1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No need to worry that much, New York is a different sort of hot spot.

It sounds cynical but it is a Domestic Violence case that happened on public soil, never underestimate that! It did not happen inside 4 walls of private estates.

I am going to be searching for news on October the 16th....remember that date! Hearing.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Men who commit violence against women aren't real men.

3. NewAge

NewAge Member

that guy is extremely dumb. Barely got allowed back in the NBA and then goes and throws billard balls…

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No need to exaggerate he threw pool balls.

apollo33 likes this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

this could be the best thing to could have happened to the rockets during the off-season.

the team looks so much more fluid without KPJ.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently no one wants to discuss the Rockets. Still KPJ and Kai Jones. Even the trolls are strangely silent. Weird.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Y’all are just assuming it has anything to do with KPJ based on absolutely zero evidence. You didn’t see them play with KPJ and this coaching/roster. It’s based purely on bias. I’m watching wondering if we could be even BETTER if we had a healthy (mentally) KPJ. Ime could have been the right coach for KPJ.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Spade is a spade it can't change to a diamond. KPJ is always and will always be a ball stopping selfish player. As they say watch the tape.

Not to mention he's just a giant trashy human.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no way of knowing, in this version of reality KPj is nowhere near mentally stable.

As a ball player, he has been coddled and overrated by this very Front office.

clos4life likes this.
  10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

You think KPJ was more of a ball stopper than Green?!

DaDakota likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's a real question? LOL

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yes. I don't think KPJ is a selfish player, he just naturally overdribbles due to lack of vision and lack of a first step.

Green doesn't even handle the ball enough to be a ball stopper

Dobbizzle, NewAge and JayGoogle like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think KPJ would have lasted long on this roster if Ime had anything to do with it.

Obviously Ime was willing to give it a try but even going into this season we were wondering what his role would be. Not starting PG since that was going to be FVV and so we all thought it would be as a 6th man sparkplug kind of Crawford role. Maybe KPJ could have thrived in that role but would he have endorsed it?

That's the question. If KPJ endorsed being a super 6th man that comes in and keeps the scoreboard moving it could have worked but seeing as how KPJ has had a terrible history with every coaching staff that's been over him I imagine Ime would have tired of the attitude and told the FO to be done with him.

Like I don't get the argument here really. The argument for KPJ is that he's matured and turned a new leaf and as such maybe would have been good under Ime but....we see from his actions here that he hasn't matured. He's still a hot head ready to explode and he definitely would have done so under Ime.

The only question is how the organization would handle the inevitable Ime v KPJ conflict but I doubt it would have been good for the team.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

According to Rocket's insider Roosh the Rockets thought KPJ was better than Green - and it was going to be an open competition for playing time at the SG spot.

I know we all moved on because of him and DV, and we should, but some of us were more enamored with his BBall skills - and wanted to see him under IMe's accountability - that will not happen now.

I will say that Green will have to change his game a lot to earn the max.....Max contracts are reserved for LEADERS on the team, and right now - 3 players, maybe 4 exude that dogness out of your young group.

1. Jabari
    2. Sengun
    3. Cam
    4. Amen

DD

NewAge likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not very likely.

You can count them on one hand.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL @Reeko

Did you hear Roosh is an insider? yeah me either

anthony59237 and Reeko like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Here they come to snuff the Rooshster, oh yeah

18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We never had a healthy (mentally) KPJ. Why would you have expected one to show up this season?

slothy420 likes this.
  19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have barely seen Cam and Amen play. Hold your horses

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I am not convinced he was ever that much of a distraction. All we’ve heard is rumors from guys like Nook. Nothing reported. Maybe he was. But I don’t know how anyone can definitively say that given the lack of verified information. We don’t even know the truth about his DV case yet. Forgetting the DV case I think it’s crazy to have NOT wanted to see how KpJ meshed with this coaching staff and roster before we completely disregard him. Again — not considering the DV situation.