1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Realistic Positivity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AlperenSengun, Oct 26, 2023.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It is quite possible. Rockets do not match up well with these teams in terms of height. With Landale (and Tari) out it is going to be even worse.

The rebuild should be questioned regardless though. As I mentioned in my original post, the rebuild was a failure up to this point. Wasting a roster spot for Baban should be another reminder how badly this franchise is run.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

It LITERALLY cannot get any worse.

4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

In our second game, our starting line up played 25 minutes(compared to 14 in the first game) and had a net rating of +3.8. So this is really looking good compared to last year.

It is a whole different team though. In two games the starting 5 logged 39 minutes with an offensive rating 105.1 and defensive rating 100.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

5th pick in the draft this year would be worse.

Dylan Brooks and FVV could demand trades and Stone could be forced to ship out picks to move their contracts.

Stone could trade for Russell Westbrook.

Stone could get an extension after a 20 game losing streak.

Things can always get worse.

roslolian likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not see Dillon or Fred demanding to leave in the next years, their role is secure.....you cannot say that about other teams.

I know we speculated about Ime benching anyone but it looks like Ime does like his veterans.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

-Team is still very young and early in the rebuild process.
    - Jabari doing what second year guys do, he is still only 20 years old.
    - There is a tremendous amount of upside here.
    - First two games were meh, but didn’t even have basically three of our core young guys involved.
    - There was always going to be roster balancing issues, you can’t draft for biggest upsides and then expect everything to just automatically fit. We are still determining what we actually have here.
    - Even with a bad year, we still have a decent chance of a decent draft pick, and maybe even two.
    - This is no where close to a bad situation, but fans need to have patience.

8. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I worry that it did not tax your imagination very much to write this.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think this is a reasonable post. Jabari will hopefully still improve a lot, he is still super young.

cml750, Hakeemtheking and roslolian like this.
  10. Soneca

Soneca Member

I’ll try. I came to this thread to share some positivity. I love the Rockets, but it was impossible to watch the last season and a half to the least. For the first time since I could afford league pass I didn’t watch lots of games last season. So I only hope this team eventually becomes watchable and I get my couple of hours of Rockets basketball every other day without feeling rage after the games (yesterday took me probably 10min to stop cursing at Jabari after the game was over). Am I being unrealisticly optimist by wishing that?

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I surprised myself how easy it was to contemplate.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets are bad until they aren't. Their top 5 picks are bad until they aren't.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

You keep saying it is a failure but tell me what other moves would have been better at this point?

Lots of people complain but it's only been 3 years. If you look up NBA history apart from extreme outliers like OKC KD rebuilds takes much longer. For example Magic were last relevant when they had Dwight Howard it's been decades and up till now they are still rebuilding.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

The best way to remain optimistic is stop posting on the board. Looking at the next 10 games these are all against contenders like GSW, Lakers, Memphis etc so Rox are gonna be in a world of hurt.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

only one way to go but up? ;)

BamBam likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Washington beat Memphis, I think the Grizz are beatable.

Detroit caught a hot streak.

roslolian and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

How sweet it is, the struggle makes it all the better. Most of the best moments in life are in the journey not the destination. If one learns and doesn’t repeat failures and always has new problems, success will happen.

BamBam likes this.
  18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Everybody says it, not just me. For starters

1- could have hired a competent coach from the beginning
    2- could have fired Silas and hired a competent coach at some point
    3- could have had vets on the team
    4- could have had a decent pg to run the team
    5- could have avoided the whole head-honcho story from the pg experiment to signing the deal
    6- could have had somebody other than Nix, the lottery talent

all players drafted suffered consequences of bad management. Garuba, Tyty, jc, green, sengun, jabari. I think the least effected is Tari.

Rebuilds take longer. It is just a fact that the first 3 years of this rebuild was managed horribly and that has consequences. On the bright side, with a little bit of luck, I think the rockets hit the jackpot with Ime. A lot of rebuilding teams do not luck into this level of coaching. So, there is hope after all.

cml750 likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We could end up with two picks in the top 4 .... just have to hope that the Nets suck and the ping pong ball gods have mercy on us.

That's about as positive as I can get right now.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  20. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Pretty much the only way to get into the national dialogue. The Rocket with the highest public profile at this point is Boban. Let that sink in. Rockets basketball is that nationally irrelevant.

BallSoHarden and Corrosion like this.