1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Concerts have you attended this year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by white lightning, Jun 1, 2022.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Not sure any fans here, but I managed pit tickets for Avenged Sevenfold on Friday at face value.

I can/can't believe the price gouging in Houston/Dallas for those. Pretty much exact opposite of what I am used to.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Congrats! I like the band but not enough to see them at Cynthia Woods at the resale prices. Surprised that they are touring that sized venue. 713 seems more appropriate (and it’s so much better)

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Forgot to post- saw Static-X and Sevendust (and Dope) Friday. It was a really good show.

I liked these shirts:

upload_2023-10-9_19-18-55.jpeg

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

You saw Static-X and Sevendust on Dope, Friday?

Awesome!

5. Xerobull

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, you're absolutely right on both. Like the prices I was seeing for floor tickets were $350+. In Austin with parking/tax/fees included ~$150... I'm not paying 2x+ face value, and when I goto shows I prefer to get a decent spot/good seats etc., 713 venue would make more sense, I'd prefer that I'm just glad weather let up some finally.

If you haven't heard their last 2 albums definitely worth checking out, but very different.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man that's awesome, I haven't seen sevendust in years but really liked them when I did. How was static-x with their new singer? That's pretty good lineup with Dope performing too, they had a few decent singles.

8. Xerobull

The new singer, ‘Xero’ was really good. You could tell a slight difference in a few songs but for the most part it was spot on. They put on a great show.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very cool, I'll need to check them out.

10. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Saw Royksopp 2 weeks ago. Sounded great. Was expecting a chill trance-y set since their most popular songs are all like that. Nope. All bangers. A lot of drum and bass and UK garage (which I love). Thursday night show with a crowd that looked mostly 30 and up, so things were pretty tame.

Going to see Zhu this Friday. Should be fun.

Mr. Brightside, mikol13 and Xerobull like this.
  11. Xerobull

Wow, that's great! I love Royksopp. Checked their tour and the US locations were really limited.

12. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Yeah, idk how Salt Lake City got a show but not a single stop in the south. Def see them if you get a chance. Especially at an outdoor festival.

13. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Saw Zac Brown Band Saturday. Great show, but lawn was oversold, fans were wasted and the lawn was muddy so I was blessed to see so many fun things around me:

1) Numerous fights over stupid nonsense
    2) A dude slip and break his leg
    3) College kid passed out wrapped up in tarp like a burrito
    4) Tons of coeds in white boots, tight jean shorts, white tops, and cowboy hats.....covered in mud

One of the above was more appealing than the other three.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

hell yeah leg breaks let's go

15. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

So far this year.....

New Order
    M83
    Duran Duran
    Joji
    Depeche Mode

#295 cwebbster, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    tinman, CCity Zero and mikol13 like this.
  16. Bono

Bono Contributing Member

U2:UV at the Sphere in Las Vegas was cool.

17. Xerobull

Going to this over the weekend in Austin. If any of you folks are going, DM me and I'll buy you a drink. I also have ball and taint chafing protection if you need to borrow it and don't mind seconds.

[​IMG]

18. Xerobull

This show was absolute fire. Alison Wonderland is insanely talented and is quickly becoming a superstar who you’ll probably start seeing in mainstream media soon. Crowd was great and I met a lot of amazing people. We also went to the pre party Friday night and the after party Saturday night, both at Kingdom in Austin which is a great EDM venue.

We went really hard Saturday from 2pm to 6am and my wife was super sick so made the call to skip day two and just come home. The cold front hit around 6pm in Austin and I think it was pretty nasty.

Really fun, the only downside was the lack of cell signal and the impossible rideshare after the show- I ended up just walking up to a guy in his car at a stop sign and talking him in to taking us back to 6th street.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Dang, I grew up listening to so much Rokysopp. Never seen them live, Was this show in Europe?

I saw Postal Service/Death Cab show recently. It was pretty great. They just played Give Up and Transatlanticsm records all the way through as it was the 20th year anniversary for both albums. Didn't realize there were so many fans of Ben Gibbard.

peleincubus likes this.