1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Mccarthy kicked out as Speaker of house as congress becomes paralyzed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 3, 2023.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

For congress period. Can't talk trash when you have the oldest president in history and going to be the nominee again, a 90 year old that just died in office, Pelosi still floating around and a majority leader in his 70s.

mdrowe00 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ths. I admit the MAGAts never criticized trump but the dems aren’t that much better

Different sides. Same coin.

**** this dichotomy they suck the low IQ in(like many posters here)

#62 LosPollosHermanos, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I wonder how gaytz feels about dating WOC

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Too old

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I really don't follow politics that much. This lady in my office who I actually like even though she gives it a "damn liberals" here and there said they've ousted McCarthy.

I actually said "how he's the only Beatles member that's still alive". The generator was on give me a break....

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

You can't talk a lot of trash when you look at the absolute shitbag human beings that the GOP are running out there.

It really doesn't take much to pick a side.

But I want younger people, just show me some normal ones.

fchowd0311, ROCKSS, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

Honestly don't know if this source is in any way reliable so take it for what it's worth...

But if true it would be the ultimate self own for Democrats to essentially clear the way for Trump to become SOTH.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He tried to - reached out to the Dems but the Dems weren't having it.

While I don't blame the dems as he has been pretty partisan and allowed an impeachment inquiry to go forward that has no merit, I am not sure this will work out for the Dems.

The Devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Respectfully, Trump trying to wrangle votes and manage the big egos of others would be ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. I mean, obviously I'm not a fan and I don't have a high opinion of the guy, and I appreciate you seem to think otherwise, but I think we can all generally agree on where his strengths and weaknesses lie, and I would hope even his strongest supporters would not try to claim that managing big personalities, achieving compromise among factions, changing minds, and taking his own ego out of the equation would qualify as Trump strengths.

I genuinely don't think it would help him in his quest to return to the Presidency, and I think he would hate every minute of it, having to listen to people he thinks are beneath him, having to pretend to care about all the stuff he doesn't care about. I also think he would be terrible at it because he wouldn't be able to stand it. He hated how much he had to listen to others as the President. Basically the job as speaker is - 100%, all of the time - all of the secondary, extremely limited aspects of the job of President that he complained about endlessly.

Andre0087, DonnyMost, ROCKSS and 5 others like this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah the man who refused to read security briefings probably won’t love the job of Speaker of the House. Comes with way less perks than the job he already got kicked out of. That doesn’t feel like something Don would be interested in

Andre0087, ROCKSS, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wow, imagine him trying to fumble his way through congressional procedures and rules. A bull in a china shop wouldn't do justice. It would be both hilarious and sad. But this isn't happening. House Republicans aren't stupid.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Okay Kyrie.

astros123 likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't know for sure. If that were to happen it would be preferred by the democrats. It would likely result in majority in the senate and house and a 2 term Biden. Trump is rotten the more you put him out there the more it will sour anyone with a brain and that can stomach voting for a 2 term corpse (mr biden) in office.

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Actually i'm hoping for that.....

McCarthy would still be the speaker today if he had only decided to negotiate with the democrats... If you take the so called moderates on both sides they out number the Far Left and the Far Right...

It truly makes no sense for these individuals to keep acting like a bunch of children... Half of these politicians on both sides have no agenda, no purpose, no nothing... They only have the position for their own behalf and not for the people they represent.

T_Man

mdrowe00 and astros123 like this.
  17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

That’s the party that wants to govern from the White House. Lol they can’t even get behind your own speaker for crying out loud. That should be the start of every add on tv for the democrats.

astros123 likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why? Explain to me why it’s a self own? The Republican Party has the majority. They could nominate Mickey Mouse if they wanted to. This isn’t a Democrat problem.

You MAGA guys just don’t really quite comprehend how much of a fantasy world you live in where every single thing that happens is because of the evil democrats and not your own crap in your bed that you shat out.

If ALL of the Republicans vote for Trump next week they’ll be shooting themselves in the foot politically for the next two cycles. Trump does not have the time or interest in running the House. He’s due in court how many days in the next 12 months?

This is all just a big fantasy and you know it:

A. Trump thinks maybe the courts will delay his cases if he’s speaker (they won’t)
    B. Trump and his cult think if he’s third in line maybe someone will take Biden and Kamala out and all our problems go away overnight! One nation under MAGA.

And yes… we all know that’s why MAGA nuts love the idea of him as speaker. Your cult obviously has a recent history of being violent and blood thirsty. Calling for executions of the joint chiefs… yeah… don’t even sit here for two seconds and try to act all outraged. We aren’t stupid.

Andre0087, ROCKSS, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  19. astros123

astros123 Member

Yet the democrats used their age and experience to pass historic legislation with the same majority that mccarthy had. I love folks use the "Biden is old line" as its somehow a bad thing? The entire democratic caucus is in array and respect Biden.

It's the republican caucus that's a **** show

Andre0087, ROCKSS and dobro1229 like this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My guess is they end up voting for Steve Scalise who will just cater to the far right till next November and we’ll have an extended shut down in 45 days.

The “problem solvers” could come together and work out some power sharing agreement with an independent speaker but that’s an incredibly slim chance because the power of the House by the GOP is too intoxicating to give up. They’ll threaten to kick out of the party and threaten the livelihoods of any problem solvers on the right that float the idea even though it’s a good one and would be best for the country.

My money is on Steve Scalise and he’ll run the house the exact same as Kevin. But Geatz and co will have even more power this time and the house will look more and more extreme. That’s why you see R’s trying to blame Democrats tonight. They sobered up to the reality that tomorrow they have to wake up and kiss Geatz’s a$$ once again since they need his vote to put a new speaker in power.

ROCKSS likes this.