1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 10/27/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2023.

1. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Here, I'll help you out. The Spurs are VERY bad, his +/ was trash even with the stat line because he turned the ball over 6 times including twice in succession in crunch time. If being the focal point of the offense means 6 TO's and -4 against a team that he had an opportunity to feast against Zack Collins then he probably shouldn't be the focal point. FVV had 8 rebounds, perhaps it's time to move him to forward?

Stephen_A likes this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jabari Smith Loves to Bark at Alperen Sengun, but never looks in the mirror and realize it is his fault.

Jabari Smith never says My Bad, My Fault.

Jalen Green was in the right when Jabari didn't set the pick to free up Jalen Green and in a timeout when Jabari Smith got angry at Jalen Green. Jabari Smith wanting to Fight Jalen Green instead of saying I'm sorry, I missed the Pick.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jabari Smith Immaturity is really hurting the Team Plus he didn't really add any strength and Bulk in the Off-season. His Dad is huge so genetics is not a problem. Why didn't he add more muscle.

#1843 rockets1995, Oct 27, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    Arnel likes this.
  4. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Here, I'll help you out. The Spurs are VERY bad, his +/ was trash even with the stat line because he turned the ball over 6 times including twice in succession in crunch time. If being the focal point of the offense means 6 TO's and -4 against a team that he had an opportunity to feast against Zack Collins. FVV had 8 rebounds, perhaps it's time to move him to forward?

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I mean we have Green who is a bust and trash, Amen needs to be in the GLeague, Brooks was an overpaid punk..now he's great. I mean on and on it goes. Bari was not good but he he would have had a double double with another rebound. If 2 shots go I...he's 7 of 14 instead of 5 of 16. It's a fickle game.

Arnel likes this.
  6. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

If I had to pick 3 reasons why we lost...

1. Jabari
    2. Free Throws
    3. Refs

Arnel likes this.
  7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The issue with Sengun being the prize is that he only every scored 25+ points 5 times in 2 seasons. I get those were with SS and early not with minimal minutes and not used correctly.

But I'm still skeptical of him becoming a guy who can just get you 25 points every game. His passing does mitigate that need some. But if he is your best offensive player, he would need to do both.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the first game of the season to this game you can't see the difference? Rockets didn't shoot well, didn't shoot fts well and the defense was poor in spots and they still should have won. they are getting more comfortable in the system.

Ime had wemby on the mate for 3.75 qtrs,

Tfor3, Nook, Arnel and 1 other person like this.
  9. Dredd

Dredd Member

ouch I gave him Adam Morrison.

who’s better … Jabari or his dad?

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am sick tired of waiting Jabari can finally make shots. I have to wait until next Summer League games.

Dredd likes this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Couldn’t agree more. Too “small” and bigger guys who play small. Brooks, FVV and Sengun were why we were in the game.

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

3 point shooting is bigger culprit than refs.

Team still can't hit from range to save their life. That is today's NBA. You have to make your 3's.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I watched damn near every game last year.
    In just two regular season games there have been positive changes. Players are still tentative in this new system, and it shows in some of the decision making.

I understand the frustration of losing this game, but overall we did ok. Do the play-ins look likely right now? No. But I am ok with giving our dudes some more time to grow. Not a bad first game of the season (The Orlando game does not exist)

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sound like Harden fans defending Jalen and his disappearing act.

“They were going through [player X]!”
    “Ball wasn’t going to him!”
    “He only got [X] shots! What do you want him to do?!”

Why did Harden only take one shot in the 2nd half in [this or that crucial game 6/7]? … “He just uhh couldn’t get the ball! They denied him the ball!”

He (Jalen) is supposed to be the “best player” or “franchise player”.
    Next Devin Booker! Get a bucket anytime he wants!

And Jabrick…smh.

Arnel and RocketsFido like this.
  15. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

You mean like versatile 6'10"+ PF/Cs who can keep up with most wings and still have the length to guard most bigs, while providing some floor spacing on the other end?

Such talent is rare, usually taken at the top of the lottery. Too bad the Rockets never had the opportunity to draft such a player. Could you imagine how much better the team would be with him on the roster?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. 34to11

34to11 Member

Yeah, anyone trying to lay this at Green's feet obviously has an agenda.
    The team was clearly making a concerted effort to work the FVV/Sengun dynamic down the stretch.

Jabari's inability to make the defense pay created a liability and his missed threes and botched free throws combined with Sengun's three turnovers in a row pretty much doomed the team.

Arnel, rockets1995 and JayGoogle like this.
  17. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Tough loss hopefully Rox can learn from it. The FVV and Sengun PnR worked for a bit (and both played well too) but Udoka should of called Green’s number earlier as well to mix up the offense. Disappointed in Jabari. Brooks is solid.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Do they think Whitmore is too green to give them 7-10 minute energy boost like Amen?

MrSabotage and WestendMassive like this.
  19. Aware

Aware Member

Fred is cool. I'm becoming a fan.

Tfor3, Arnel and Little Bit like this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I’m skeptical of every dude on the roster tbh. At least I know what I have in the vets, and I know that’s not enough. I think Sengun has the highest ceiling but there’s not a franchise player remotely close to this roster.

rpr52121 likes this.