1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Reggie Bullock to sign with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Dredd

Dredd Member

Cam Whitmore - Welcome to the G League.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gawd, I mean Bullock is no Jrue, Cam Whitmore is already on Bullock's level and better.

BallSoHarden and Ancient Moabite like this.
  4. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Bigs: Sengun, Landale, Boban
    Forwards: Jabari, Eason, Jeff G, Tate
    Wings: Jalen, Brooks, Whitmore, Bullock
    Guards: FVV, Amen, Holiday

Bullock definitely seems like a guy who's gonna get minutes on an Udoka team, and I like his presence/shooting, though I know he's gonna take Cam's PT.

Our ball-handling is pretty thin. Only FVV and Amen from the rotation are creators with KPJ gone. Tate and maybe Jalen can bring a little bit.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  5. Dredd

Dredd Member

Udoka is not going to mix in that many young guys. That’s why I feel some ppl here will be disappointed when you see very little playing time for Amen and Cam.

Tate will even have more of a role over Cam.

jim1961 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not disappointed per se but it just does not feel right.........

Tate probably only played 10 games last year .....I could understand using him because he has no mileage the last years.

Maybe Stone can gather the All NBA fringe player association.

The 2nd and 3rd Unit.

BTW Udoka was a borderline scrub as well. Good thing Pop believed in him.

He just had good defensive instincts and good looks. He averaged 17-18 minutes per game.

#46 daywalker02, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    Ancient Moabite likes this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like this pickup a lot more than trading picks for Brogdon. Wouldn't mind seeing him start over Brooks, to be honest, but I'm guessing he'll be the backup. Will probably mean essentially no meaningful minutes for Cam Whitmore this season, and less run for Tari, though, so that's a bummer.

xaos likes this.
  8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Buck Turgidson

that dude got sausages on his head

sealclubber1016 and daywalker02 like this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

My guess is that he gets 1 guaranteed year (possibly the Rockets full room exception), with one or more years of nonguaranteed money/team options. He will likely not be a Rocket past the trade deadline. If he is a Rocket after the trade deadline, he will likely not be a free agent next year. He is probably looked at as a guy that provides spacing, but won't be a negative as trade filler or possibly a guy that may be worth FRP swaps way in the future from teams with thin rosters.

He likely won't impact Tari Eason at all. I see him and Tate battling for minutes early. On Cam Whitmore, I doubt Bullock is some unsurmountable road block. If he can't beat Bullock, he's not ready. The Rockets need spacing to figure out what they have as decisions on Sengun and Green are coming up quickly.

#50 Joe Joe, Oct 3, 2023
    Plowman likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably just insurance.....Ime is going for the Ugly Club.....

[​IMG]

#51 daywalker02, Oct 3, 2023
    Zen Tabak likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Folks need to realize healthy competition is the way you build good habits. Especially established vets who are at least relevant and are good at something. In this case Bullock an established shooter and willing role player. He understands what he's on the floor for when he's out there but Don't assume bullock is already just thrusted into the rotation. There's a reason why he's still just been sitting out there. But he still provides a purpose on this team with a roster full of young guys. Guys like Cam/Tari need guys like this who on paper need to show you're not taking my minutes, I'm going to earn them by pushing you out. Prior to this you had years of guys who have no idea how to win at all just in competition with each other for minutes. Not anymore

Richie_Rich, joshuaao, Nook and 7 others like this.
  13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A veteran who knows how to play, on both sides of the ball, and can impart this to our youth. Can bust it from deep, and still plays pretty good D. Udoka's getting his guys to fill roles, and help instill culture in practice/games, before they get sent out.

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Good signing. Glad to have some competent veterans on the team.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@Clutch just said he will sign for league minimum

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

wow

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. J Rock

J Rock Member

We actually replaced the Honcho without any of the baggage! Love it!! We get a shooter whose willing to play his role a good perimeter defender and willing passer.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Udoka must have made quite the pitch.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Good signing if trying to win because young player mistakes lose games. Gotta think his defense and shooting is worth a few close wins especially early in the season. If Amen, Cam, etc... have it then they'll find the floor regardless. This just buys them time to not commit in game mistake that cost dubs ealry in the season.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

That is one way to put it.

Insurance that in case the Rockets don't have enough shooters.
    Insurance that a guy higher in rotation gets hurt.
    Insurance that rookies aren't ready at the start of the season for major minutes.
    Insurance that the Rockets have salaries for trades at the deadline/have someone left that can play if others are traded.

I'm skeptical the Rockets can do it this season, but they are trying to become attractive to star NBA players.