1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Another wasted year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 25, 2023.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It’s ok y’all

I think we could still be better than : utah , Washington , and maybe Memphis while morant is out (even though bane and jjj are good , their depth is terrible ). Potentially Portland too

2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

The ultimate knee-jerk thread.

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im far from a knee jerker by damn 30 point loss to the Magic. There's no way to spin that into a positive. I hope it's just first game jitters cuz I cant remember us looking that bad even during the 22 game seasons.

ashleyem likes this.
  4. Qan

Qan Member

0-1 on their way to 50 wins

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yea, a reality check and wake-up call - I felt that Orlando was one of those teams that we should beat if we really think that this team has a chance to win over 30 games and actually challenge for a play-in spot. It is just one game and waaaaaay too early to declare the season is already over, but I get it. I saw that at one point, the Rockets were only down by a point or two in the 3rd quarter and the next thing I know, the Magic turned into the Warriors and just hammered them into submission. Disappointing but we still have a long season ahead of us...

Dobbizzle and Richie_Rich like this.
  6. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I really want Cooper Flagg.

7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Guarandamntee you if we would have brought James back we aren't getting blown out by 30 to Orlando.

8. Dredd

Dredd Member

Stone gets fired no matter what this season.

ArtV and cbass like this.
  9. pharmplayer

pharmplayer Member

Another LOSS on Friday. Guarantee it

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

if the rockets somehow get to the play in or playoffs he staying.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Tonight was the first step in our brilliant plan to go 81-1. You'll see. You'll all see!

don grahamleone and YOLO like this.
  12. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Turning everything around won't happen overnight. But I get everyone's disappointment. Our top picks were not developed. And it had nothing to do with tanking. So a rocky start is to be expected. I trust Ime. But playing so many non shooters at once is going to be difficult. We missed Eason's energy.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

The team looks worst than last years. Kevin Porter made a difference I have no clue what Jalen Green was doing last night.
    The team is undisputed team turns the ball over to much and the defense is lost. Plus the Ref’s wanted to call everything on Houston. Why every year does Houston have to start off on a Road Trip? And every year the Lakers and the Warriors always start off at home?

Boki4MvP, DaDakota and Ren ason like this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Exactly

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

we lost 20 games every year with Kevin stop the cap lol

kingjosh likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wanted to believe in Jalen but the jig is up with him.

One of the worst finishers at the rim I’ve ever seen. Can’t defend. Can’t pass. Never efficient from the field. He is what he is and he comes out in Year 3 have Zach Lowe write puff pieces and declaring All Star jump in Shams’ interviews and then puts up this absolute disaster Game 1. He just isn’t good.

Thank God we got Sengun in that draft…

GotGame15, ArtV, Ren ason and 3 others like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't want to say he's not good but he definitely does not look like an elite All NBA player right now. It looks like his ceiling is more fringe all-star player.

Stretches he looks REALLY good...then he looks really bad. This is about the case for most fringe all-star players actually. They can only dominate for a stretch of the season.

Hopefully he proves us wrong. Right now though I'm worried. It's the 3rd year, he has to find some consistency. I don't even care about the defense at this point. Dude could be garbage on defense and still be an all-NBA player, being garbage on offense as well? Nah.

If he's not consistently putting up good games by all-star I'd seriously considering trading him while he still has 'potential'.

don grahamleone and J Sizzle like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

There's a saying.

For a given season; remove the first 10 games (jitters, chemistry, new teammates, play into shape...etc) and remove the last 10 games (possible tanking), what's in the middle represents the team.

If subscribes to that, season doesn't really start until 9 more games. ;)

19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Kevin is the better player then Green.

Ren ason, DaDakota and N2bnfunn like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

RocketsElf pops in with his usual in-depth commentary.

MOAR, PLZ!

don grahamleone likes this.