1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official} ALDS Twins vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 7, 2023.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He has entered the Snoop Dogg realm- say whatever the **** you want status.

An already living Legend getting praised with more lengendaryness. I thought Ive seen it all.

**** off Alex

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol this lame narrative is pathetic. A weak cop out for lack of accountability. Address the real issues rather than trying to look for weak excuses.

the stros literally had 5 days off before the twins series. They just know how to prepare and be ready for October baseball.

jayfree and Tfor3 like this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man, I vividly remember 2004. Winning that first series versus the Braves, it felt like a major accomplishment, greatest season in Astros history.

Now this group uses the LDS as a glorified warm up round, only once did we even go the distance and we've never trailed. 8 straight short series wins is easily our most impressive accomplishment during this run IMO. Not the division titles, or pennants, or even the 2 WS. To be so consistent when it matters most, when even a slight slump sends you home is truly amazing.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

since no rangers vs astros thread up:

https://www.si.com/mlb/rangers/news...playoffs-celebrations-postseason-social-media

7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Was it me or was Tucker no where to be found during the post game festivities last night? I could have missed it, but seems like some of the people I work with had similar thoughts on the topic.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

One more win this postseason, and the Astros will have the most postseason wins this millenium.

9. donkeypunch

[​IMG]

jayfree likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

Life of the clubhouse Deejay.

11. jayfree

jayfree Member

I'm telling everyone...
    [​IMG]

AkeemTheDreem86 and Radricky like this.
  12. jayfree

jayfree Member

You'd thought it was a war covered on CNN

Radricky likes this.
  13. jayfree

jayfree Member

I wouldn't have minded hearing he was in the batting cages

Tomstro and ktex like this.
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Especially against the backdrop of this round being such Kryptonite for a lot of good teams. We throw around "CLUTCH!" and "CHOKE!" way too much when it comes to trying to explain things, and, honestly, I don't think both *really* exist - especially in a short series.

But, man.... at some point, not screwing up the LDS seven years in a row is rooted in... something I don't truly understand*.

* the one caveat is that I think we've routinely been the better team - but, as the Dodgers have proven, that doesn't really matter.

15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I think this is the nonstop excellence in the DS reflects the defining trait of Altuve, Bregs and company. Being clutch when it comes to winning time. Not shrinking from the moment. Pressly executing elite, perfect full count pitches last night. It takes more than physical skill. The clutch gene, toughness, greatness is what defines this group. The number of legendary moments and clutch performances this team has authored since 2017 is absolutely staggering.

I bet MLB players are the most aware of how elite the Astros are. They know how freaking impossible this is. Every last one of those lousy dodgers go to bed wondering how the f— do the Astros keep doing this. And they know it’s not a matter or cheating, or other stupid crap casual fans harp on. Deep inside they know the Astros are just better. And they’re jealous AF

Jake Tower and YOLO like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I mean... Altuve had 3 hits through their first seven playoff games last October... Where was his clutch gene?

I believe it was Rob Neyer who once argued that clutch is really just a player playing up to their potential/expected level of production. I really think that's all we're seeing. Altuve has an .834 career OPS and an .836 career postseason OPS.

I do think it's likely players get *tight* in tense situations. I think there's something to be said for that. But these guys have been playing for decades, and at each stop, they've had to learn how to perform under the weight of expectations. At the end of the day, they're just playing baseball.

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great win on the road...ALCS should be a great series...

19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Sure. And you can assign whatever narrative you want to. I’m going to hope that we beat the rangers and then Philly or AZ and pour champagne again either way. Im a season ticket holder. Im a huge fan. I spend way too much time thinking, writing and talking about it. Hope the win 8 more for sure.

Stephen66 and lnchan like this.
  20. Radricky

Radricky Member

Tuck was looking for the ****er that stole his chilled milk