1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Castlevania: Nocturne

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmoneybangbang, Jul 27, 2023.

1. dmoneybangbang

Obligatory:

[​IMG]

I really thought the first animated series was like top ten best animated series. Can't wait for this one.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

they chopped his brain in half...

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

When Netflix was gud...

But seriously, a lot of their animated shows are as good as advertised.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Basically a must watch.

The first series was an amazing.

And a bonus for any metal heads out there who played Simons Quest on Nintendo:

5. dmoneybangbang

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Dang I'm so hype after that trailer.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

Warren Ellis isn't writing this one like he did the first series. We'll have to see if it's still as good.

8. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Looks good, they've been solid as a series, will check it out.

Also found out Netflix has DROP1 which lets you screen Castlevania Nocturne early along with other anime.

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/drop01

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

So any of ya'll checked this out yet? It's missing the main writer and main producer from the original series, so I'm interested in how it shakes out without it's main cooks.

10. dmoneybangbang

I thought it was pretty good for a first season that was setting up the rest of this series..... Really didn't like the main character's voice, but that might be my biggest complaint. Blasted through the season in 2 nights.

I checked Rotten Tomatoes and the Critics review is 100% and Audience review is 50%..... seems like the anti woke brigade got their closeted gay teeth into this one....... Gay vampire..... Black characters..... Slavery..... Classism.... Anti religion.....

I think it's a pretty good start, but I wouldn't say it lives up to the first series yet.

Teh gayz vampire villain, Olrox, was actually a pretty interesting villain. The main villain was a bit meh though.

OkayAyeReloaded and Entropy like this.
  11. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Finished over a few nights. It's only 1 season but so far, it isn't as good as the original, which was amazing. That being said, Nocturne is very good and there's lots of interesting characters/potential story lines for later seasons, which could move it into the amazing category.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Haven't watched it yet, but to be fair, season 1 of OG Castlevania was not very good.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was ok.
    I like the other seasons more

was this a prequel or was this a different belmont?

Rocket River

Entropy likes this.
  14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I'm enjoying it so far. Personally I think the art and story are as good or better than previous seasons.

Entropy likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I will be indulging

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Descendent Belmont

Rocket River likes this.
  17. MystikArkitect

Oh man they butchered this show. Had to stop at episode 3 when I realized I'm being woke pandered. Was looking forward to this because of how amazing the last one was and they blew it to bits in 3 episodes.

Entropy likes this.
  18. Duncan McDonuts

Eh, after 3 episodes, it's been pretty meh so far. The main protagonists are very flat with no personality. The voice acting isn't great, either. It sounds like they're focusing more on the accent than the emotion. There's no depth or volume when they should be dynamics.

Episode 3's backstory was very uninteresting, too. I don't care if they want to introduce "woke" themes, but just tell an interesting story. I heard the latter half is much better. I haven't really felt any hook yet.

Rocket River and Entropy like this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I haven't watched the original series or this yet but will check it out eventually! I'm a huge Castlevania fan (if it wasn't already obvious from avatar) and replay the original NES one every few years. I only missed a small handful of titles released in the entire series.

I still use the original one as a gauge to test reflex/memory etc and fortunately I still have it after all these years. It's definitely not the hardest title I beat back in the day but it's not a slouch either.

20. Duncan McDonuts

I'm gonna give this a 6/10, saved only by the season's cliffhanger. The main characters are very bland like I mentioned before. The voice acting was good in the last episode but the others suffered from the same emotionless acting.

I do not like Edouard's opera singing. It's very ear curdling.

The animation wasn't that good. The fight scenes felt jerky and "low FPS" like they wanted to emphasize certain stills to give some actions more weight, but I don't think it felt fluid at all. The OG series had better animation.

There's definitely potential but season 2 needs a significant improvement to be on par with the original. While I acknowledged season 1 of OG was not that good, it had more charming characters, better voice acting, and a more interesting story.