1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

It will be fun to watch game 6 of the NLCS early tomorrow to keep me distracted.

Aware and Tfor3 like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Screenshot_20230822-151126_Google.jpg

Get Maldonado the f*** out. The team needs offense and Javier didn't throw the no-hit with Martín catching, nor did he have a lower ERA than Diaz.

Either way, we will thank Dusty later. Ask him.

everyday eddie and Stephen66 like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

No reason to either..... I hope this time they do address the problems in the offseason, one more game and we either in the WS or Dusty is never wearing a Stros uniform again.... I'm going to be happy with either....

4. VanityHalfBlack

Minute Maid cursed?

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If it was something with the Batter's Eye, or the lighting, I would expect it to effect only a few guys on the team. But this is something else. You see how much they start to press with RISP. The Dubon AB with bases loaded was a prime example of that. Leclerc was throwing absolute gutter trash up there, and instead of forcing him to throw that breaking ball for a strike, Dubon swings at 2 balls low and away right off the bat. It's off-balance **** like that that keeps happening up and down the lineup with RISP, and it's unsustainable as long as guys like Bregman, Tucker, Dubon, and even Yordan swing at crap out of the zone time and time and time again.

napalm06 and Stephen66 like this.
  6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Tuck cared more about having a 30/30 regular season than do anything good in the post-season.

Jake Tower, Dredd, Stephen66 and 2 others like this.
  7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Any former stud player can turn back the clock for one night. I'll believe it when I see the Astros score 3+ runs on him next game

Houstunna and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I typed that before the 9th inning at bat. No, I was sober, and was just wanting a miracle in the 9th.

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Also playing with house money

Not winning a back 2 back isn't the end of the world

I still love my boys though. Dusty is like the crazy old Uncle that still lives in the house and has good/bad days.

Hey Now!, napalm06, Stephen66 and 2 others like this.
  10. Rocketsglare

Rocketsglare Member

Just win tomorrow. still believe! Can’t let them rock us early though.

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Before the Brantley DP, I was begging Altuve to steal but Dusty stayed put. Bochy on the other hand told Carter to steal and they got a run. Then Pena came up with bases loaded I was thinking maybe you could pinch hit Diaz or McCormick, but he went with Singleton. Really? Dude hadn’t had a real at-bat for a month and I couldn’t believe Dusty really thought he was a better option than McCormick or Diaz. Still a 2-run game after all, and he chose to punt the game.

12. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

You actually said Dusty threw this game? I guess you didn’t see Tucker literally give up on making a HR robbing catch early…..

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

You know. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is insanity. And I am not the baseball mind that Dusty is. But, anyone with a pulse can see our offense at home is dog excrement. Why not:

altuve - 2nd
    Bregman -3rd
    Alvarez - LF
    Brantley RF
    Abreu - 1st
    Diaz - DH
    Dubon - Short
    Chaz - CF
    Bar of Soap catching catching

can’t be worse at this point. Pena and Tucker are just light Maldanados. Pull 2 of the 3 and who knows. Maybe we could score 3 or 4 runs.

napalm06 and Dredd like this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Tomorrow is Javier's first home playoff start of his career.

1_nuYWVdOkOrcqt1sl9rBlJQ.gif

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I actually agree about Altuve stealing there. Hell, Altuve tries to steal half the time when he has no business running, and the one time he should, he stays put. And say what you want about Singleton, he put together a hell of an AB there. Leclerc ended up getting him on a very well located pitch, but it was a good battle. I'm fairly certain McCormick and Diaz would have struck out on one of those low breaking balls earlier in the AB. Neither one of those guys is exactly known for a great approach at the plate.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that.

desihooper likes this.
  17. tx2005

tx2005 Member

At least tomorrow night I feel the Astros have a better pitching matchup. I'll take Scherzer over Eovaldi based on how good Eovaldi has been in the postseason. Scherzer could still do plenty of damage based on how bad this lineup has been at home, but hopefully tomorrow night is a repeat of the his last two starts against the Astros. CJ has had his struggles but he's been great of late and he seems very calm and locked in. I'll take that over the Framber's tendency to have meltdowns.

Lineup wise, ideally Dusty stops being stubborn for once and actually puts out the best lineup possible. Of course we know that won't happen. Maldy likely gets the start again. It's just sad to me that given this team's hitting struggles that we likely see 1 or 2 of the teams better hitters ride the bench in a must win game 7.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

That would make more sense than him just being a complete, insane, moron

Stephen66 and Salvy like this.
  20. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

Our 3 ALCS losses we have loaded the bases with all combinations. 2 outs G1, no outs G2, and 1 out tonight. Every damn time we have scored 0 runs. Just one big hit and we're back in the WS already.

The suspension side story definitely didn't help, does give me shades of 2019 Tauben distraction.

I like Javier tomorrow though. Just wish we could have finished it tonight.

joshuaao, Jake Tower and marks0223 like this.