1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If we don’t give them nothing to hit, they won’t hit he’s.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I was at the Burke game too with my current wife but we left int he 13th or so becuase she couldn't take it any longer and watched the rest of the game at the bar.

Man that's crazy that he's 23 now when I think about it. Glad you are doing well and enjoying the ride we have had with these Stros no matter where it goes.

MadMax likes this.
  3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I wanna say it was bacon jalepenos and some other stuff. Can't believe I forgot lmao.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Carter is an absolute stud. The fact they have him pisses me off and really completes their lineup.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Had mustard and jalapeños and was cooked in hot sauce. There was a burger place just off campus at Baylor called Big Daddy’s who had a cajun burger done the same way…those are my 2 favorite burgers of all time

6. Buck Turgidson

NOBODY expects the Arlington Inquisition! Our chief weapon is hand signs...hand signs and a crotch grabs...crotch grabs and hand signs....and terrible music.... Our *three* weapons are crotch grabs and hand signs....and terrible music...and an almost fanatical devotion to fried foods.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as ... I'll come in again.

MadMax likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I members it now. I will soon try to recreate this at home.

MadMax likes this.
  8. MadMax

2 best franchise moments are somebody fought somebody else both times. Also Creed & Crotch

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

fanooks

10. MadMax

I buy burgers to grill from Hebert’s cajun meat market here. They’re so good. But I add some Louisiana hot sauce on them because I have issues

11. Nook

Nook Member

Not that Urquidy needs any more pressure but tonight is a really important start for his career.

He has pitched in 13 games in the post season in his career and had 7 starts....

In those 13 games he has been average or better in 11 of the games... he has had two bad performances.

If he holds the Rangers in check today - then the confidence the Astros have in him in big games, will be sky high and his regular season performance will be somewhat overlooked.

This is on paper a terrible match up for Urquidy - a deep line up with lots of power and in Arlington..... I will be a little surprised and really impressed if he does well.

The winner of game 4 likely goes on to win this series.

12. MadMax

Iv
    Ive never been clear about the source of insight you have in our favorite team aside from your intelligence, but it’s so appreciated

Nook likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I miss Hebert's.

eta: there's a good boudin company out of Beaumont (https://www.djsboudain.com/) that I can get at HEB

...not as good as the best ones from SoLA (http://billysboudincracklin.com/)

...and I've basically had to figure out through trial an error how to make sausage and ground meat and the cajun spice mix that goes on everything (which is the key to all of the above)

#4273 Buck Turgidson, Oct 19, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
    travfrancis and MadMax like this.
  14. HTM

HTM Member

Our boy Urquidy is nails.

MadMax likes this.
  15. MadMax

The deboned stuffed chicken with crawfish dressing, shrimp diablos, and crawfish etoufee are all in my freezer as we “speak.”

Buck Turgidson and solid like this.
  16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yes fans, tonight is the "game for the season." Astros win, series tied with three games to go. Whoever wins two of the three final games goes to the WS. If Rangers win, season over: they would then have to win just one out of final three.

MadMax likes this.
  17. MadMax

I’ll still be here if we lose, but your point is well made. Pivotal game

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

LF-Chas/Dubon-CF in the 2 hole

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Did you all miss lunch?!

MadMax likes this.
  20. MadMax

He definitely remembers Live. When we drive that way we talk about it. Thanks for your graciousness! Great memories with my kid