1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At least 16 killed in Maine shootings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

So very sad. It’s been a while since we had one of this scale, but I guess our luck ran out.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Horrific. The sad part is that since it appears from the photos to be a white guy with an assault weapon, we probably won't hear outrage over this from the Republicans who are always screaming that the violent immigrants are the ones to fear.

4. Dredd

Dredd Member

22 dead.

80 have been shot? Sheesh.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The right to have that gun is more important than those 100+ people.

- Republicans

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

The price we to protect our homes from 8 year old black children knocking on our door during the day.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm so tired of all these mass shootings. When is enough enough?

Ban these damn assault weapons! Get them off the streets and out of the hands of legal and illegal buyers.
    The tweet below was posted earlier today before tonight's massacre.

#7 deb4rockets, Oct 25, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
    AroundTheWorld and Phillyrocket like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry, NRA. You just lost a lot of potential lifetime members today. And the ranks of your detractors grew by a slew of grieving families, again.

edwardc, Andre0087, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Or some young cheerleader trying to get into the wrong car.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This disgusts me so much!

ROCKSS and FrontRunner like this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Thoughts and prayers because no one cares.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

God damn Republicans deserve prison for life.

edwardc and Andre0087 like this.
  14. B-Bob

No, nah. But maybe wearing AR-15 pins is a little tone deaf to our ongoing problems and to victims' families in just about every state. (shrug)
    And maybe they should in general approve of an outfit like the NIH or the CDC studying gun violence -- you know, collecting basic information about the issue instead of demanding that everyone pretend it doesn't exist?

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly agree that politicians are garbage and the last few weeks have proven that. But to blame this incident, just minutes after a description of a white male, on politicians is quite absurd.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

When you have 643 mass shootings in less than a year and Republicans fight every step to address the problem....

193 House Republicans voted against the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which provides over $2.35 billion to expand vital school mental health services and improve learning environments. This is the most significant gun violence prevention law passed in 30 years.

202 House Republicans voted against the Bipartisan Background Checks Act, which helps keep guns out hands of people who are a danger to themselves or others. Senate Republicans have blocked background checks from even getting a vote.

201 House Republicans voted against a red flag bill that would create a federal procedure for law enforcement to intervene and prohibit people who are a danger to themselves or others from possessing a firearm. Tennessee does not have a state red flag or extreme risk protection order law.

210 House Republicans voted against the American Rescue Plan, which provided $12 billion to address mental health needs arising from the pandemic.

196 House Republicans voted against going after gun traffickers, which flood our communities with firearms used by criminals.

193 House Republicans voted against cracking down on the spread of ghost guns which are used by criminals and minors because they can be bought without a background check before President Biden took action to close that loophole through executive action.

17. B-Bob

I agree with you on blame, and I don't think (for me) it's about a (maybe?) white perp. Just one group of people actively stand up against doing anything about these incidents. But whatever. I usually don't post about these shootings anymore and should return to that practice. This society just does not care, collectively.

ROCKSS and AleksandarN like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is depressing. Worst part is there is no answer for this. I would be completely okay with giving up my AR. We don't use those for protection. Anyone with common gun knowledge and senses uses a pistol for shotgun. There is literally no need for semi automatic long range rifles.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why did you buy it, if I may ask?

Amiga likes this.