1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Heavy investment in Kevin Porter Jr raises serious questions about Rockets front office

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 20, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Basically 2-3 Questions.

He did not sleep.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no witch hunt really, the GM position is generically just the position of focus.

He is incompetent mainly dealing with media and dealing with serious matters like this.

His interviews are generally cringe worthy, that dude is just a weird human being for some reason.

For some reason, he thinks being an accomplished lawyer will carry over to the GM position......entitled.

He will slip up again, it is just a matter of time.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, if he isn’t going to engage discussion around a DV situation, then I hope the media spends the rest of the year (or two) asking him questions around how much the culture has changed for the better. :D

4. PatBev

PatBev Member

Y’all want Stone to be held responsible for KPJ being a dumbass and doing something off the wall and atrocious

Without Stone this organization would be stuck in purgatory hell with Jarret Allen. Dude just ran a masterclass in tanking and gathering talent. Was such a terrible GM the best coach in FA jumped to us like a dog in heat

Boo hoo he went on a limb for a young talent player that didn’t work out. Stop crying about it already like damn

Morant and his boys be intimidating high school girls at volleyball games and beating up kids but y’all would take him in a heartbeat. Just like this board jumped on Udokas dick after his messy situation embarrassing his whole franchise. What’s worse, KPJ leaving at half time or Udoka jeopardizing an organizations entire season to get his dick wet?

Yes KPJ hit his girl but that doesn’t mean he should be responsible. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect rebuild

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stone was objectively ranked as 18-19th Place as Executive in an article.

While it is not rock bottom, it sure is not the guy you described.

Dealing with the aftermath of KPJ it only worsens his standings.

Lol @ suddenly finding the heart to support Stone after what just happened.....that is rich!

https://pr.nba.com/wp-content/uploa...xecutive-of-the-Year-Award-Voting-Results.pdf

#325 daywalker02, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  6. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’ve been supporting Stone. Seeing Minny on this list disqualifies that list after the dropped 5 1st on Rudy lol

I would literally want to kill myself if we went the LeVert and Allen route. Stone convinced a fresh new owner to tank and rebuild the proper way.

As he said in the media yesterday “we had a very short window” aka we had 2.5 years to tank our ass off as hard as possible and that’s what we did. As soon as we closed the door on the rebuild we signed Udoka, FVV, drafted Amen, and sent KPJ to the bench over Dillon Brooks

This whole thing was by design and give rockets a A+. KPJ shooting and playmaking would’ve been the icing on the cake but he decided to ruin his career and was immediately removed from the team.

But for some reason we need to fire Stone according to this board

fattz, Verbal Christ and DaDakota like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seeing from your join date, you might have been a lurker for a longer time.

GMs stay longer than players but they are merely stop gaps.

I do not give a foq about this guy, dude is semi retired to me.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, in the end Stone has done a pretty good job from a top down view (ignoring the over belief in KPJ)- and the team is right where he wanted it.....now he will be judged on the results.

He took too active a role with Silas, but I would bet he learned his lesson and will be in the background for Ime.

DD

#328 DaDakota, Oct 3, 2023
    Hemingway likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He shouted to the media that Houston had the largest cap space to sign some major players.....implying stars.....I am not sure he did that.

Should have been more humble I guess.

I guess Udoka is the consolation prize for not signing a superstar.

Which is why I hate him, not because he is an average GM at best, because he is such show boater at times and then when he is asked questions he back pedals and shuts down like a clam.

Really just a frustrating guy overall.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree. So many people have been waiting to pounce on this guy, because they could not accept tanking. Was every move perfect? No. Are we positioned to become a perennial contender? Yes. His worth has a GM will be determined starting this year. If there are no major injuries and we don’t win at least 35 this year, it would be justified to let him go. We still have significant draft capital and a ton of cap flexibility. I’d say that is pretty good performance from nothing to the position we are in after a 2.5 year re-build.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Udoka was a disgraced coach teams were wary about. I'm not sure if Stone could have signed him without that circumstance.

I am also not as giddy as some people here thinking Udoka is the savior god. He made a good decision not wanting Harden. He also made a questionable one wanting Brooks. (Jury is still out on that one.) And his track record of being a head coach is still limited, too small a sample size to make too much prediction.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The emphasis was still on Stone being a frustrating individual but carry on.

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’ve been here about a decade. Use to have a Parsons type name until I got rid of my old email.

Calling Stone unhumble is ridiculous when Morey was before him. Ain’t nobody talked more **** in the off season about all the talent he would bring in.

Stone did what needed to be done to set up this franchise for the future and has had y’all b****ing the whole way through. Go trade Green, Sengun, Amen, Jabari, Tari, and Whitemore for Allen and LeVert because that’s what every other GM most likely would’ve done

Stone had the balls to tell John Wall to take his ass home for two years to set this franchise up for a dynasty and literally all y’all do is complain about the front office

cheke64 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude, I am not here to agree with you. Just get back to business. Our stances are too wide apart for that.

15. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol I wasn’t directing that towards you. That was for everybody saying fire Stone

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, if you know any disciplinary methods that does not involve sacking someone shoot away.....sending him to the Gulag would be fine.

People thinking firing someone is bad....it is a fresh start.

Especially if you are rich.

Instantly I said demote him, I did not resort to firing, I said: Let Witus or someone younger (he is 51 I believe) take over and use youthful ideas.

I believe Brad Stevens was made into a GM.

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

Discipline Stone for what exactly?

What “youthful ideas” would Witus have done if Harden demanded a trade and started cause problems? Take back mediocre players so we can be the New York knicks for 20 years? What youthful ideas would’ve been better then a flat out hard tank?

I just need someone to explain to me what better options we had on the table compared to the roster we have now. If somebody can do that then sure demote Stone

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is fruitless. You shall evaluate him in 2030 as he suggested. Bye.

And you were the one actually suggesting Kevin Porter might not even have punched her, and that the girl hit him first...........

#338 daywalker02, Oct 3, 2023
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol don’t try to end a discussion and then leave a little spoiler note like a b*tch trying to suggest I’ve been supporting KPJ since his arrest

I don’t think I ever said he NEVER hit her. And yes she might have hit him first. Her own sister was arrested for knocking her husbands tooth out so it does happen. I said from day one I can’t rock with a dude who hits women

But like most people consumed by emotion with no logic in their argument you try to attack my character and run away. Because it turns out you have no argument against Stone other then crying KPJ

20. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

Can we please unpin this thread? It's a distraction, it doesn't deserve to be the first thing any of us sees when coming here, and it doesn't honor the hard work the other players are putting in that should be the headline instead.