1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green vs Ant Edwards - who will be the better combo/sg when all is said and done

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Aug 22, 2023.

?

combo/sg of the future

1. Jalen Green

42 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. Anthony Edwards

114 vote(s)
    71.7%
  3. others

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It was probably ant since green was stuck with kpj who was legit hindering his whole team with his subpar pg abilities and greens development. With kpj gone and a new hc, green can still surpass ant, anything can happen now.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It did look sth out of a Special effects movie......lol.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lateral agility lacks compared to Green. That's a lot of moves to do a fadeaway vs a much slower footed larger player.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I always said it will take 3 seasons to know what we have in Jalen. But if his comp ends up being Edwards, Stone will deserve huge credit. Of course I’m rooting for a huge year, but I don’t think serious comparisons are appropriate until after this season.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Look those are different type of players.

Antman is likely to become a stronger Bradley Beal with some moves that reminds me of a big and not just a regular wing player.

Very fluid but also strong like a Lebron. Some moves reminded me of Jordan......

Jalen will be some kind of Jamal Crawford, Kyrie lite, Fox kind of a player.

You cannot go wrong....just different.

Both will become tertiary playmakers, decent ones but not good or great ones.

NewAge and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If all green ends up being is Jamal Crawford that isn't great return for a number 2 pick.

I am hoping for a much higher end result from him.

DD

fattz likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Edwards is like a whole size bigger than Green, he can get away with a lot more raw bulldoze into the lane moves than Green. Greens needs to finesse/out quick the defense into the lane.

NewAge likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

At this point I'd be contempt if he is a Jamal Crawford level player. I really am not impressed with the class of 2021. I'm just glad we got Amen Thompson to make up for it.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I think Ant is just better from a frame/size standpoint. Athleticism is basically a tie… so Ant should be better but I’m not comfortable saying that because Ant just has a bad feel for the game.

11. fchowd0311

Jamal Crawford's first 20 plus ot season was when he was 27 and it was less efficient than Green doing it at age 29. Be reasonable.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ant is more well liked in the league by not only his peers but also ex players.

Jalen Green got caught on that homo vid and NBA players hate LGBT people no matter how much the NBA tries to pretend they don't.

If it's all said and done, then there's no doubt Ant will have more individual accolades than Green because those awards are a popularity contest.

NewAge likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Have u forgotten franchise player Sengun came from this class also?

14. Ancient Moabite

Ant may be liked by those you mention more, but if you don't overstand that the alphabet gang has cornered the market in all facets of entertainment you clearly have been hibernating under a rock the past decade plus

Its a reason why some say the G mafia cuts the checks in Hollywood (entertainment)

Those who have recently (or in past) come out openly from NBA to NFL to WNBA etc are usually the front/decoy to cover up for the rest who choose to stay on the DL, not my cup of tea, but it is what it be

If Jalen is who you think he is, then he will definitely be more favored by that club who cuts the check

15. fchowd0311

Huh

cmlmel77 likes this.
  16. Outlier

Outlier Member

another conspiracy nut exposes himself

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

ANT does have a great personality, bright kid with a sense of humor. Green is a weirdo...
    That matters for likeability somewhat. We've had a couple of weirdo franchise players - Harden and T-Mac- and we loved them because they got us Ws, but they were not very well-liked league-wise.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both are not striking me as very finesse ....like Doncic or those Euro stars. Green looks better just because he has to find ways around his frame.

19. fchowd0311

Ant is a weirdo. Didn't he drive up by a group of gay dudes and record them and say "what has the world come to". Seems like a *******.

That single thing he did is 100x worse than ANYTHING green has done in his life.

20. fchowd0311

Whe. You mean feam and size I'm assuming you mean build and mass right? Not length? Obviously Abt has a lot more muscle on him.

Length wise, Green seems to be taller and by a bit also.