1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you need to realize the inertia of our freight train foreign policy.

Partisan politics isn't enough to fool an entire nation into war for false pretense. Both sides had to play along.

That level of false pretense shows a systemic issue with our military industrial complex that is far more than "OMG bush evil".

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No they don't that country was Canaanite first.....no one has their own country, war seems to decide who gets what....I guess that is what is going on now then.

The winner gets to write the lines and the history and the loser is all the citizens that will be killed on both sides. during it.

DD

3. astros123

astros123 Member

Bush's own Intel department said Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. Bush then created a fake "working group" who's job was to fabricate evidence for an invasion.

The Intel department said saddam had no connection to al qaeda but Bush fabricated the entire story. 99% of what the Intel department does is heavily reliant on the POTUS.

You claiming the CIA is as reliable as hamas who's intended goal is the elimination of israel is the most deranged dumbest **** i've ever heard.

You're genuinely dumber than @Commodore by a country mile

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

what is it with leftist mobs blocking traffic and terrorizing people in their vehicles?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Cia doesn't have to express their intent. They can just show their resume of thousands of deaths resulting from their regime change actions for American profit motives.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

Again. "Regime changes" the CIA does are an extension of foreign policy of the current POTUS. Your issue is with the president at the time of the Regime change. The CIA only does what it's told.

Biden's CIA quickly said IRAN had nothing to do with the terrorist attack. They deescalated from the very beginning. Does that mean the CIA doesn't have evidence of an iranian attack? No it simply means the administration didn't want a broader war which would cause spike in gas prices.

Agencies like the CIA get told what to do by their bosses.

7. fchowd0311

Bro even Jimmy Carter has merced civilians under his watch. There is no president safe from the freight train of our foreign policy.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Show me evidence of the CIA fabricating evidence and lying to the public under biden. You claimed hamas was as credible as the cia so I'm sure you have lots of examples.

You've lost the plot and you've gone bat **** crazy

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Your reply to that post makes it available again :rolleyes:

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Unlikely these actions or scare campaigns will stop/slow Israelis reverse immigration to safe civil destinations away from falling apartheid regime

12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Stop with that. About 60% of Palestinians are all refugees living in those countries. Do you want them to add some more?
    Why? Searching for and alleviating the root cause agreeable to both sides is the better course.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, add some more - why not? They won't take em in, why is that? Is it because when Jordon opened it's borders they tried to overthrow the king almost immediately?

I would expect those that are protesting and expect ISRAEL to give up it's territory might offer to help and do some of the same?

DD

14. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Jordan has more than 2M of those refugees already. Do you want them to add some more? I think I'm correct when I initially joked that your history seems to span all of 2 weeks.

15. astros123

astros123 Member

It's funny how the pro hamas crowd forgets that it was Hamas that pressured PLO to reject Palestinian statehood in 2000. It wasn't the big bad Israel.

Hamas HAS NEVER wanted peace ever

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

OK.I think you should resume your debate with fch#. ,because I experience motion sickness trying to figure out what's going on with you and I'm really not worth your time

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They had kids blocking roads.

Oh ****, popo is here...get the kids out, it's unsafe now!

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Seems like Biden is doing that given their extensive history, as Bibi has proven and been exposed for being a slithery two faced POS.

It's very hard to thread that line...containing Bibi while giving unconditional support to Israel, especially when there's a "deadline" of hostages while unknown free actors are beginning to coalesce from Israel's response and presence. Israeli press has noted how Bibi clutches Biden like a political lamprey, while wondering out loud for Biden to admonish their head of state by taking more direct control of the situation (unlikely and more reader bait).

This is a pro to seat a geriatric "Washington insider" with years of statecraft from past admins as well as connections to congress across both aisles. Way different than what Obama or a Desantis would do.

Ofc, the magats will push their own geriatric insider with a russian kill switch held deeply in his rectum, but they're devoid of any sense of awareness or reality outside their own trailer park

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good news, in my opinion.

Israel-Gaza Situation Report: U.S. Flows Missile Defenses Into Middle East

The U.S. is sending THAAD and additional Patriot batteries as the threat that Iran and its proxies will enter the war grows.

BY TYLER ROGOWAY |PUBLISHED OCT 22, 2023 5:15 PM EDT

The pressure throughout the Middle East is continuing to build as Israel says it is poised and ready to execute its postponed ground assault into the Gaza Strip. With Hezbollah and Israel trading fire across the Lebanon border at a growing pace and after USS Carney swatted down a relatively large-scale missile and drone attack emanating from Iranian proxies in Yemen, as well as numerous drone and rocket attacks on bases with U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria, the possibility that the Gaza operation could trigger a much wider conflict is highly palpable. As a result, the U.S. is deploying additional Patriot batteries and a Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) ballistic missile defense battery to the region.

The decision to send these assets, especially the THAAD battery, is certainly an ominous sign, but it remains part of a larger contingency operation now underway to place much more firepower in the region should Iran's proxies, or even Iran itself, enter the conflict. This will soon include two carrier strike groups and a amphibious strike group, as well as additional allied warships congregating in the Eastern Mediterranean.

A Statement from Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin summed up the latest American force posture alterations in the region:

"Following detailed discussions with President Biden on recent escalations by Iran and its proxy forces across the Middle East Region, today I directed a series of additional steps to further strengthen the Department of Defense posture in the region. These steps will bolster regional deterrence efforts, increase force protection for U.S. forces in the region, and assist in the defense of Israel.

First, I redirected the movement of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group to the Central Command area of responsibility. This carrier strike group is in addition to the USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group, which is currently operating in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. It will further increase our force posture and strengthen our capabilities and ability to respond to a range of contingencies.

I have also activated the deployment of a Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) battery as well as additional Patriot battalions to locations throughout the region to increase force protection for U.S. forces.

Finally, I have placed an additional number of forces on prepare to deploy orders as part of prudent contingency planning, to increase their readiness and ability to quickly respond as required.

I will continue to assess our force posture requirements in the region and consider deploying additional capabilities as necessary."

THAAD is used to intercept ballistic missiles during the later stage of their attack profiles, as they transition out of the midcourse portion of their flight and descend down towards their targets. It can intercept more capable, faster and farther-flying ballistic missiles and at greater ranges than Patriot, and thus provides an upper-layer anti-ballistic missile defense tier that, in many cases, complements Patriot. UAE also operates THAAD. The first operational use of the system happened there in 2022. Saudi Arabia has the system on order, with the initial system arriving in 2026.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...t-u-s-flows-missile-defenses-into-middle-east

20. astros123

astros123 Member

Can you imagine how deranged you have to be to post this without thinking you're nuts. Eric is a famous reporter with a big moderate following.

Insane