1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

****ing burn those mother falcon socks.

IBTL and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Because you’d be asking a starting pitcher - none of whom have lights-out stuff - to fill an unfamiliar role in a high-leverage situation. That’s not ideal.

Probably? I think your only choices there are Montero, Stanek or Blanco. And the error wasn’t Montero’s fault, making a really tough situation tougher. He made a good pitch and it just didn’t play out for them.

Fans can yell and complain - I get it. But I’m not seeing a clearly better alternative - outside of potentially burning Pressly for game 7. If Baker puts Urquidy or Brown or France in *that* situation and it plays out similarly - you’re telling me you’d be happily satisfied they made the right call?

I’ve been saying this for weeks: this team isn’t as good/deep as previous teams. They’re having to band-aid over far more wounds than years past.

SuraGotMadHops and RussE like this.
  3. CinematicFusion

Javier goes 5 innings, gives up 2 runs
    Maton/Brown for 6th
    Neris for 7th
    Abreu for 8th
    pressley for 9th
    Bullpen gives up 2 runs

Astros win 5-4

ThisIsAlanR and Jake Tower like this.
  4. RussE

RussE Member

Got my Astros 2021 AL Champion t-shirt on. Long sleeve and it's warm out. That's ok. Need a win.

I thought the Astros were finished when they lost 3 at home to KC. Went to Seattle on a long flight and won the Monday night game with JV pitching. This team is resilient. A win is possible tonight.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah; I would’ve gone Chas for Peña and Diaz for Maldonado.

I wonder how much Chas’ awful AB in game 2 was prejudicing Baker? If there’s already some issue between them…

7. Screaming Fist

All that drama for nothing.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I am tired of people being scared. The Astros do what they are supposed to do tonight, or they don't. However, stop being scared of losing. I believe they will go for it and win. Bochy being undefeated in Game 7s and Dusty being 0 for 3 doesn't matter. Game 7s are usually 50/50 and luck plays a part.

I'm probably wrong, but **** it. Screw being scared of a Game 7.

Elienator and ThisIsAlanR like this.
  9. Screaming Fist

It's fun to think about what kind of stupid **** Dusty would have been up to had he managed some of the 2015-2019 teams. I think for one he would have punished Springer somehow for his craptastic WSG1 in 2017. I bet Dusty really would not have been a fan of Springer overall as he doesn't fit Dusty's preferred mold for a CF.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha so was I. All good!!

MadMax likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

My brother in Christ, let's ****in go!!!!!!!

bcast89, Stephen66 and mightybosstone like this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

How many dorkass reporters on Twitter insisted that if the suspension is upheld it will be served right away. None of these guys know s*** about s***

Go Stros effing win this effing game

IBTL likes this.
  13. RussE

RussE Member

I knew it would be in 2024, just like Yuli. Drama queens.

Stephen66 likes this.
  14. raj87

raj87 Member

“Abreu has to serve the two game suspension immediately. It cannot be deferred until 2024”

Stephen66 and MadMax like this.
  15. Elienator

Elienator Member

Suspension next year seems like a more fair outcome if it’s based on “intent”.

I hope Abreu isn’t pitching today because the Astros are up big and he hasn’t looked great the last two appearances. Nice that he’ll be available in the WS if they make it there.

MadMax likes this.
  16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not flippant. I just feel he had less production as a big leaguer than even Hensley had last year… when everybody was clamoring for him to DH during the WS.

Again, he had a great AB. I just didn’t think he would be the most likely to get a hit or get on base in that situation. They needed 2 runs. A hit would have been great.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

You aren't seeing a better alternative and I'm not seeing a worse alternative to Montero.... Because this team is not as good as least year is exactly why you go for it last night with one of your better pitchers instead of a walking disaster. I'm just hoping tonight is a bounce back game and The Astros advance.....

Stephen66 likes this.
  19. SuraGotMadHops

20. toby

toby Member

Bregman at 2 is so much easier to watch. I love Uncle Mike, but not at 2 anymore.