1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I'm not ready to give up yet, but it's the last time I put much stock in this board about draft picks. I heard Evan Mobley didn't have the motor to be great and Jalen had Mamba mentality. Lol

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's just a really alarmist thing to be thinking about. We can start thinking about this in earnest immediately after the trade deadline and we would be in line with the way most teams deal with it. If we decide by the start of the summer to trade him, there's infinite time to do that and there's no chance his value will be worse after a season under Udoka.

Further, you want to move him while his value is high - how can someone's value be lower than after 2 tanking years where we were hopelessly the worst team in the league?

Just doesn't make any sense tbh. It seems to me a huge exaggeration to say a few games into his first season on an organization that wants to win, we should start thinking about trading him.

It's time to start practicing some logical patience. We don't know anything yet about what kind of season these players are going to have - all 15 of them.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Im here as well. I don’t think all this improvement that we anticipate with a new coaching and new cultural structure is going to hit in the first four games of the season. The data over the first four games looks similar to last year, but honestly the eye test for me sees a bit of improvement. Not much but a bit.

Im more into building this team around Sengun than ever. I think Jalen can be the complimentary wing scorer/Devin Booker.

I think we will be pleased with where we are at after 50 games.

Mathloom and HardenReturns like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

mario_v, jim1961 and conquistador#11 like this.
  5. Rokman

Rokman Member

I would love to see what a culture of serious demeanor only before, during and after game time would do to that locker room. I'm all for camaraderie and friendship but I think we have too much play in these young guys. I'd like to see a locked in, no BS, no showboating, no slappy hands and screaming after dunk theatrics, just get out there and stomp the other team. F your highlights, F your 3 point celebration, F your me so great garbage. Just lock in 100% and get the job done. This team would turn Top 3 on both sides of the ball real quick. A strict policy on that crap would turn these boys into men and those men into winners.

fattz and Plowman like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Mobley led the league in defensive win shares last year at 21 years old. That's what Duncan did. 2nd youngest player in history to make all defensive team.

7. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

Please trade Tutti Frutti.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Shroopy2 and Nook like this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You know else once had a pretty good showing in defensive win shares?

10. i3artow i3aller

:rolleyes:

mario_v likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Right now you would get a late lottery pick for him. His efficiency issues, defensive shortcomings and lack of awareness all hurt him.

Trading Green right now would be foolish. The Rockets are better off letting him play the remainder of the year and see if he takes a jump. He has not been coached well in the NBA until this season and he hasn’t been held accountable either…. So that will be an adjustment.

My answer is to keep playing him and see how he performs the next 6 months… he doesn’t have to be signed to an extension yet.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You don't even have to sign him to an extension.

You can let him go to RFA and just match a market offer.

ilias, Ancient Moabite, HD729 and 2 others like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Also - Evan Mobley is a pretty valuable player, I would love to have his defense and size on the court but he isn’t a Rocket and he didn’t want to be a Rocket because of the Rockets toxicity - so no point in talking about him. Also no way to know how bad Mobley would be if he had to deal with Silas/Porter/Stone. Luckily for Evan, his dad loves him and made sure Silas/Porter were not going to be around him.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I said all defensive team, and defensive win shares, nothing about DPOY

I love you baller, don’t roll those beautiful eyes at me

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

Game day got me actin' a little squirrely
    [​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  16. mario_v

mario_v Member

I remember people were calling sengun a bust for struggling in the preseason.

17. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

FIFY

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Even if he's only a non street latrell sprewell, even spree helped an 8th seed reach the finals. What worries me is those guys end up clicking and getting it right on another team than the one that invested in them. Beal a loser and now a Sun. Lavine will likely go through thr same thing and team up with others eventually.

Murray plays pg
    No left Jaylen? Klay? Beal...Reaves? Bane? I guess Harden now?
    I mean is SG really all that important anymore for contenders outside of someone who provides an outside scoring punch?

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green was effective despite his scoring being off. He was a decent defender, selfless with the ball and would have scored well if he had made his FT's. That's a good milestone game for him, showing he can be part of a winning team even when his shot is not falling.

However, I do think his scoring needs to take a step up in order for this team to have a chance at the playins.

Ancient Moabite and Plowman like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think Jalen Green is injured, has a Knee wrap on his right knee, now has a injured left forearm after a takedown Foul on the floor.

Teams are really whacking Jalen to the floor. Of course no Flagrant Fouls. Kevin Huerter just Sucks as a Player, just Fouling Jalen Green to the Floor.

Kevin Huerter has sucked since eliminating the 76ers in the Playoffs.

I wish Jalen gets healthy and gets more aggressive running down the Court with the ball instead of jogging.