1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jarace Walker preseason debut with Pacers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He does so many things well without the ball.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

It's going to be fun tracking his career. Love his fit in the modern era of the NBA. His IQ, defense, and intangibles will always be there. He's already coming into the league with nba level strength at only 20. If he continues to develop his offensive versatility, he's going to be a matchup problem

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He's looks good and bigger than 6'7 to me. I don't know what's going on with the measurements. Cam and Amen are both listed at 6'7, but Amen was standing next to Cam yesterday at open practice. Amen looks at least a couple of inches taller and It's not just the hair. Either Amen is 6'9 or Cam is really like 6'5 -6'6. But anywho, Walker looks like a steal so far.

Jontro and don grahamleone like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The good thing about a deep draft, you can never tell and they all have their special gifts.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

There were a lot of good directions to go with our early draft pick. I love what we did but I would’ve been happy with Jarace too.

Ausar, Anthony Black or Cason Wallace wouldn’t have been too bad either.

#5 don grahamleone, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

I’m happy with Amen, but I wanted the Rockets to go with Walker so definitely will follow the man’s career.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They only measure without shoes at the combine now, and a lot of NBA teams list players in shoes still. Like the Rockets who listed both Cam and Amen at 6'7 despite being measured under 6'6 at the combine.

Another thing they do at the combine is push down the player's hair, meaning Amen doesn't get the afro boost.

Trust the combine measurements over the eye test

roslolian and BasketballMind like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This year's draft was very deep. It'll be fun to see how this class turns out 10 years from now.

roslolian likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is the high utility player and now seems like a more complete player.

10. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Still too early to say that the draft is deep when no one has played a single NBA minutes. With that being said I really like Jarace and he was a Coog so I will always root for him to play well (just not against us.)

Rokman likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's why we need to wait 10 years to see how it turns out. :)

TriumVirate likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think draft gonna give LBJ and Hakeem class a run for their money, maybe not in generational top end talent but the depth is insane.

Easy and Rokman like this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

He would have flourished here with Udoka and his coaching staff. Every year there are 3 or 4 players that I think, damn, why couldn't we have got ALL those guys. Too hard to pick between.

arabrocket and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Duplicate

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You cannot pay every one of them when they are done developing.

That is why NBA teams are structured to these Star type super max contracts, max contracts, 15-28 million, mid level, smaller and vet minimum contracts.

Ball players make tons of money really quick.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Jarace had a game to forget last night. 2-10 from the floor, 1-6 on 3s, shot two air balls that missed by at least a foot, got a dunk blocked by Jabari, got dunked on by Tate and Samuels blew by him for a dunk. All that mostly playing against 2nd team and G League guys.

Just a really bad night.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

We need to get him out of Indiana. They love and know professional basketball in the state, but it's a dead end for becoming an NBA legend.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao do we have to keep track of every Preseason and G-League game he possibly plays as well....

19. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No, did anyone suggest we needed to? Just an observation on the last game regarding the UH kid.

I'm sure his performance will get discussed often during the upcoming season. If it's of no interest to you then ignore it. I'm a UH alum and basketball season ticket holder who watched all of his games last year, so I have an interest in him ( as do quite a few others on the board).

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was intended in the way that every rookie will hit a wall of kinds....he is no exception.....just not necessary to bring that up every game.

Has nothing to do with him being at UH or not, goes for all the rookies and youngins.

• Defensive schematics
    • Inefficiency in shooting
    • Playing Time reduction

#20 daywalker02, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023