1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

every Sampson year is fun

seemoreroyals likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

As a Baylor fan as well, I had all kinds of problems with Cryer last year. But honestly I think he’s a perfect fit with the Coogs. He can fill it up and that’s exactly what UH needs alongside Shead. I know people keep talking about how much tougher the Big 12 schedule is gonna be…and they’re right about that. But honestly I think that will only make them tougher in March. If I was heading to Vegas I’d throw some money down on the Coogs.

Buck Turgidson and YOLO like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

at first I preferred that Caleb love be the transfer they would focus on to play next to shead but that’s no longer the case. Hearing great things about cryer from all around the team especially from his roommate shead & coach. It’s been an adjustment similar to grimes pov as a transfer as Baylor is totally different from this program. Another great year coming for UH. Can’t wait for cbb to start again

Buck Turgidson and MadMax like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oklahoma Wildlife Society ...

6. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

That young Tugler kid looks like he is going to be really good for us this year in yesterday's scrimmage game against UNC Pembroke. He keeps the pedal to the medal and plays fearless. This years basketball team is going to be fun to watch. As expected Sampson has put together a group of players that will be ready to compete.

Not a lot of weaknesses on this years team. They were up by over 30 points at the half. Cruised to easy win. Could have scored 100 points if they tried. Not bad against a team that went 26-4 last year. Worth a watch. Probably up on utube by now.

With the departure of Sasser, Walker, and Mark I was wondering where the offense was going to come from. Cryer, Sharp, Arceneaux and others appear to be ready to take over as far as scoring goes.

It was only an exhibition game but it helped take the edge off of having watched the football team"s abysmal performance earlier in the day.

ETA: As far as I remember Francis played quite a bit and did not commit any fouls. That would be huge for us if he can stay on the court for more than a couple minutes . If not Tugler looks like he is ready to step in and score, rebound, play defense and block shots.

#7266 seemoreroyals, Oct 29, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team can't help but be a bit weaker, at least over the first half of the year. We lost a lot. I really see us absorbing this, though, and moving forward quickly to our perennial contender status. Oh well, such is the life of one and done programs. Interestingly though, I could see these guys bonding in that Sampson/UH way, and being more than the sum of ther parts.

8. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dunn also didn’t play, he should be a big time creator/scorer for the team this year as well. Cryer/Dunn/Shead/Sharp is a strong offensive group. Arceneaux needs to be a Swiss Army knife for this team on the wing. The team looked solid up front, but I won’t be sure about Francis til we see him produce in conference play. Regardless, should be a fun team and hopefully competes with KU for a conference title.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

hlmbasketball and seemoreroyals like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Folks are going to love Joseph Tugler and his development here. His nose for the ball has already made him a fav of KS as well as his energy. As he continues to get stronger and mature, hes gonna be a hand full around the glass. It's very rare true freshman get rotational minutes on a regular basis. He has a legitimate chance behind Javier/Jwann this season

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

[QUO

TE="YOLO, post: 14899101, member: 50714"]Folks are going to love Joseph Tugler and his development here. His nose for the ball has already made him a fav of KS as well as his energy. As he continues to get stronger and mature, hes gonna be a hand full around the glass. It's very rare true freshman get rotational minutes on a regular basis. He has a legitimate chance behind Javier/Jwann this season

[/QUOTE]

I thought the number 22 was retired?

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I said during the Australian tour that Tugler would play a lot he does too many things that CKS loves for him not to see the floor.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't think any state has more Dairy Queens than Texas. Come home, son.

15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Looks like we are going to whiff on both Codie and Queen. Queen is leaning to either Indiana or Maryland and Codie gone to UT.

Things happen for a reason. In Codie's case I think he can see how really good Tugler is going to be here. Makes sense for him to go to UT as he has better chance for playing time there.

Hate that we will probably not be getting Queen either. We do have a couple of freshmen on this years roster that should make the center position solid for us for the next couple of years. We can always use more talent but it is nice to see 4 and 5 star players deciding to go elsewhere because of perceived lack of playing time here.

It means we are good.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Coogs play tomorrow!!

Plowman and YOLO like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Absolutely! It's the only conceivable reason why someone would choose a different school.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

College hoops is back!!

19. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

In just over an hour in you have ESPN+ you can watch Tugler for yourself if you have not already seen him in action. Kid is going to be a beast. He has an engine that won't quit. I was a little worried about our bigs this year until I saw him play the other day.

He is not a starter now but I would not be surprised if he is by the end of the year. From what I have seen so far he does not play like a typical freshman.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

fair ranking.