1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Victor Wembanyama as a Spurs thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What in the **** is this even supposed to be

gunawanspurs and Space City like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I stroked out reading the first 5 words.

3. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

4. invocux

invocux Member

Read it

5. invocux

invocux Member

Did that chopstick get injured already? Twitter says he's unavailable.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

invocux likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. invocux

invocux Member

He's like a glass art isn't he? Your mother brings it home she's all smiling, mesmerized by the sheer beauty of it. It's shinny, edges are smooth as hell, it's colorful and incredible work of art in general. You don't really give a f.ck it has no purpose in life but to look good but you are happy for your mother and that's important you know it won't gonna last a week because you and your dad are clumsy as **** and you have a cat to top it all off. It is gonna survive the first couple of days then the cat will urinate on it. 2 days later your arm will hit it trying to grab the remote controller next to it and causing it to fall and shatter. Then you will have pick up shatter on the shattered glass ornament and threw it away. Now he belongs to the streets some garbage bin or a crazy homeless person's bum. It's his new home. A minute ago it was the most precious thing in the home a minute later you don't even wanna look at that abomination. That's how i feel about Wemby. They will protect his ass as much as they could. Rest him, apply ice, relaxant to his legs, 7 different therapists will massage his lower half simultaneously but one day when they are looking somewhere else a cat will urinate on him. That cat's name? Dillon Brooks.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, they call Brooks a villain and a dog.

Yeah, Brooks is going to urinate on Marcus Smart and Ja Morant 4x a year I think but I think they will make him pay.

invocux likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol future Goat but can't play B2B preseason games. Lmao

Spurs saw the Rox beating everyone and got scared for Wemby. They'll scout us first and then bring him out the next game when they have Intel so he doesn't get embarrassed.

ReverseBjorn and cheke64 like this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If he's 7'4", then history tells us his career will be short. The fact he's already had stress fractures is extremely concerning.

I've said for a while now...whoever gets him needs to build to win QUICKLY. Some of you may recall that I loathed when the Rockets extended Yao that last time...because to me it was all about the owner getting a front seat to unrelated business opportunities in China and not about what was best for the team going forward. Yao played sparingly and on reduced minutes after that extension. We had doctors explaining to us then the physics of the toll joints and bones take while doing anything at that height...much less trying to play professional basketball. It should not have been a surprise to anyone that Yao's career went just about the way every other player who ever played at that height went....limited minutes by the age of 30...out of the league shortly thereafter.

Having said that, if I had the #1 pick in the draft, I absolutely would have drafted him. He is insanely skilled for any player of any size...but for a guy his height it's just unreal. But the focus would be immediately on doing whatever it took to put "win now" players around him. You just shouldn't bet on him having a long career.

I guess I fit somewhere in between the detractors and the superfans here. I think he's exceptional...I just think he's going to be subject to the same physical limitations other guys at his height have faced...I don't see any reason to believe otherwise.

roslolian, Caesar and Amiga like this.
  12. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

Not worried or scared of wemby. He better win as many chips as he can before he's 24 then injuries will ruin him. That's all.

13. i3artow i3aller

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He's currently at 230 pounds, which is lighter than Durant. Perhaps this weight will help extend his career, unless they decide to bulk him up.

daywalker02 and MadMax like this.
  15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That didn’t seem to matter much to all the super tall guys who preceded him, but it’s a fair point. Aside from the fact he’s a Spur, I like him.

Outlier and Amiga like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

So replying to people who reply to me is being a hater now? Pathetic. He is so good Spurs rest him on B2B in preseason. That's your goat.

I'm not hating on the dude when I say he shouldnt be lined up next to Giannis and Steph Curry before he even plays his first regular season game. That's just you being a delulu fan boy and me being the voice of reason.

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Pop has rested players since the beginning of time. That you don’t know this says you don’t watch much basketball outside of the Rockets. You can’t help yourself but make continuous posts about how Wemby is going to fail… if that isn’t a huge sign that you’re nothing but a petty, low life hating scumbag, then I don’t know what to tell you.

gunawanspurs likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't make continuous posts about Wemby dumb dumb I'm just replying to people who talk to me about Wemby like you.

This is a Rockets board not a Spurs board, why can't I even criticize Wembanyama? Players get criticized all the time how many people here criticize Lebron and Harden? But I say facts about Wemby suddenly I'm just a low life scumbag? Seriously can you suck off Wemby any harder? This is idol level mania you can't even say anything about the guy without rabids like you being toxic AF. OMG I'm such a low life hating scumbag for saying Wembanyama who hasn't even played a game shouldn't be lined up next to Multi MVPS Curry and Giannis. Clown. If you love Wemby so much go to Spurs boards and you can go jerk off to him like the rest of Spurs fans.

Don't worry when Wemby has that big ass injury I'll def @ you so we can talk about Wemby's greatness.

#458 roslolian, Oct 16, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    anthony59237 likes this.
  19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Stop pretending like all youre doing is replying to people. Are you in denial about that too? Theres plenty of your posts just quoting people unprompted. Youre such a loser, man. Took me two seconds to skim over your rant in this post because I know it was all garbage, but I just wanted to hit that reply button to tell you that youre petty and a loser.

gunawanspurs likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Replying to people is part of discussions. Because that's what people do in a message board right? You just want to silence everyone who speaks ill of your god that's why you say all this crap. Keep up with the personal attacks cuz I know you got nothing of substance to say otherwise.

You're the one in denial, especially about Wemby's long term health and future in the NBA.

Why are you so affected and taking this so personally? It's like every word spoken against Wemby hurts you to the core. LMAO

#460 roslolian, Oct 16, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2023