1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Georgia starts investigation into Trump's election interference

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Feb 9, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Major

Major Member

It seems to make for a great witness for Trump's people to cross-examine and destroy her credibility. Given her statements to the contrary, why would anyone believe what she says in court?

ROCKSS and mdrowe00 like this.
  3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...either way, the question remains for Miss Lady Crackers:

"...were you lying then, Ms Powell, or are you lying now?...";)

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think that the prosecutors will only have Crazy Eyes testify to evidence that they can be separately corroborated.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe some of the lawyers can explain this. If she’s now claiming that she was extorted in her guilty plea wouldn’t this be saying that she doesn’t actually believe in her guilty plea? Would this essentially be a retraction and could
    They now prosecute her for the
    Previous crimes she pled to?

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Would a judge even allow her post-confession rants into the record? Or do you mean she is tainting the jury pool now by looking crazy and stupid in the media?

Major likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good question.

#507 deb4rockets, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  8. No Worries

Powell still has legal exposure in all of the other states in which she committed crimes and in the federal courts. Powell should be more careful, but that does not appear to be in her skill set.

I imagine that the GA prosecutors will only put Powell on the stand if they think that she will answer their questions in the most narrow fashion possible. I could see Powell throwing in an aside at the end of a question, like "that reminds me of the time when I was a young lass on the grassy knoll watching the JFK motorcade drive by when ...". The defense would be jumping up and trying to shut her up, just because no one in their right mind would hire her and her bat **** crazy mind on any important case. Powell will be the two edge sword that keeps on giving and giving.

#508 No Worries, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Poor bloke must've ran out of sharpies...

Donate to his Freedum Fund NAO!!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. No Worries

CNN: 6 More Plea Offers To Those In GA RICO Case. Three Are Named. One Is A Certified Idiot.

CNN is reporting that Fani Willis has offered up to six more defendents plea offers in the GA rico case over the 2020 Election Three of the six were named: Robert Cheeley, Mike Roman, and Misty Hampton. Roman and Hampton are still in talks with prosecutors. Cheeley turned down a plea deal which makes him a certified idiot. There are also names of people NOT offered any plea deals: Rudy Giuliani, Mark Meadows, and John Eastman.

(CNN) – Fulton County prosecutors have discussed potential plea deals with at least six additional co-defendants charged alongside Donald Trump for attempting to subvert the 2020 presidential election, multiple sources tell CNN.

The strategy by District Attorney Fani Willis’ office is clear: get as many co-defendants as possible to flip on the former president, leaving Trump and perhaps a few close allies on the hot seat.

Pro-Trump lawyer Robert Cheeley is among those who have been offered a plea deal in the Georgia case but, according to his lawyer, turned it down.

“To say that we are currently in discussions with the DA’s office would be an inaccurate representation of what is going on. They made us an offer some time ago and we declined it,” Cheeley’s attorney Richard Rice said.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. That's full blown, unadulterated witness tampering. No doubt about it.

ROCKSS, mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you mean that she's acting when she's looking crazy and stupid, JV? I suppose that's possible, but my personal opinion is that it's hard to tell the difference between her normal behavior and "crazy and stupid."

13. Major

Major Member

Good question - I'm not really sure what they will allow into evidence. But if I'm the defense, and she testifies against me, I want to be able to bring up all the times she has said the exact opposite to impeach her credibility. I would think in a trial of this magnitude, they'd give the defense a lot of latitude to impeach witnesses and avoid potential appeals, but I'm not a lawyer and not sure all the mechanics here.

mdrowe00, ROCKSS, JuanValdez and 2 others like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, a maga letter...

16. No Worries

The FBI is likely all over this. Any bets that the letter sender licked to seal the envelope?

Amiga likes this.
  17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

They'll just look at the return address.

No Worries likes this.
  18. No Worries

...or he shot his load into it :D

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Nah, that would be throwing unvaxxed money away.

20. NewRoxFan

My gosh... how much proof is needed?

'The boss is not going to leave': Proffer videos show ex-Trump lawyers telling Georgia prosecutors about efforts to overturn 2020 election
    ABC News obtained video from interviews held with Jenna Ellis and Sidney Powell.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/boss-leave-proffer-videos-show-trump-lawyers-telling/story?id=104831939