1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OLED, QLED and other TVs - Recommendations and News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yung-T, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

65in LG C3 is $1399, no tax, free shipping via greentoe right now. Seems GOOD TO ME. But @Dr of Dunk will probably come tell me it's a BAD DEAL for no reason. GOOD LUCK

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Thats because its not a cathode ray tube in a wooden cabinet with a wired controller with 500 buttons. Boomers love buttons.

tinman likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

65" is so 2021. It starts at 77" now.

Sajan likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You might be right. Either 77 or NO tv seems like the future.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's a bad deal for no reason!!!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If you are spending money on a screen less than 100", you a sucka.

The only legitimate excuse is that you are a midget living in a midget house, and the screen is bigger than the wall.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Something tells me the Sphere will be converted into a church in the not so distant future.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

That’s honestly an amusing thought. Imagine a street corner preacher scolding and shaming people on the strip from this giant orb, Righteous Gemstones style.

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Don't ever get a Samsung tv. I made the mistake and bought one of their Qled top of the line at the time 85 inch Qled. I read the reviews but didn't think it was that bad. Samsung is probably the worst out of the big manufactures when it comes to appliances and television. So they order me a new screen for my 85 inch qn90a. I had to bring the tv down from the wall was the first thing as the repair place they contracted to doesn't do that. Then today the screen came in. The technician put on the screen. Turns on great! I'm assuming I'm set to go. Luckily after the guy put on the back panel I ask could he try it again an see if its fix for good so I could pay for the guys to put the tv back on. It started to flicker. So the guy change the wires and then switch back the old board from the old tv panel back in. Same results. So he had to call Samsung and told him of the problem. A brand new panel and this occur. Lucky I ask and it was me at home instead of my mom. I was about to tell my mom to stay home to just let the guy put it back on. Should be no problem given the new screen. I will never buy another Samsung TV. Terrible service. Now I'm on the phone over an 4 and no resolve. Keep getting transfer to different people. Save yourself the time and headache and get an LG or Sony from Costco if anything ever happens to it. Couple hundred more but much better for their return.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I bought my LG OLED from Costco a couple of years ago just for the warranty and return if necessary. I think the only reason I have Costco membership is for big purchases like this when they have deals and for their warranty/return policies. I don't think I'd buy any Samsung kitchen appliance (not yet, anyway), but I thought their tv's were a bit more solid. The last Samsung I had was a 55" that lasted about 6 years before it started having issues. A friend told me to just get a new tv instead of repairing it, so I did.

Surfguy and tinman like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LG OLED is still king

Blake likes this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I’m getting a feeling of déjà vu, you post this on Reddit somewhere? I wanted to fix a Samsung tv that went out on me but ended up throwing it out.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm an LG and/or Sony before Samsung guy but I have a Samsung plasma from 2007 that still works. You just had bad luck. Happens with LG and Sony too.

Sajan likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I returned thebqled 3 years ago, picture to LG oled was too inferior to overlook

Haven’t looked back since

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I got a 40" Westinghouse led that I bought on Black Friday in 2008(when you had to stand in line) that still works in the garage.

Westinghouse >>>> everything else.
    Argue it, but you'd be wrong.

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I believe some Chinese company bought the name and it's now crap. I'm sticking with LG and Sony for TV's and dumb appliances as I've been doing for the past 10 or so years. **** Samsung...

Sajan likes this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What do you know about top-of-the-line Dynex?

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Not a damn thing...:cool:

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's even worse. I think a Canadian company bought them!!!!

Andre0087 likes this.