1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 10/27/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2023.

1. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Everybody a basketball expert!

kpdark, PeterKingX and Stephen_A like this.
  2. maypk

maypk Member

Sengun has set a million screens for FVV all game long and got 0 offensive foul, and the only screen he set for Jalen ended up being offensive foul. I wonder why.

Just take the L and move on.

HardenReturns likes this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s dumbass reasoning. It’s not at all outside the realm of possibility that he commits a foul on the screen even if he was perfect in setting screens his whole career, which he isn’t. So conclusion is you are dumber than I thought while talking like you know something. I see no need to discuss further

4. maypk

maypk Member

The conclusion is you have learned a new thing today, be grateful and move on.

5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Great video. The way green gets lost in D is not acceptable for a 3rd year player. It is a ,damn you Silas and stone’ moment but he also lacks concentration and hustle on defense. Similarly for transition d is a present from Silas. They need to work on it quick.

HardenReturns and clos4life like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That's not a good defense for sengun. Just because he sets perfect screen for one player doesn't mean he will always set a perfect screen for another. It was unfortunate that when he was setting a screen for Green he committed an offensive foul it happens.

Stephen_A likes this.
  7. maypk

maypk Member

Just out of curiosity, do you think screener is to blame on all moving screen offensive foul calls? What's your take on that?

And i'm not defending Sengun or blaming Jalen, they both played great imo and Sengun has committed dumbass turnovers in the OT, i'm just saying that wasn't one of them.

HardenReturns likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Moving screen offensive foul calls is called willy nilly by the refs, and inconsistent. Like I said it was unfortunate that sengun was called for. He's not the warriors level yet where you could get away with it, unlucky. It happens.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

He shouldn't be....the Rockets have drafted really good talent...the coaching during his tenure was non existent.I mean ZERO.

HardenReturns and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol the dummy is trying to get you to back up his dumb ass take

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

FVV waited for Sengun to be set before using the screen. Jalen didn't wait. It was a borderline offensive foul. The foul was Jalen's fault.

12. maypk

maypk Member

Just watch, and maybe you'll have better understanding of basketball than 8-year-olds. It's quite literally the first thing the coaches teach.

#2112 maypk, Oct 28, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  13. Arnel

Arnel Member

2 game sample size. Lol. Throw out the first game, how does it look in just this game? Serious question. Since this game is where they used Sangun for generating a lot of offense.
    Definitely not. I think he’s got the third most potential out of our youngsters. Just trying to prove how dumb it is to use a two game sample size to reach conclusions comparing them to an entire 82 game season. That’s not too irrational is it?

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Hey Dumbass. Re watch the game. Before you try to take my comment out of context. Sengun was set then stuck his leg out. Your dumb ass video did nothing to support your argument, which was Green left too soon. Sengun moved as he didn’t have a good seal and the guy was getting thru. He fouled the guy when he should have just sealed and stood there. So shut the fuc% up with your bullshit.

#2114 Stephen_A, Oct 29, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  15. maypk

maypk Member

At this point, i'd rather discuss that with 8-year-olds.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Mildly interesting

NBA has a cylinder-indicator light

Amiga, Dankstronaut and HardenReturns like this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

At this point you are just in denial and willfully ignorant. Please Re watch the game dumbass.

#2117 Stephen_A, Oct 29, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That is interesting!

The over-the-rim camera angle kind of made it look like the ball was at least on it's way out, if not out. But you have to take into account that angle, the perception of distance is skewed.

Amiga likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Nice. Everyone gripes about referees. Need robotic refs.

20. PeppermintCandy

That was painful to watch, but glass half full, it's still a lot better than what the Rockets were doing last two seasons.

Nevertheless, it's probably going to take many more games, maybe even half a season, before they're playing as a real defensive unit.

No pain, no gain, I guess.

AuburnRocket likes this.