1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

100 % agreed. What you had to experience is very wrong. Nobody should be attacked or insulted just for being Muslim or Jewish or anything else.

ArtV, FrontRunner and B-Bob like this.
  2. astros123

astros123 Member

3. astros123

astros123 Member

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

I booted up NBA2k last night for the first time in a long while. Immediately was met with vile, anti-Semitic comments from multiple users. No mention of Islam. I guess this is the new normal for online gaming. I’m not even Jewish but find it absolutely appalling that people feel justified and emboldened to hate. There is no excuse for racism of any kind and it should never be justified. For the record I always leaned more on the side of Palestine but that doesn’t mean I can accept the hate in this country. It’s almost like people feel they’ve been given license to hate Jews. That is scary wtf is happening in this country.

#2724 Spooner, Nov 2, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are using the sheets to protect their faces, dude tries to get around the sheets getting into them and so they surround him with sheets so he can't photograph them. How the F does that make them Jew haters? WTF. This is nuts.

You can twist things and spin them any way you want. But calling people anti-semitic for protecting themselves for being photographed is ridiculous. Or people saying I am blaming the victim? WTF. This is getting stupid.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

pssst: Mavericks fan tho?

7. Nook

Nook Member

Sachs is correct - Israel’s survival depends on it having control over the entire occupied area. There are 600,000 Israeli “settlers” now in the occupied areas… and Israel wants to maintain Apartheid.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's amazing how Israel has managed to colonize the West Bank. There will never be a two state solution. That was never the plan. It's a logical calculation - expand territory to make Israel larger and have a more defensible boundary.

I don't know what happens to the Palestinians. I suppose the thinking is to ultimately push them out into Jordan. Best part is, anyone who protests can be labeled anti-semitic.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Israeli Jews are (and were) greatly outnumbered - they couldn’t turn the whole area into a truly equal single state because the Muslims would vote out Israeli interests.
    Further, from the earliest times Israel has wanted the occupied territory to be Israeli for a number of reasons. They couldn’t just slaughter all the Palestinians because the world wouldn’t allow it. So instead they began encouraging and moving in “settlers” into the West Bank and let them steal land and had the military protect them.
    The long game in Israel has been to eventually have so many Jewish settlements that the Palestinians are on forced out.
    However, the Arab world knows this and they won’t make it easy for Israel to push out the Arabs - and the Arab world is breathlessly waiting for the right time for a Palestinian uprising and at a minimum stifle the power of Israel, if not an absolute destruction of the Jewish state.
    The Muslims are used to being the bullies of the Middle East, oppressing and killing Catholics, Jews, and many other tribal minorities through the region.
    So we have two groups with the absolute desire and long term goal to eradicate the other.
    The Jews like to claim victim hood when they are the apartheid state and the Muslims look no farther than their religion tells them they are superior and have the blessing of God to slaughter all non Muslims.

juicystream likes this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not entirely. The idea that the winner can do as they please is a significant factor contributing to the historical prevalence of evil in this world. For most normal and reasonable people, such a perspective is extremely flawed. If we were to consider Israel as the 'loser' in this situation, it would be unreasonable to suggest that they should simply pack up and leave. As for that individual, it's likely that he's just spewing bs and would suddenly become reasonable if Israel became the 'loser'.

astros123 likes this.
  12. astros123

astros123 Member

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Not every gaming community is toxic, but most of them are. Your situation sounds typical bc when folks want to vent and say sht without repercussions they do it there. It's much worst for girl gamers, minorities, etc. U will hear slurs, misogynistic and shtty things in the gaming world. It's not just an antisemitic thing.

I honestly think lgbtq, girls and minorities get more hate than folks of differing religion in the gaming world. The r word for mental disability also gets thrown around a lot.

14. astros123

astros123 Member

15. astros123

astros123 Member

16. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

Israel loves killing children. Straight up savages.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Not shocking. I unknowingly walked into a Le Pen rally in the mid 2000's when I was living out there. Lots of far right nationalism there.

astros123 likes this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

19. astros123

astros123 Member

Hamas is literally stating in public they want to wipe Israel off the map and kill everyone in Israel lol

At some point the pro Palestine folks will realize if you truly care about peace like myself as a Muslim the only solution is the removal of Hamas

20. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Yes, Hamas should be removed. And ALL entities that ACT like them.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.