1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Series] Billions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought I heard a throwaway line that seems to indicate they were something
    and Evidently she knew Bobby before he met his wife
    She said something about knowing he would marry her based on how he described his wife when they met

The Wife took a hit this season.. . . she was awesome in season 2
    but this seasons she was non existent

The Chick playing Taylor is great . . or bad and it just fits the character

They have some great characters
    Wags continuously cracks me up

Rocket River

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Maggie Siff is a goddess.

It's too bad Bobby's wife has essentially been written out, though. There's just no compelling storyline for her, especially since they...divorced? Separated?

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

She was a terrible character overall and the actress didn't do her any favors... never a good role when you're largely just a wet blanket, but there was absolutely nothing compelling about their dynamic.

Compared to every scene with Bobby/Wendy is off the charts, largely due to her acting... reminds me of the Tony/Melfi scenes.

Kim likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They started trying to give her something to do . . . then just just let that go away
    She was Bobby's Bonnie to his Clyde . .. . then she was revealed to not be as competent as we were lead to believe
    Dude is managing Billions and she mad cause he did not bend over backwards for her hangover cure service

They ended up just throwing her into the "JEALOUS OF THE EX" wife.
    Her being more pissed that Wendy is more competent and works better with Bobby
    He role was suppose to humanize Bobby. His softer side .. . . when she started trying to be hardcore
    It came off as kind of forced and false

Rocket River

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I just think it's tough to write for a character like her. Wife of a billionaire, who's essentially a stay-at-home mother.

It'd be like coming up with storylines for Melania, when the Don is the one with all the juicy story to tell.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Shes not a good actress and she made her store line extremely boring. As tight as Lara and Bobby were portrayed in the beginning, its silly that a petty lie would cause them to divorce. Its very obvious she is being written out of the overall story. Often this is due to conflicts on the set.

Sometimes the opposite is true with supporting cast. They perform so well they often end up write themselves in and becoming main characters.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree. The Lie was so small and overall non-important
    and worse Non-Impactful for anything

Rocket River

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

It just reinforced her suspicion that Axelrod never really saw her as an equal and felt he needed to (or at least found it more easy/satisfying to) manipulate her by twisting/obscuring the truth. Meanwhile, she knows damn well that he's 100% honest with that b**** Wendy and that he'd never lie to her even though she's SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY. In Lara's mind, she's supposed to be the person Axe trusts and respects the most. Wendy is just the help—another tool that works for Bobby (and, by extension, Lara). That was the REAL lie that drove her away—that she was a true partner and not just a completely replaceable, blonde baby factory who works out twice a day whom Axe could parade around when convenient. The small twist of the truth was just the final straw that she believes exposed Axe's true feelings/motivations/loyalties. Now she knows that she and her sons will always come in a distant second place to his job and his money, which of course is where he gets all of his self-worth.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So Wendy *is* Bobby's Ex right?

Rocket River

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I could have missed something, but I don't recall the show ever making it explicit that they ever had a sexual or romantic relationship. I think it is clear, though, (at least to Lara, anyway) that Axe just flat-out respects and possibly cares for Wendy more than his own family—likely due to their mutual dedication to the company, which Axe has repeatedly demonstrated is the only part of his life he can't live without.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It took me a long time but they had one kind of throw away line in Season 3 . . . where she is referred to as an Ex
    We know Bobby respect's her. . . . and it is intimated that Lara basically got Wendy's approval/endorsement

IT is kind of weird but I thought Lara and Bobby grew up together
    but they seem to indicate that Wendy has known Bobby longer than Lara . . .or at least before they got together

Rocket River

12. omgTHEpotential

I've pretty much binge watched the entire 3 seasons. Really enjoyed it. Very intrigued how the story unfolds from here.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Me too
    Where they left off is pretty interesting . . .esp for Chuck

Rocket River

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm going to have to give this show another look. I gave up midway through the first season but everyone I know who watches it can't shut up about how great it is.

15. omgTHEpotential

Yeah. Honestly, I didn't know what to think about it after the first few episodes, but it got better and better from there.

Svpernaut likes this.
  16. GIGO

GIGO Member

17. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

Final episode this Friday (this was a great series)

so glad axe came back for final season

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Moes is back!

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

This has been a great season, last season sucked without Axe so I was happy to see him back. Now I wish they would keep the series going, albeit WO Prince who I cant get into his character

DUCK2324 likes this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Soooo, what's this show like? I've been thinking about watching it but not sure I should jump in.

ROCKSS and Jontro like this.