1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 10/29/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2023.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

At the end of the game moreso, They were really trying to get Sengun on curry and it worked a few times. Ime said he was trying to prevent that from happening.

It's really nothing Sengun can really do though, Curry cooks most guys and when he's on there literally is nothing you can do against him.

Should be fun to see if the Warriors try getting that switch with Wemby. Wemby might be able to actually block Curry...

2. Jags

Jags Member

This is one of the flaws with box scores.

Have to remember Sengun was getting drawn out to the 3pt line onto Curry/Klay actions, forcing our guards/wings to get rebounds behind him.

Explains why Jalen and Tate combined for 17 rebounds.

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

[​IMG]

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You're 10000% right. The decision making is still not there, even if I do give him credit for being a better playmaker. I'm hoping that some time under Udoka will help Jalen because he has not had the chance to build good habits and it's not too late to start now.

Sometimes I may come across as a Jalen stan, and sometimes I probably seem like I'm being too impatient with him, but my bipolarity is mostly because I have such high expectations of him--warranted or not. I think he has the tools to be a star in the league, but it won't be easy to get there.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I see you haven't quite grasped the fact that Fred Van Vleet wasn't brought in to put numbers on the board.

It's ok. One day soon you'll learn there's more to basketball than box scores.

Strange, not once in any of my comments have I made regarding Jabari, did I reference I was specifically talking about this game. He's given us so many examples that it's a broad stroke when people talk about how bad he is fundamentally at the game of basketball.

Swing and another miss. How many times have you struck out in this thread?

#1185 Downtown Sniper, Oct 30, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

You seem quite full of yourself for someone who don't know squat. You're quite the evaluator...I'm sure Ime would love to hear your fantastic BS but he's trying to put a basketball team that has had no coaching in 3 years. Oh, FVV doesn't need to put numbers on the board or distribute the ball...he had FOUR big assists...one less than Bari (5) and three less than Alpy (7). 8 pts....so, we have a PG who wasn't brought in to score or distribute the ball ? That's quite interesting.

So, Ime keeps starting Bari ...why ? And, not only does he start him, he keeps having him guard the other teams best player. You should really help him as he seems lost. And, of course you aren't talking about this game....kinda makes you look silly. And would Jabari's many examples be like James Harden's 1st year when he averaged 9.9 pts. a game, 3.8 assists and 1.2 rebounds ? Good thing you weren't GM at OKC...James would have had a short career.

And, wow...you learn something new every day. The boxscore...that literally tells you what's accomplished by each player is not important ? There is more to basketball. Bill Parcells once said "You are what your record says you" and last night the record says that FVV had 8pts.,4 assists and ZERO rebounds. Out of 13 opportunities to score, he was successful twice. If he wasn't brought in to score points, let someone else shoot then...maybe he can have more than 4 assists if he does that...you know him not being brought in to score and all. FVV will be fine. You're logic defies the imagination.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I just hope you didn't put too much effort into typing that nonsense.

You made it abundantly clear earlier in this thread that your posts contain as much good as Jabari's basketball game at the moment.

Imagine thinking that after schooling you repeatedly, I'd bother with reading your drivel again.

Hit Clutchfans up when Jabari is able to shoot over a point guard without being pushed out of position. (or defend one)

8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

That's really strong...let me guess...you were on the debate team? Yeah...your senseless BS is quite boring as well.

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

100% agree...and apparently so have two different coaching staffs.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

The fact that we were in this game was already a plus since we did not play well at all on offense. Green went for his, Jabari doesn't know what to do, there's still very little off the ball movement, FVV was not up to par and Sengun was not his usual self. I commend them for staying in it, playing defense and trying to win. We came up short mainly because of terrible decision making, by almost everyone on the team. Quick shots, early shots, contested shots, fade aways - the only shot Jabari can take at times.

I am surprised we only had 6 turnovers, because our ball handling is just not good. We also make silly mistakes, like we stop a guy from penetrating into the paint, surrounded by sometimes 2 or 3 guys, and then we do not realize one man should guard the other open player, jump into the player or slap at the ball. Just play sound defense. And this is not just the kids, Tate does it, Brooks does it. We need to be better there. Also our transition offense needs to improve by a ton.

So all in all I am optimistic, we were in this game for 2-3 quarters and that's against a very good veteran Warriors team who've been together for years. Once we start to get to December, January, we should be able to win these types of games. One of Jabari or Green has to hit their stride though. We also win this if one of our guys goes for 30+.

HardenReturns likes this.
  11. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

This years team got people feelin some type of way

BamBam and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

You know IF it wasn’t Curry it would have been someone else. Their coach saw it earlier and waited to finish the game with it. It’s what winning teams do. Being able to pick apart weaknesses is great, but the time to capitalize is where the win comes from.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The only game they had the Offense going was against the Spurs and alas they were closer to a win than in the other 2 games.

You have to score in multiple ways and scoring should come from different players.

• Shooting is not good and the bench is not good.
    • Starters are above average or average.
    • 2 Points that were addressed by posters before the season.

14. bmelo

bmelo Member

I was sure that if we got close then Curry will just hit 4 threes and put it away... he done that too many times. Only idiots dont see his greatness

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

They were never in this game. GSW not dumb enough to play 100% at the Rockets on their 2nd or 3rd game of the season. Everytime we got close they just made another run by playing serious.

ps. It was really funny hearing Hollins saying there no longer are teams in the NBA that you can just assume it's a win... Bruh you broadcasting one for the last 3 years the **** you talk about lmao

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

i think we just play soft physically, like they don't have endurance for the game. Let's take T-Mac or Ja Morant for instance, these dudes were bone skinny but if they run at you 100mph and jumped you got bodied. Jalen Bari Amen all get thrown out after the contact

VanityHalfBlack and Rokman like this.
  17. Rokman

Rokman Member

I know what you're saying. It's like they float at you instead of hit you with their bodies.

bmelo likes this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

let’s go 0-4, we can do it Houston!! Hahah

Rokman likes this.
  19. WestendMassive

**** Steph Curry. **** the Warriors. And **** the refs that have carried them for more than a decade

34to11 and Commodore like this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

He's very good but vastly overrated. You can easily argue he's not even the best shooter in his family.

The Warriors screen and hook offense get him a lot of wide open looks.

He's an elite shooter for sure but there have been better.

Outside of that, he's not a special basketball player. He's not elite at anything else.

34to11 likes this.