1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets looking to trade KPJ....WTF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 13, 2023.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

They are reasonable young talent - I wouldn’t hold it against them that they had possibly one of the worst coaches in recent memory….I will however hold it against Stone and a Fertitta that they have largely punted on player development the last 3 years.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I lean towards agreeing with this - but I'm not privy to the conversations they've had/are having. I'm willing to be patient and see how this goes. It certainly doesn't hurt us to explore this while we wait for the NBA to complete their investigation. We can't waive him until that's complete anyway to my understanding. If they manage to put together a trade or get involved in something like the Damian Lillard trade in a three-way in a way that benefits the Rockets, then hats off to them.

Easy and Corrosion like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could at least dangle it like a carrot in front of KPJ to stay the fork away from the team.......you stay in your house or wherever and do not come close to the facilities until you are traded.

(Probably without the coarse language.) (Do not need to mention Waiving him in front of him)

4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Yet you took the time to repost by responding, and repeat it yourself, lmao. If it is too much for your pea brain to read, then just keep moving, I know reading words is difficult for you and sometimes you have to sound things out, but you really defeat the purpose of your own crying by responding.

#484 BallSoHarden, Sep 24, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
  5. Audioout

Audioout Member

I imagine we can swing something like this if we're willing to add a first and maybe second round pick to move the guy. Could use Shamet's shooting. We don't need Batum. Basically, he would be released and would look for a contender to join. Would get a second from the Clippers I imagine.

[​IMG]

Van Fleet/ Thompson
    Green/ Shamet
    Brooks/ Tate/ Whitmore
    Smith/ Eason
    Sengun/ Landale

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It sounds like you're upset about something that no one promised you. Hardly anyone in NBA history gets a 20-21 year old who's a clear franchise player. Those types appear each generation, so you'd have to tank like 10 years for that to maybe happen for you. Also, nearly 40% of top 5 picks are mediocre role players or worse.

As far as talent, we're doing great. We have 6 amazing young talents that we could potentially develop into a franchise player or two. That's a normal outcome of tanking. The alternative is building the team with FA's and mid frp's. Have we ever been able to get an FA in their franchise player prime? The best we ever did was broke back Dwight and over the hill CP3. That's a far less viable route especially when your FA pitch has Timan's face and Stone's negotiation skills.

You're far too negative about the team. Tanking may take 3 years but rebuilding into what you're asking for takes longer than 3 years. Perhaps you don't like the unknown or you want something definitive, but unfortunately that's not how it works. We're good as long as we manage our assets well, don't worry so much.

34to11 likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ok psycho

34to11 likes this.
  8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Not willing to scroll through this entire thread, but....

KPJ + 2027 BKN Pick Swap (top 8 protected) + 2024 OKC SRP to Indy for Buddy Hield

Big Time Titan likes this.
  9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think giving away picks is knee-jerk stuff!

He is a bench player on a team hoping to maybe win 35 games? Don't give up a first rounder to bring back someone to try and be 6th man of the year. Just play Amen and Whitmore

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which would mean, "Just waive KPJ." Because to trade KPJ, even if it is just his expiring contract, would involve Stone stapling a first rounder to the deal. Carrying on a Morey tradition.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sure - butbwhy not just waive him?

Might as well look for a trade. You never know - with all the big salaries teams are trying to move around, we might be able to take on salary to facilitate a deal?
    (Eg Duncan Robinson makes 3M more than KPj and maybe helps Miami pursue Lillard? LAX have a heap of bad contracts, Morey wants expirings, Harden to LAX might mean we send KPjr to PHI and take back crap).
    I don't think trading him without picks is impossible. But if nobody bites, waive him!

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be more interested in where Lillard ends up being, and where the Dominoes will fall to.

13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Says the guy with three separate quotes from another forum member as their signature, taking up a quarter of a page. If that is not stalkerish/psycho behavior then I dont know what is, talk about repetition having to see those quotes every time you post, you have issues dude.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Regarding the Buddy Hield thing, if that were to somehow happen, is he even going to be happy with moving down into a 6th man role? Because he's probably not starting if we get him.

Acquiring him (assuming the plan is to extend him) would also pretty thoroughly block Cam Whitmore from getting minutes, to the point where I'd be worried we're just wasting the kid's talent without giving him a chance. Honestly if they wanted to go after Buddy maybe they should just go ahead and offer KPJ's dead contract + Whitmore straight up. I think that's an overpay personally, and I'd probably rather just hold pat, but Cam's value will just plummet if we logjam him that hard.

#494 OremLK, Sep 27, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep, the problem with trading for a playable player is that it will take away PT from Cam and possible Tari too. The coach would be happy because it would help the team win more games. But would it be good for the team's long term success? Will Cam goes the way of Christopher, Garuba, and TyTy?

OremLK likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

K psycho.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Man, those thoughts give he major headache.

Garuba, Christopher were fringe rotational players, I wish we kept them too but it is not like I shed a tear.

Cam is one or two notches above JayGup objectively, I doubt they would screw this up.

I get that we have Ben Sullivan but he is no guarantee for everyone to shoot 40% now.

Easy likes this.
  18. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

The key is waiting for the sweetspot time slot to move KPJ. The less this case is in the public eye the easier it is to move him. Knee jerk actions likely get us little or nothing for his contract.

I haven't been a KPJ fan and felt that a lot of his stats were rather empty but at this point IMHO it's better to slow walk our actions a bit. He is definitely not a PG and *could have become a decent SG eventually. Its quite possible the case winds up being much lighter than the initial shock value portrayed. Of course the whole thing is inexcusable but the injuries are considerably less than initially reported.

Might even be worth simply suspending him and starting the season that way to let the case pan out further. His GF could go public with a much less damaging version of events for example.

Rash actions clearly do not favor the team here.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude, she could not walk on her own initially, there was a video of it.

She is an athlete herself, so for a normal human being this was heavy, for her obviously.

Safe to say the injuries are heavy, just not broken neck heavy. Considerably lighter not very much.

Just because the neck did not get fractured does not mean she did not sustain any damage to her neck.

Prayed that she has recovered a tad since then.

I also think they have to figure out if she was half asleep or resting when he attacked her because that is vicious.......very disturbing and violent.

#499 daywalker02, Sep 27, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If we were moving Whitmore I'd like to see if we can swing him and KPJs money to Portland to get Herro out of the Dame 3-team. Seems like a lot of the holdup is that they don't think Herro fits with their core and maybe they like Cam better. Herro is just 23 and averaged 20 5 and 4 the last 2 seasons and happily came off the bench. I'd maybe throw in this next year's bkn pick cause that draft looks really bad.