1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023/24 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Jul 3, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

what an idiot

4. Raz

Raz Member

Heartbreaking for Union.

And what a shitshow in Munich. Still don't see any improvement under Tuchel. Other than that, Musiala is masterclass and Tel a scoring machine.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Bayern probably wins the group but the team that was out there today is out by the quarterfinals. THat or United is better than even I thought...and I'm a United fan. Take away what should've been an easy save and the pk (I'm not disputing it...it was clearly a handball...which is rarely that clear these days) and we win 3-2. We played like we actually have a set of balls finally. I REALLY hope they remember that on Saturday against a s*** side like Burnley and then again next Tuesday against Crystal Palace.

Man that Onana f*** up is bothering me, though. It's that exact reason why De Gea is a free agent. The simple saves that end up as goals. He made a host of other good saves. There's no excuse for that blunder, though.

But if that's the best that Bayern has, they're not the favorite many pundits are making them out to be.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Bayern played like ****. Tuchel doesn't seem to have a plan.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh no, United is not better we are average at best, our midfield is too old and we don't have any athleticism there.

Bruno is a turnover machine, Ericksen and him are essentially the same player - but Ericksen is better - no turnovers, and Casemaro is decent but not athletic....we desperately need a BOX TO BOX Midfielder with athleticism or 2....

And we gave away a generational talent in Greenwood - even though all charges were dropped.

DD

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Freund&Ulreich said there was a clear gameplan and the team didn't really follow it in several stretches, I think this is mainly a mentality issue (as Tuchel also alluded to a lot in the past months).

It's especially difficult when our midfield doesn't have the tools to slow down and control the game properly, Laimer also was pretty bad on defense yesterday.

A lot of coaches have looked mediocre/bad with that Kimmich&Goretzka core now at Bayern and the national team, I'm praying we sign a proper holding six and Wirtz.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I mean it goes both ways, Bayern had 19:9 shots (9:4 on target) and I think hit the crossbar twice.
    This game could've also easily ended 6:3.

Raz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. Raz

Raz Member

Jackpot for Nagelsmann. He wouldn't have landed a job with a major club this year anyway and if he fails, everybody knows time was the main issue and the clueless predecessor.

Would've preferred van Gaal due to his tournament experience, still a solid solution and things possibly can't get any worse.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. Raz

Raz Member

Good job involving the comment. Am a bit surprised how little de Ligt has played so far, but we now have a Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday schedule, so he'll start at least in one or two games. If not, then we have a story.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Tuchel is NOT good at keeping players happy. He is such a weirdo. There is no reason to treat De Ligt like that.

He hasn't tried De Ligt and Kim together at the back even once. Not one minute.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tuchel the Dutch player hater.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

On Yom Kippur...

19. daywalker02