1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Injuries confirmed yet? Thanks for the heads up.

2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I'm wondering how Memphis feels about Morant long term given what hes been up to, if it would be worth going after a player of that caliber it would make sense to move on from Green, otherwise his perceived market value in draft considerations being late lotto is not something Id want to trade him for. We put a lot into him, tanking a full season selling low seems like it would be a mistake. Even when Morant is back, I am not sure if Memphis will be competitive, Brooks may have been a big piece for that team's grit. I don't even see the point of Memphis playing morant when hes back, they may be looking to tank.

3. ilias

ilias Member

Too early to talk about trading Green. True, he’s had a poor start to the season. But, his upside remains; there is still a league-leading scorer in Jalen. And from an asset management POV, we are better off using RFA to sign him to a below-market value deal. Let him develop under Udoka, see if his shooting, shot selection and defense improve. Check how he compares to Whitmore in 2 years’ time, whether they complement or overlap each other.

In the immediate future, I’d like to see him take 2-3 less shots per game and stop challenging bigs at the rim all the time - maybe start using a floater instead of trying to dunk everything.

Y2JT likes this.
  4. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

For the high draft pick that he was, I was hoping he would turn out somewhat like Vernon Maxwell or Gary Payton.

But seeing him play, he doesn't even play defense.

Before he was drafted, at least Eric Gordon played defense. And mind you Eric Gordon can drop 50 points when he's in a zone and given good looks.

Looking back, passing on Evan Mobley for Green was a catastrophe.

Now you have to play Oladipo.

Just give Brooks, Van Vleet, Tate, Thompson, and Whitmore more playing time and bench Green until he plays defense or until he gets traded.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Next years deadline maybe

You know, the shittiest part of being a top 3 pick is the pressure your under to be a franchise player. Not a regular starter of a great role player but a franchise face.

Jalen was given the key to the franchise before even proving it and that will be difficult to overcome that expectation in your own athletic brain. That’s why these guys end of getting traded and not developed in a 5-6 year plan.

Nook and SamFisher like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

green traded yet or naw?

7. NewAge

NewAge Member

In 5 games with diminished usage he has done admirable job of trying to fit-in and not be a problem.
    That’s the positive side of being a delicate fem, you don’t have these hang-ups of being THE MAN. Toxic masculinity is about both masculinity and toxicity, they go together…

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

@Yetti gonna Yeti....:confused:

Go Rockets!!!

Plowman likes this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He is traded for Harry Styles. He will be like our version of Taylor Swift.

Nook and Jontro like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

green already has the hair, now if he only has that coarse voice. secksy mumbling will be a thing

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Currently playing better than all the other franchise players, wonder how many of them y'all want to trade?

O-dawg likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Move him to the Kings for Deron Foxx

DaDakota likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Eras tour - the Nail Paint workshops.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's how you get them, champ.

Jontro likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Can't take u green haters seriously. The negatives take u have about green isnt even about his basketball skills. Folks seem to hate him for his lifestyle/personality and seem to think that ties into how he plays on the court.

Man played efficient and good basketball today. Such backward @$$ thinking to hate on green.

O-dawg, Bo6, Believe It! and 3 others like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He’s a straight up weirdo. I bet typing that internet warrior psychologist BS makes me imagine him being in phenomenal shape too. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Let’s see how Green is playing around the break - same goes for all the younger Rockets.

18. NewAge

NewAge Member

It does affect his play in a sense that he doesn’t have the MAN personality and doesn’t play like the MAN.

However, I’m fully on-board with him being a useful role player and he has shown it the last few games. I’m not hating, I don’t hate any Rockets players when we’re on 3W streak, and I hate them all when we’re on a 3L streak, that’s how it works.

But Jalen has been contributing as a side-piece to Sengun/Fred/Dillon, no question

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No idea, ideally you round to mid season form by Game 30-40 but if this is going on.....people are shooting 70% True Shooting? Is that the endgame?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess it is called Metro Sexuality, and David Beckham was the One popularizing it among athletes.

Getting in touch with your Female side. It is an old hat now.