1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bauer is a monster

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Yordan The Great, Dec 24, 2022.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

How do we know the wounds are not self inflicted after seeing those texts? Maybe she did have rough sex with him to set him up, but then went home and made it look a lot worse to extort money from Bauer?

[​IMG]

2. Nook

Nook Member

Which Judge? The Civil Court Judge or the Criminal/Family Law Judge?

The Civil Court Judge ruled in favor of the victim and denied Bauer's motion to dismiss the counterclaim against him.

The Judge in the Civil Court also said that the earlier denial of a restraining order for the victim was not for the reasons cited by Bauer, but because there was insufficient evidence that Bauer and the victim would be in contact with each other in the future so there was no reason for a restraining order. Also, the Judge said that the earlier Judge did not determine whether Bauer had or had not raped or abused the victim, because that wasn't her job. Accordingly, the position held by Bauer and his representatives that the earlier court had determined that Bauer did not sexually assault her is FALSE.

So please tell me which Judge you are talking about - because neither Judge ruled the way you seem to think they did, and the way Trevor Bauer has decided to portray it to the general public.

Here is an actual quote from the Civil Court Judge:

“Notwithstanding [the woman’s] consent to some form of rough sex,” Judge Selna wrote, “Bauer engaged in acts while [she] was unconscious, when she was physically and legally unable to give consent.”

The Judge went on to point out that the Criminal/Family Law Judge described the injuries to the victim as "terrible" and "the woman was examined in a hospital later that day, where she was diagnosed with acute head injury and assault by manual strangulation.”

I would also point out that this woman, isn't the only woman to make claims of abuse and rape against Bauer. There are others.

Also - keep in mind that the victim did NOT sue Bauer, he sued her first for defamation and then she counter sued him for abuse. Bauer tried to get her counter claim dismissed but the Judge ruled against him.

Also - the case wasn't dismissed by the Judge, it was dismissed by the parties. The wording of Bauer's lawyer is interesting, he said that Bauer personally did not pay the victim - that leaves a lot of leeway. We already know the victim has gotten at least $300,000 from this and she has paid Bauer nothing.

This is classic spin control by Bauer - and apparently it is working on some people, but I don't think it is going to work on most people.

Bauer cannot get around the fact that he beat the victim, choked her until she was unconscious and then raped and mutilated her genitals.

He is a monster.

3. Nook

Nook Member

How do we know? The nurse, that treated the victim (an independent witness) testified that the type of injuries that the victim had were not self inflicted. If Bauer could find a credible doctor to testify that the wounds were self-inflicted, he certainly would have....... likewise, his video from a PRIOR sexual encounter with Bauer doesn't have any legal relevance concerning the sexual encounter at issue.

Legally she can set him up - she can let him beat her with the intent of blaming him - but once he choked her out and had sex with her and mutilated her genitalia, he committed rape.

I don't want to hear anything about men needing to be careful either - if a man wants to punch a woman, give her a head fracture, choke her out and then have sex with her limp body and mutilate her - he has serious psychological problems.

4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

So do you think those texts to her friend, etc. talking about how she would get him to choke her, she would give her friend $50K after she secured the bag, etc. and the story about her telling her AA sponsor she was trying to take his money aren’t legit?

He’s a sexual deviant and a generally disliked person, as stated by many of his former teammates, so I’m not going to sit here and defend the guy…

BUT if those are actually true and she premeditated a scheme to essentially try to profit off him by crying foul after asking for it, then she’s a monster too.

DaDakota, RKREBORN and Houstunna like this.
  5. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I think.... two scumbags converged and messed up both of their lives.

RKREBORN, IBTL, Wulaw Horn and 4 others like this.
  6. Radricky

Radricky Member

It's unfortunately working on the majority of people.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

How do we know that she didn't get another man to hit her afterwards if she was after money?

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

So much of it.

The question boils down to this:

Do you think having sex with an unconscious person can be consensual?
    Do you think it is ok to beat a woman because she asked for it?

If you think those answers are yes, then you might want to readjust your personal ethics, but Bauer is going to be innocent of any wrongdoing.

If you think those answers are no, then Bauer is pretty guilty based on the text messages, testimony, and videos provided to the court.

Nook and dookiester like this.
  9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I generally do believe Bauer in that she tried to set him up. If Bauer simply had consensual sex with her and she was saying it wasn't, I'd understand treating Bauer as a victim. Instead, he was admittedly physically violent with her. Whether she asked for it or not, it is quite concerning.

Htown Stros, Nook and sealclubber1016 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

I don't doubt that.

RKREBORN and Htown Stros like this.
  11. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

They were perfect for each other!

robbie380 and Houstunna like this.
  12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Similar to my thoughts as well.

