1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I do not care about Taylor Swift dating adventures

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Sep 26, 2023.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I hope she doesn't have the "Kardashian" effect on Kelce.......he`s on my fantasy team :D This is like Super Bowl or bust, if it ends badly (as I think it will) at least he will have a breakup song to call his own. Tswift is kind of like Jennifer Anniston, crazy beautiful but can never stay in a relationship and you have to ask yourself why

[​IMG]

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

This really amped up after Taylor Swift encouraged people to register to vote on instagram a few weeks ago. This led to 38,000 people registering to vote in a single 24 hour period on vote.org - which is about a months worth of registrations. High voter turnout doesn't sit will with the "anti-woke" crowd, so for them to go after Taylor Swift is right on par.

Blatz, ROCKSS and VooDooPope like this.
  3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I remember this being a pretty big deal at the time. Mad respect to her for doing this.

B-Bob, TimDuncanDonaut and ROCKSS like this.
  4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should be a playable character.

[​IMG]

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Who cares what a redneck and a Satan worshiper does on their downtime

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Middle aged white southern snark.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ottomaton likes this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

:)

11. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Most of her relationships have been pretty short, but she did just get out of a 6-year relationship. And another went for over a year.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I hear ya, but the truth is millions do. These are generations that grew up watching Reality TV. I never got it back when it all started, and could still care less, but people love that stuff. Thank the Kardashians, the Housewives, the Bachelor, and all the other shows that people watched all over the world. Social media is like a network of gossipping housewives in it's own right.
    I can't even count how many times I've seen guys on here talking about who "other" sports stars were dating. Pot. Kettle. Black. Look how many pages this has. LOL. The NFL markets are eating it up just like Taylor is, with all the attention and publicity. It's nauseating to me, but that's the way media is these days.

As for the songwriting, music, social media influencing, and stardom, it's a media and publicity phenomenon that worked for her. Big time! I'm definitely in the minority, but don't see the appeal at all. I don't care for her voice or her music, so I never listen to her stuff, but I'm a very small minority there. It's not like she made all that money off her looks, like many other women. I do get the vibe that she thinks she's hot though.

She found a way to market her songs that worked, that's for sure. I'll never get the appeal, but I can say that about a few other super stars too, and it won't matter. That's the beauty about music. There are gifted musicians and songwriters who can appeal to anyone. I'd rather listen to one of those unknowns with a voice and music style I like at a hole in the wall pub than step one foot into a Taylor Swift concert. I guess I'm the oddball, but that's just me.

#172 deb4rockets, Oct 6, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
    Ubiquitin and ElPigto like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dope

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We understand that on Fandango, Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour tickets outsold Beyonce 7-to-1 on day one. Top three chains stateside are AMC, Regal and Cinemark.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/beyonce-renaissance-concert-film-presales-box-office-1235562887/

Sunday night's matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets, which Swift attended, drew 27 million viewers — making it the most-watched Sunday TV show since the last Super Bowl, according to NBC Sports.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tayl...-extends-far-beyond-the-league-180303062.html

Right now she is the biggest pop star in the world

16. TimDuncanDonaut

Thing to note: both Beyonce and Taylor's concert films are sold directly to the theatre chains. There's no middle studios like a Paramount (Bieber 2011) or Disney (Miley 2008).

So if the movies do well, the producers, in this case Taylor and Beyonce are getting the percentage point.

Taylor's concert films currently grossed 100mil from pre-sales. 50 mil goes to the theatre, 50mil comes back to Taylor's team. The concert run while expensive to build and produce made the money back already on concert tickets. Filming and editing has costs, but not nearly as much as say.... making a mid budget horror flick from scratch. The concert crew, venue booking are already paid, so that should come out of the film budget.

#176 TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 7, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pop is really not that relevant with all the other genres catching up.

Manchester United was the financial giant for many years before Manchester City came along.

It still does not make it the biggest soccer club or most successful.......

Financial relevance vs skills techniques vs Most sold albums vs Most Heard on Radio and Broadcast stations.....

She is a mascot of the industry ... people go and see her and forgot what she was singing most of the time.

#177 daywalker02, Oct 7, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

wut