1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, Maldy actually took a hit for the team. It brought back memories of Biggio when he did that.

Jake Tower likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naw we have seen tuck perform in the playoffs before right?

I really think he needs to just take off the gloves. I saw somewhere tuck switched to gloves because his regular AB warmup was tiring him out because of the pitch clock. he is just going to have to be tired. ditch the gloves.

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

$325 is not that much. lol

at least not financially crippling. you will bounce back.. if they lose.

4. tx2005

tx2005 Member

I'll be honest, this whole postseason has been a bonus for me personally. After that sweep against KC before the last week of the season, I thought that the postseason was a long shot. I would have been ecstatic if I told myself then that the Astros would be in a Game 7 in the ACLS with a chance to make it back to the World Series in what I feel isn't a bad pitching matchup.

I'm hoping that the guys are going to do something special tomorrow to get the win, but I'm also afraid that given how much a mental game baseball is, that this inability to win at home is getting into their heads and they are going to press way too much tomorrow. It's unbelievable that they've had bases loaded at home several times in this series and I don't believe they have scored a run yet. That's got to be 90% mental, especially with 0 or 1 outs.

Hey Now! likes this.
  5. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Astros will homer tomorrow for sure. We did not homer in game 6. I think we will win.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point I have more faith in McCormick in the lineup than Tucker. Tucker needs to prove me wrong tomorrow if he plays, which I'm sure he will.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Then make it make sense, would you have put Montero in that situation? Be honest, I can't possibly believe anyone on this forum or that has ever watched The Astros would do that.. You only do that for one reason, to load the bases up.......

arabrocket likes this.
  8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

I don't care too much about The WS to be honest... I care about not getting eliminated by the *ucking rangers.... Just thinking about it sucks, 7 year dynasty coming to a close because of Dusty and rangers.........

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Considering Abreu has surrendered runs in half his appearances this series, and has been overly exposed by pitching many-a-game this series, he's probably better off DNPing (suspension) next game.

Astros have plenty innings available among Javier, France, Brown, and Pressly.

Fans should be far more concerned with the anemic offense.

11. Kphorns14

Kphorns14 Member

Yeah, have to chase runs tomorrow. Diaz has to be catching. Javier does let those nuts hang in the playoffs, but you need to prepare for having to score lots of runs. If Peña is lost after his 2nd AB put Dubon in at SS. And screw L/R it doesn’t work at home.
    Altuve-2b
    Brantley-LF
    Yordan-DH
    Bregman-3b
    Abreu-1b
    Tucker-RF
    Diaz-C
    Chas-CF
    Pena-ss

brown and France my first two out of the pen.
    However expect Dusty to do something like hitting pena 2nd.

ashleyem likes this.
  12. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I don't know about y'all but I'm glad we lost in a blowout. If you're gonna have a bad offensive game, make it in a game you get blown out. That way you can't say a few at-bats cost you. I'm sure our offense will respond against Mad Max.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Obviously, the league wanted this to go 7 games. Tomorrow, we have our best in the playoffs. Dusty knows this.

14. tx2005

tx2005 Member

I wish Dusty would finally give it up and put out the best possible lineup for an elimination game. We all know he won't and at minimum Maldy will be in the 9 hole.

The Beard and ashleyem like this.
  15. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

It is for me, I'm on disability. Granted, that money was from a lawsuit settlement but I'm just above the poverty line (again, it was from free money I fell into).

DreamShook likes this.
  16. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We can dang sure win it...we have to score runs and Javy has to hang in there for like 6 innings and pitch his butt off and only giving up a run or two. I'm so disappointed in the "I" instead of "team" approach. Bases loaded and you got up there swinging at balls when you should make a guy through strikes. But, everyone wants to be a hero. A pitch comes in on you and you jump out of the way instead of taking the hit on a heavily armored arm. When Javy is on, he's on....got to hope good Javy shows up and we can score some runs. We owe Scherzer one.
    Chas did not unfortunately.

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

A few at bats did cost them. They take the lead or just tie the Rangers after loading the bases in the 8th with 1 out then Pressly is pitching the 9th instead of Montero and Stanek. No blowout.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I trust Maton more than France and Brown

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If we cant win at MMP, burn the place down.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

well damn, cal. I need Astros to win for you, bro.