1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Victor Wembanyama as a Spurs thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His Tony Parker imitation is amazing.

i3artow i3aller and B-Bob like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

You said you prayed for them for years. Nobody knew Bates would be bad years ago.

Wemby isn't 7'5 he is 7'3 and his crossover is nowhere near AI. I mean him being able to crossover as a 7 footer is already amazing but you take hype train to another level.

Dude had 23/4 you act like he had 80 pts and 25 rebs talking about how unique he is. Chet and Mobley exist.

#402 roslolian, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Did wemby sht in your cereal?

you are the 1% of nba fans who arent impressed with wemby

how is it living this petty and in denial

gunawanspurs likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

???? He doesn't done anything yet what's there to be impressed about? Nothing he has done so far is screaming "multi generational" talent. You haven't seen a rookie score 23 pts before? Just cuz I'm not creaming all over Wemby means I'm petty and in denial? Lol wtf.

Look man how about a 300 usd bet he'll never be as good as Shaq? If y'all says he's multi generational talent he should be on par with Diesel at least right? How can someone be multi generational and not be that good?

#405 roslolian, Oct 14, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

23 points in 20 minutes..... that is probably 30+ in 36 minutes.

Lol it has nothing to do with that......he is a generational talent because he can do all the things at a very good level and is an elite defender in prime.

Jabari would be nothing special if he was 6'4 and just shooting the way he is.

Height and length changed his trajectory.

Comparing him to Iverson and Shaq....those are dinosaurs, the new NBA is soft and is easy to dominate, a soft generational talent then.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

I have no issue with calling him a possible generational talent. SamFisher said watching him is a multi generational treat and saying he is as quick as Iverson. Multi generation means best player in the last 20+ years, that's Shaq/Lebron/TD/Hakeem level of dominance. He hasn't even played a second of regular nba season posters here want him inducted in the HOF already.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then you do not call him generational talent.

Fact is he will be the best player (not right now) for the upcoming years, that is all that matters now.

He is easily most exciting to watch right now......more watchable than Jayson Tatum or Joel Embiid.....Embiid is boring.

He is up there with Giannis and Curry and he can shoot too.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yeah… nearly everyone who is sane finds these clips entertaining.

Ros is trying so hard to hate on this dude evidenced by the number of posts hes had in this thread especially recently. A bonafide hater and cant enjoy anything good tbh

gunawanspurs likes this.
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

So, is Victor going to take over as the face of the league or will it be Jabari?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right now there is no face......The face is split between Jokic/Giannis/Embiid/Curry/Luka/LBJ/AD/Durant......

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well LeBron has been the main face for 15 years. Before him Kobe. Before him Jordan. There have always been other stars but there is always 1 that climbs to the top of the heap that the league pushes because they are Champions. My guess? Jabari. Why? Cause I'm a Rockets homer and we are long past due for having a Rocket as the main guy representing the league.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kobe was not clearly the face.....I think he had a stretch where he could not move into the Playoffs and had Smush Parker and wanted to join the Bulls.

Curry was the face when the GSW won their first 2-3 chips.

Curry and his wife were marketable to the audience.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wemby is a Superstar talent but I just can’t see him staying healthy year after year. Anyone that tall and moving the way he does just looks amazing with his skill. But all bigs that size has had to fight the injury bug.

I hope he’s the exception and the Rockets kick his ass every year.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually he is showing signs of being an elite player right now - his defensive ability is not just blocks, its basically a weird reality distortion field that warps opposing offense.

It's one thing to have a bulldog defensive C like Bam or Green. Elite players, can frustrate your offense by hustling and running and being faster and smarter than you.

Wembanyama has an impact just by presence I don't remember seeing a weird giraffe running around and then closing out on shooters or dominating 15 foot swathes of the court by leaning over.

I don't recall anything like it

gunawanspurs likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was replying to someone who is not a believer.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Impressed. We are on the verge of witnessing a goat level player assuming health.

Offensively he plays like a taller KD. You can't block any of his shots heck can you even disturb his jumper, not really

Defensively his presence alone is already transformative. Dudes impact goes beyond his stats

gunawanspurs, Outlier and daywalker02 like this.