1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Targets for a KPJ Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jags, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I gotcha
    I know Brogdon is unhappy there. I was curious if Boston would take the picks and cap relief we could get them but I also understand it may not be worth their while

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not unhappy in Boston, he was unhappy because Boston tried to trade him away from Boston.

And the trade did happen but not including him.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My big question is this:

If there's a player out there who was available for a first round pick and salary filler why wouldn't we have found a way to trade for him before? Or at least why haven't THE FANS wanted to part with valuable picks for that player before?

(I know the answer prior was that Stone valued KPJ as something akin to a young superstar talent so we don't need to explain why STONE wouldn't have done the trade beforehand).

4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Highly doubtful any team would make that trade due to the PR hit they'd get. BUT aside from that, Hield would be a perfect replacement for him. The punk plus two 2nd rounders would be nice. He'd fit the 2nd unit much better than that fool.

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

Turns out Trevor Bauer was framed by some ho, trying to extort him… Really bad look for MLB.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Umm, there was not a reason to trade KPJ's contract before.

Edit: I'm not for trading a FRP to move KPJ's contract. With Bullock likely signing, I think Rockets are now only looking for salary matching.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. MystikArkitect

League is probably waiting for the hearing so they can void the contract at this point. It behooves everyone (including society as a whole) for the DA to press charges on KPj. There won't be a shortage of witnesses that would testify against him and the league just needs that paperwork to wrap a bow on it. No one is trading for dead salary until the trade deadline anyway and we just signed the guy that will do what he should've been doing all along.

J Rock likes this.
  9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Nets have a couple of trade exceptions that would allow them to absorb KPJ, then cut him. The price being one of their FRP coming back to them.

The Rockets could do this in the off chance they are in a playoff run and have the opportunity to add a waived player after the deadline with the $6-7M this move would open up. Not many other scenarios I can see, and I don’t think this one is all that likely, either.