't trust any numbers coming from Hamas.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sending in a surgical SWAT team to eliminate hostage takers while minimizing casualties among hostages is the comparison you want to make? In a hostage situation, just blowing up the whole building — the more apt comparison — is typically not an option either.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Firstly, welcome back.

Secondly, after the largest mass murder of Jews since the holocaust, Israel must do what it takes to eliminate the threat right next to them.

Truth is, everyone understands that except anti-semites, people brainwashed by Muslim media (and their relatives) and delusional leftist wokies.

Israel will finish the job, no matter how much these groups whine and hate.

Go IDF.

And Mossad will take out the terrorist "leaders" hiding in Qatar.

Go Mossad.

13. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

So you condone the bombing of the children?

14. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

OK, I guess IDF's numbers are misleading too since they and Hamas are as terrorist as the other. I remember Hananya (Bibi's media consultant) and one of the IDF mouthpieces claiming responsibility for the bombing of Al Shifa Hospital. Who do you think is his source for that initial claim? Al Jazeera? Hamas ministry of health? LOL. Just like you, HE WILL NOT TRUST those sources. That begs the question, who is his source for the information that prompted him to claim responsibility? IDF usually gives him scoop news and blog content being Bibi's right hand for Media, just saying.

So yes, they lie and are not trustworthy too. The benefit of the doubt can be sprinkled on all sides, unlike what you assert non-stop.

15. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If you think that, you are on the side of rapists and murderers. Clearly, you are brainwashed by Muslim media.

Differences:

Hamas targets civilians
    Hamas rapes
    Hamas does suicide bombings
    Hamas uses human shields
    Hamas uses hospitals and mosques to launch rockets
    Hamas celebrates murders

IDF is NOTHING like Hamas.

Shame on you.

17. astros123

astros123 Member

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of that is true, however IDF has used human shields, even pointing guns at Palestinian youths and forcing them to go into areas where the IDF thought there might be ambushes or traps. So they have used human shields as well.

Also the IDF has intentionally targeted and murdered civilian journalists.

VooDooPope likes this.
  19. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

And yet there are people out there and some here in this forum falling for their bullshiit every day.

20. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

LOL. I clearly stated earlier on that I want Hamas eliminated and Palestinians to be governed by a more reasonable stakeholder. But IDF does the same thing just worse.

This is not a zero-sum conflict. You can be against Hamas and be against their protagonist since they are doing the same thing. Though I am just one little voice, I can show my support for the Palestinian children and do the same for the Israeli children. Stop thinking like George Bush. If I am against one side, it doesn't mean I am for the other side. I can be neutral and nit-pick the good and the bad of BOTH sides. It's not hard unless you are willfully disingenuous or worse have a density problem. TBH, you're the one who seems to be brainwashed.

Do you condone children being bombed in this conflict? Make it clear and let us know who will carry the shame.