If everything he says is true, I think he would have been better served to take some level of responsibility for his part in it while exposing her as a fraud. Instead, he does this “woe is me” act and his narcissism/arrogance once again shines through IMO

13. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Some guys go out of their way to defend domestic abusers. Especially the ones that are rich and famous. I don't understand it but it's definitely a phenomenon.

Trevor Bauer is, and always has been, a POS.

Invisible Fan, IBTL and Nook like this.
  14. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

I am sorry to see this thread return. I do not know what the facts are in this case and neither do any of you. There is no reason to believe nor to disbelieve any actor in this situation and to declare certitude just makes you an ass. This will be sorted out eventually if not here then by God, who I am happy to leave this with while I watch the Astros and enjoy the company of friends who do the same.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

Nah - what he did is worse and on another level.

He beat a woman, he gave her a skull fracture - he then choked her until she passed out and punched and kicked her butt and vagina and then had sex with her she she was unconscious.

He has some issues.

white_dragon and IBTL like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - that is what he claimed, and the Judge was so moved by the claim made by Bauer, that she dismissed the claim against The Athletic and Molly Knight. The Court didn't even believe he had standing to pursue this claim.

Commodore likes this.
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It’s all icky and gross to me but from a legal standpoint- can you consent to such a thing? I’ve never practiced in this kind of law and don’t recall anything on point dealing with it from a criminal law class taken 25 or so years ago. Can she say choke me out and have sex with me beforehand? With actual consent?

Houstunna likes this.
  19. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

This is just not true. Regardless of what anyone thinks about Bauer, truth should always be sought out.

The judge issued a ruling saying "The MTS is granted in part with leave to amend and denied in part. Plantiff has not adequately pled compliance with California's retraction statute, and has not adequately pled special damages. However, a reasonable factfinder could conclude that the tweets were impliedly asserting an objective fact because of the context, language, and provable nature of the tweets. MTD is denied as moot as to claim one and denied as to claim two for the same reasons as the MTS" I am no lawyer, so somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but this had nothing to do with standing as you claim. Also, at no time was the motion against Molly Knight dismissed as you claim. Also you comment that the judge "was so moved" that she dismissed is also inaccurate. It appears that it was dismissed for technical reasons. In fact she seemed to say that the actual case had merit.

This article from USA today explains it in layman's terms a little better: "In the case of The Athletic, Bauer’s complaint said the publication and Knight defamed him by “creating and spreading the false narrative that Mr. Bauer fractured the (woman’s) skull.” The woman had in fact filed a request for a temporary restraining order against Bauer in June 2021 that cited her medical symptoms, which included “signs” of a basilar skull fracture. However, that same request included a medical report that said she had no actual fracture." So your previous claim that he fractured her skull is not the truth either.

"The Athletic published an article on June 30, 2021, that noted the “signs” of the skull fracture but did not mention the report showing no actual fracture. According to Bauer, this omission defamed him.

“By deliberately omitting the CT scan results, The Athletic exhibited actual malice,” his complaint stated.

In December, the judge had granted the publication’s motion to strike Bauer’s complaint but allowed Bauer to amend his complaint and try again. Bauer did, and the judge considered arguments on whether to strike that, too. But then the lawsuit was resolved this week without the judge ruling on it."

As to Bauer's character, I do not care about him one way or another. I tend to believe that his suspension from MLB had more to do with the commissioner wanting to help the Dodgers get out out of his contract (PR you know) than it did with actual evidence. Of course, I am slightly jaded over the Dodgers aspect. Otherwise, I didn't it much thought.

As for his actions, I find some people's sexual fetishes kind of bizarre. If their actions are criminal, then the justice system should take care of it. Otherwise it is none of my business what 2 consenting adults do in their privacy.

Nook likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

First - you are correct, it wasn’t the Athletic that was dismissed, it was the other media that was dismissed and that is where the quote I used came from. I was doing several things at the same time and pulled the wrong dismissal.

Also - the Judge did dismiss the claim against the Athletic, and Bauer never refiled and the claims against the reporter and the Athletic are both gone now.

As for the claims from Bauer that he was harmed because the reporter reported the initial X-ray finding of a possible skull fracture, and not the subsequent MRI that showed swelling but not a cracked skull. He was going to have a hard time showing that injured his reputation as the allegations were that he raped and beat her and choked her until she passed out.

As for the Dodgers and the league. Yeah no, they were not trying to do the Dodgers a favor. He beat and had sex with an unconscious women and the league spoke to other women who made similar claims (I believe this part is true, I know the police and prosecutor did).

Last - you say you don’t care what consenting adults do in their sex lives. An unconscious woman cannot give consent to having her vagina and butt repeatedly beaten, battered and then to be vaginally and anally entered. So I would hope you don’t condone what Bauer did.

If you want me to dig up the verbatim quote on the other defendants, that I attributed to the Athletic - let me know.

Also at no time did she say Bauer’s claims have merit - she said that the low standard of avoiding summary judgment was met, that has nothing to do with there being merit to his claims.