1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Biden says stupid stuff a lot but this is one I don't think he is being stupid or callous. He's walking a very fine line here. He's trying to call for Israeli restraint without coming down too hard on them and inviting a political blowback. He's also trying to point out problems in US history, and his own since he voted for authorization of force, without seemign to throw the US under the bus.

It is an almost an impossible politcal situation.

joshuaao, ArtV, Andre0087 and 6 others like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The antisemitic journalists wanted the propaganda to be true. At least the hospital strike does not appear to be on purpose.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

because of Fog of War is the very reason the media shouldn't of published claims it was Isreal. Fog of War isn't a justification for why something was published, its a justification for why something was not published. As in , 'because of Fog of War , I wasn't confident in the messaging from HAMAS, so i didn't publish the story'

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hamas is like ISIS, I couldn't care less about "alienating" them, they need to be ERADICATED.

ROXRAN likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

It was a parking lot strike lol

ROXRAN and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

This is why it’s better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. Poor ****ing dog probably wondering what he did wrong to have such a moronic master.

7. tallanvor

the staged press conference after with all the dead bodies was on purpose and horrible considering everything we know now

ROXRAN and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I believe he is from Turkey. His views are part of the mainstream there.

I have been telling you guys for years. I have talked to many people like that. They seem normal, until they start talking about Israel (and also sometimes the US).

9. maypk

maypk Member

They seem normal until they start telling the bitter truths that hypocritical westerners don't want to face. Got you ;)

I'm pretty sure you clown think Russia is a terrorist state but US/UK invasion of Iraq is totally justified.

I'm pretty sure you clown think Israel fights against terrorism but Turkey is invading Kurds' lands?

Am i right clown?

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If it bleeds it leads. I think it was more about the shock and awe as it was picking sides with an agenda. However if the media operates in this model it benefits the more extreme side that thrives in chaos, lies, and deceit. The media needs to be reporting with clarity and more calm based on the facts. They cannot jump to the “breaking news” screen without verifying from unreliable resources.

This is why Trump has done so well in our media landscape. Shocking and bombastic claims to get the breaking news headline then later on the media has to play cleanup on the facts but by then the ink is already dry.

As I said earlier, it is possible that an Israeli missile could hit a hospital in Gaza by mistake (on purpose would be a travesty and lose the support of the west which would be stupid strategically). So the media cannot rule out the possibility but in this case they should have done a better job initially to say that there’s a reported explosion at a Gaza hospital, we are working to gather the facts…

B-Bob, Astrodome, Amiga and 1 other person like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I do think Russia is the aggressor against Ukraine, and they are a highly corrupt state run by a gang of criminals. As I stated here before, I was against the Iraq invasion.

Israel fights against terrorism, without a doubt. I don't know enough about the Turkish/Kurdish conflicts, but I know Erdogan is a ruthless Islamist dictator who has imprisoned lots of journalists and opponents, and who is a corrupt criminal. Wouldn't surprise me if you were a supporter of the Grey Wolves.

12. maypk

maypk Member

And i do think Israel is the aggressor against Palestine, and they are highly corrupt state run by a gang of war criminals. Deal with it and stop acting like i'm terrorist and not "normal".

And i wish Erdogan was a ruthless islamist dictator instead of a puppet appointed by EU. That way 10 millions of Syrian refugees would be your problem not ours.

I'm not a Gray wolf but i'm not surprised you bring that up since you're brainwashed by DW and probably think they're armed terrorist organization lmfao. I know it's too late for you to learn some truth but here's another one. Gray wolves in TR are way less racist/nationalist than AfD in Germany.-

13. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Oh please. I hope you and your fellow Turks really enjoyed all that ISIS oil you were buying up. Thanks for funding the worst people in the world. Spare me the hypocrisy argument.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You aren't normal if you honestly think that.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Turkey should open up for Palestinian refugees to come in then, right? RIGHT? I mean Sweden has, Germany has France has the USA has....

DD

ROXRAN likes this.
  16. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Huh? My feeling has nothing to do with the plausibility of the theory I espouse. What's wrong with "advocating for a devil"?
    Anyway, don't waste your time. It's not for you.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

WSJ:

The U.S. has collected “high confidence” signals intelligence indicating that the blast at the hospital in Gaza was caused by the militant group Palestinian Islamic Jihad, U.S. officials said, buttressing Israel’s contention that it wasn’t responsible for the blast.

The U.S. assessment that Israel wasn’t behind the blast at the hospital drew, in part, on communications intercepts and other intelligence gathered by the U.S., defense officials said.

“Our current assessment, based on analysis of overhead imagery, intercepts and open source information, is that Israel is not responsible for the explosion at the hospital in Gaza,” White House National Security Council spokeswoman Adrienne Watson said, adding that the U.S. continues to collect information on the incident.

Nook, B-Bob, AroundTheWorld and 2 others like this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

joshuaao and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

"A JDAM that detonates at a higher altitude will create a larger crater than a JDAM that detonates at a lower altitude. And a JDAM that detonates in hard, packed soil will create a smaller crater than a JDAM that detonates in soft, loose soil."

That fits your video. The detonation was so low, that the explosion looked like coming from the ground. It impacted on parking lot concrete. These circumstances helped create an insignificant crater as shown in the other videos that supposedly debunk whatever it is that they are debunking.

maypk likes this.
  20. tallanvor

Hamas attacks hospitals on both sides. they are fair