1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like i said, it's not the only reason. Your opinion doesn't super succeed someone else's because that's the way you see it. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over it. Be bless.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Framber has issues upstairs, but his biggest demise this year was overuse.

He was awesome first 3 months, then after an ankle injury he kept pitching because management chose to.

He likely overcompensated in other areas and now he's just shot.

Management has made this season much harder than it should've been, in more ways than one.

Clutch City1993 and Stephen66 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I couldn’t care less if you think it needs to supersede. His issues are what they are. He needs to be accountable for himself and be better.

4. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Sure you do... you cant stop responding...

Stephen66 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Did I quote you or was it the other way around. Oh wait. It’s rhetorical in case you don’t get the sarcasm

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

giphy.gif
    tippin-steady.gif

ROCKSS, Clutch City1993 and MadMax like this.
  7. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Awww sensitive guy... no wonder why you share Ben's posts. It all makes sense.

Stephen66 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup it was pretty funny so I shared it. No idea how that has anything to do with framber. Oh it doesn’t. Jealous of him I guess from what it sounds like

What’s the next quote you’re going to go with since you’re yearning for attention clearly

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Games in baseball are so fickle and often based off momentum. Right now the Rangers are just wrecking teams since the start of the post season.
    The starts that Montgomery and Elovaldi gave really have been their saving grace b/c their bullpen depth sucks, and it was our responsibility to expose it.

Being down 0-2 in this series really sucks, because all facets of our team need to click to win

I dont know if Baker is going to outcoach Bochy, but the Astros collectively need to play smarter (NOT HARDER).
    For example really thought that a suicide squeeze would have thrown the Rangers off guard with base loaded and no outs. "Leaning in to get on base" - players may have to try to get on base. My opinion is if the game is tied or the Astros are up or down atleast 2 runs, Bochy will NOT pitch to Yordan. He will make someone else beat us in the next few games (by sacrificing a single run).
    The Rangers are doing to the Astros what the Nationals did in WS few years ago (nickel and dime) - we may need to approach the ABs with the purpose of trying to get on base.
    We need to get yet another all world performance from Javier.
    Please start Diaz (he is having good swings, and he will be fine with more opportunities). Maldy really isnt helping. AT ALL.
    Any decision to NOT have Uncle Mike in the lineup is a fireable offense.

Suggestions for game 3:
    Dubon 1st
    Altuve 2nd
    Alvarez 3rd
    Brantley 4th
    Bregman 5th
    Tucker 6th
    Abreu 7th
    Pena 8th
    Diaz 9th

Snake Diggit likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Astros are running on Fumes. I think the Astros Players should stay Home, they haven't shown up.

11. Radricky

Radricky Member

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Well. What can you do.
    This series is far from over. But, this entire season has felt unstable and just off. I am not a Dusty Baker fan. I think the only managing he does is to work that toothpick like a 3 dollar woman of the night works a pipe. That said we have been spoiled and blessed with 7 years of elite baseball. 7 ALCS appearances. 4 World Series appearances. Won 2. We beat hallowed teams in the process. Red Sox in 17, Dodgers in 17, Phillies last year. And ever since 2015 the Yankees? Well let’s just refer to them as the Astros version of “The Gimp”. Pulp Fiction fans understand that. Being down in a hole 0-2 sucks. But we were in 2019 after Cole and JV pitched. Then went on the road and won 3 straight. Can we come back? You bet your ass. Will we? Eesh. I hope so. Because I don’t want the Rangers to be the team that takes us out. That would be just disgusting. But if it happens. Well, what can we do. b**** all we want I suppose. If they do beat us I hope that sends Baker and his man crush on Maldanado into that good night. Then go out and re hire Hinch and Lunhow so they can stabilize this Juggernaught that is starting to develop wobbly wheels. Crane can tell everyone to pound sand.

Stephen66 likes this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Framber made this same "they got lucky" excuse against the Royals if I recall correctly...of was it the Athletics..I can't remember which shitty team because they both shelled him

Radricky and Stephen66 like this.
  14. dholi_1

dholi_1 Member

the quality of that throw to first was subpar

Stephen66 likes this.
  15. Radricky

Radricky Member

16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

You’ve said this about literally EVERY pitcher this year.

There’s nothing about his performance stuff wise that suggests this to be the issue. Once again today he had two unfortunate hits to start the game that weren’t hit that well. Then he makes that terrible error and anyone who has been watching this guy pitch knew he was going to implode from there.

FYI he threw more innings last year.

#2716 Htown Stros, Oct 16, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's nice of you to say.

18. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

The question was has any team ever come back from a 2-0 deficit after losing both games at home.

Radricky likes this.
  19. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Framber has pretty much sucked for 3 months.

“Literally EVERY” is a strong statement. It’s a false statement too. But Astros have had most of the staff overworked at some this season — and I had no problem saying it.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Think the Yankees did in 2017 vs the Indians…I’m sure that’s not the entire list ever

Radricky likes this.