1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I do not care about Taylor Swift dating adventures

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Sep 26, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. VanityHalfBlack

I think her music sucks too. Rather listen to a Pink or a Britney Spears lol. Come at me Swiftes!

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think some of you are missing the point. When Harden was a rocket, I really enjoyed cheering for him but I couldn’t care less about who he was dating or what club he was at. Well, maybe what club he was at because often times he would play like horseshit afterwards. But you get the idea

People like Taylor, Swift, and her music, but that does not mean that we are collectively obsessing over who she dates or who she was seen with. This is a tenant of modern celebrity culture but honestly, it just feels intrusive.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I get it but I think why a lot of people are tired of it (or at least with me) is that we are feeling like she is being forced down our throats. For the record, I think I might have listened to 2 of her songs ever in Shake It Off and Bad Blood and I agree with @DonnyMost - it is bland pop at its best.

We can choose to listen to her or not and I choose not to listen but apparently there are too many people out there that likes her music and add the fact that she is an attractive woman, I guess I have to be resigned that she will be around longer than I thought. It's like the Kardashians (although I will admit that Taylor Swift has more talent in her pinky than any of the Kardashians) - people are obsessed with their celebrity and as long as that is the case, it doesn't do any of us any good to try to ignore them. They are like that housefly that just keeps buzzing around you. You ignore it for so long but eventually you want to get a fly swatter and obliterate that fly into nothingness. I keep thinking that maybe Taylor Swift will have a meltdown like Britney Spears that will derail her career. That's my hope and no one, not even @Nook, can take that away from me.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Taylor has dated ALOT of men for only being 32 years old. The rumor when she was younger is that she wouldn’t “give it up” and it seems she high maintenance and little obsessive. She is also worth alot of money. She is very strong willed now that she is older. Listen to 2 songs: “ Shake it off” and “Blank Space”. That is Taylor’s dating M.O..

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm not sure what's the point here. We all spend time on things others find weird. My wife eyerolls when she sees me spending time debating stuff about sports teams on the internet. Meanwhile she would comment on her friend's tiktok and other social media pages and would dissect social media posts from her friends on whether they may be having marital troubles or money problems and stuff. And I don't use social media at all. I mean we all waste way too much time on things we shouldn't be wasting time on... such as me writing this post on clutchfans during work time.

7. Manny Ramirez

Taylor Swift - high maintenance?? Why I would have never thought that of her....

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. VanityHalfBlack

well she sucks?

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  10. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I have a 10 year old daughter who considers herself to be a "TRUE Swiftie". I never really paid that much attention to TS or her music, but this spring my wife surprised our daughter with a couple tickets to the Era's Tour stop in Houston (we live in DFW, so it was an exciting girls-road trip), and they had the time of their lives. Since then, I've been forced to listen to NOTHING but TS when my daughter is in the car...and honestly, other than her early Country stuff, it's grown on me. I actually took my daughter to a Taylor Swift themed Candlelight Concert last week, and we had a great time. You wouldn't believe the amount of millennial women in the crowd out for a girls-night, though. Well, actually I suppose you could.

TLDR...my daughter has been forcing me to listen to Taylor Swift since April, and I don't hate it.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

She isn't my cup of tea - but I am a man in my mid 40's, so she really shouldn't be my cup of tea...

I will say this - she is a really good role model for girls because she is a strong and opinionated woman, that is successful and has made it clear that she isn't going to lose herself or identity for a man.... which is something young women need to know and see. Too many women lose themselves over men.

JeeberD likes this.
  12. VanityHalfBlack

You make it seemed like she's the only one lol. Plenty of role model for young girls to look after.

13. Manny Ramirez

I’m glad you clarified your position on this intense and life-changing subject, JeeberD.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im way more concerned about joe jonas and the stark girl.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Not really -

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

The Beatles peaked with "The Shiek of Araby".

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I am younger but I am heading there. She is okay and does look good.

Too many women lose themselves and become men. FIFY.

I do not think like that, the gold diggers in the NBA, they take the money and off they go.

19. VanityHalfBlack

what are other role models not named Taylor swift? This dude probably bought the deluxe album vinyl with the indie green color slip

20. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know what you mean by "become men". I am talking about women who believe their value and self worth is wrapped up in pleasing men or being in a relationship with men - and that simply isn't true.