1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#8 Texas vs UH

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Oct 17, 2023.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Man, fkn bs game, rigged bro. Even after this at the end of the game, the horrible spot when clearly we got a first down, but that was an even horrible play call on 4th down. That being said, Dana has to go...

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Should preface this by saying UH got hosed by that spot and I’d prob be saying things if I were them. But this was seemingly another poorly officiated game by Big 12 officials.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah it sucks we got the short end of the stick, but I find dissecting calls to be such a boring, futile exercise.

If you want to win, don't let the game be decidable by a single whistle.

Dana sucks and we have to fire him, but I think UH earned a lot of respect Saturday night.

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Line up behind center and sneak the half yard that you need. I mean I get that they hadn’t had much luck running the ball but it’s a half yard. Run the sneak and reset the downs.

tinman likes this.
  5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We haven't been able to get first downs in short yardage running the ball in 2yrs and we couldn't do it in the American they aren't going to suddenly start being successful against Texas 5 star dlineman.

Brando2101 likes this.
  6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

So then you like the play call?

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Pass yes but I don't like the sprint out because Donovan sucks throwing on the run..

Brando2101 likes this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree with the call. The Cougars haven't been able to run the ball for 2 seasons now. No reason to think they can suddenly do it when it counts. Plus the route was open. Smith just missed the throw.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Smith has been inaccurate on the run, and from the pocket too, but I do like the run pass option on 4th and short because college defenders often make the wrong decision when pressed. The play was open.

Brando2101 likes this.
  10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We tried to run from the 2 inch line after Manjacks td catch was ruled down and lost 3 yards trying to run.

Brando2101 likes this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

How many times did Donovan throw it behind a receiver on a crossing pattern? Seemed like at least 3 or 4.

Dude is so damned streaky.

He'll have a quarter where he can't miss and then a quarter where he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Longhorn fans have moved on to the 3 hour discussion about Malik vs Arch til game time.
    I would love us to play UH more cause the stadium is easy to get to and easy to get out of cause it's not 100K people.

The way the line blocked for Baxter on the last TD is how they should do it every time against everybody.