1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are 0-3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xaos, Oct 29, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thank you for that, I think the eye test would look better than the stats as well.

Last year people would score on them but they were not locked into a tight system and could score freely.

No matter how you look at it, the Pace was up and so were the Shot Attempts.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes you are absurd for whining like a b**** losing to GSW.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Udoka is meh as a coach so far. His lineup combinations are weird. Running the offense through Sengun looks great until teams start gunning and you cant rely on baby hooks to keep up. Team still sucks ass shooting the ball. Defense sucks. This team could probably win the pace and transition battles, but instead they want to slow down and play inside out with broken shooters while their opponents are hitting 59% from the field. o_O

"bAbY sTePs"

BigShasta and daywalker02 like this.
  4. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I wouldn't judge a coach after 3 games. Udoka's system takes some time getting used to. Boston sucked for 2 month before really clicking - and Boston had a lot more talent and experience than we do. And the last 3 years we asked very little of our team, so of course there will be a longer adjustment period.

And I think I have already seen some improvements. The whole team (outside of Brooks and Tate) wasn't boxing out at all for the first two games. At least Sengun and Jabari did a way better job at this the last game. This is just a small thing - stuff like defensive rotations and motion on offense still needs a ton of work. Right now, the team is thinking a lot. Thinking makes you slow and error prone. Experience makes you think less.

Hakeemtheking and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I appreciate the optimism. Its curious though that Joe Mazzula didnt have a learning curve with the same exact team.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Mazzula was an assistant coach for a couple of years before becoming the head coach and he didn't change a whole lot. Going from Udoka to Mazzula is a lot smoother than going from Silas to Udoka.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Prime Tatum & Brown probably have a little bit to do with that. Personally I think too much weight is given to coaches. In the NBA superstars impact results way more than coaches. I think we have to start preparing ourselves to admit that we dont have any superstars on this roster that can influence games and stop attributing it to 'bad habits' from past coaches. Its basketball. These guys have been playing it all their lives. We just dont have a roster that can match up with other teams because of a lack of top shelf talent. It is what it is.

Hakeemtheking and SamFisher like this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Try not to type **** you wouldn't say to my face bruh.. or chick.. or whatever... It's cool to just say I'm whining. I get that you don't get what I'm saying.. I'll just hold off on my opinions for now and wait on these 20 consecutive contenders you mentioned we play tho..

9. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

Anyone else feel like we will be okay? I think the rockets played good last night, and then Curry happened.

BaselineFade, Jontro, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  10. Dredd

Dredd Member

Will we win a game this season?

Jontro, BallSoHarden and BigShasta like this.
  11. xaos

xaos Member

Draymond has one of the highest NBA IQs in the game

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

You really are whining saying the Rox didn't play good basketball when they just played GSW, not sure how to break it to you.

You shouldn't expect the Rockets to beat Nuggets, Lakers, GSW, Dallas, Bucks, clippers or any other contender that's just common sense.

xaos likes this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We’ll be ok brother!
    We should be sitting @ 1-2 .
    That spers game should have been a W!

[​IMG]

Dobbizzle and alex_eg6 like this.
  14. NewAge

NewAge Member

I know, right. Good thing they beat Orland and San Antonio

BallSoHarden, JusBleezy and javal_lon like this.
  15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bruh got a cabinet full of partipation trophies in his time capsule..

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Losing to Orlando is just jitters and SAS was overtime it could've gone either way.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Grizzlies the only winless team left along with your Houston Rockets.

juanm34 likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Steph with 42 in 30 minutes in a blowout win over New Orleans on the second night of a back to back. I think the Rockets will be alright.

fchowd0311 and xaos like this.
  19. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Do the Rockets have a lottery pick in the 24 draft?

juanm34 likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said, and I agree with what you’ve noticed. What stands out to me is the genuine coaching I’m seeing. It’ll take time, but I think we’ll see far more of what you’re seeing, and actual sets, a method to our Rockets madness. I’m excited and optimistic about what Coach Udoka and his staff are doing. Sure, we have to put up with the learning curve, but that was inevitable. I like most of our players, maybe all of them, and will enjoy seeing them gell, which takes time.

What’s harder to put up with is the knee jerk criticizing after every game, and there have only been 3, but that was inevitable as well. Best to ignore the nonsensical criticism and enjoy the intelligent takes, and there will be many. After all, this is ClutchFans.

xaos likes this.