1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Senator Tuberville hates the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree that he isn’t disinterested. He’s certainly very interested in what Tuberville is doing, being a patriot, and that is endangering our armed forces. Tuberville’s actions have had a direct negative impact on our military and he is doing it for reasons that, in my opinion, make no sense whatsoever, except to Tuberville, in my opinion. General Hayden suggested removing the senator from his committee seat. I think that’s a great idea. Saying he should be “removed from the human race,” which he did not say, is not something I would approve of.

Tuberville, like Gaetz, Green and Boebert, are perfect examples of the incredible extremism that has permeated the Republican Party, rotting it from within. Another example is the continuing claim by all four, and other GOP members of Congress, that trump “won” the 2020 election and that the idea that trump was involved in the January 6th assault on our nation’s capital is a “plot” by the so-called “Deep State” and the Justice Department. Proven lies that many of those busy spouting those lies know to be false, but despite that are continuing to be busy working to destabilize our democracy. In my opinion.

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Nathalie Jacoby suggested removing the Senator from his committee assignment. General Hayden responded, "How about from the human race?" I don't know if you are misattributing the statements, or that you think that response is not a suggestion that Sen. Tuberville be killed.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think sarcasm isn’t something you’re familiar with.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  4. StupidMoniker

Are you suggesting you were being sarcastic, or Hayden was? If you, it went right over my head, especially when you doubled down and misattributed the quotes. If Hayden, that seems an odd thing to say sarcastically. Generally, sarcasm is used to suggest the opposite of what is stated. Not to suggest a more extreme version of the actual position one holds.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hayden. Now pardon me while I watch the game.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Tuberville reported him for the death threat. Im sure nothing will happen. Hayden is a member of the tribe

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I'm sure these tuberville supporters who want former military hero arrested for threatening tuberville also want trump arrested for threatening former military hero milley. Right?

VooDooPope, ROCKSS, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Among many other people, I'm sure @StupidMoniker would agree. If Hayden is guilty of anything, Trump is x100 based on his many years of threats and careless statements.

But for the record: "Removing from the human race" sounds more like a demotion than a death threat. Tuberville seems to have less intelligence than many mammals, so maybe we could classify him as some sort of lizard.

9. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

I think nature and evolution already took care of that @B-Bob....

Why not just call Tuberville a snake?;)

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  10. StupidMoniker

As I said before, I don't want anything to happen to Hayden for what he said, I think people should be free to say what they want absent very limited exceptions (fraud, direct and unequivocal threats, the classic false yell of fire in a crowded space, etc.). I don't agree that "Remove from the human race" was something other than suggesting that it would be good if Tuberville was killed. Trump certainly suggested that people should be killed (saying someone is a traitor is calling for the death penalty against them). That is also free speech IMO.

11. NewRoxFan

While I hope he is OK, looking at that fall and where he hit I'd recommend they perform a brain scan...

12. NewRoxFan

Apparently, tuberville made comments about President Biden's falls... hence the karma comment.

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Picking side in this war is hard for Tuberville.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. Beezy

Beezy Member

Now with soundtrack

15. NewRoxFan

16. NewRoxFan

17. NewRoxFan

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Can the Senate just vote for multiple people for positions at one time? I don't see why not but I'm not a constitutional scholar either.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice of Sean Davis to give his uninformed opinion on the Healthcare of women in our military.

mdrowe00 likes this.