1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney+] Ahsoka

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Bruh trust me, there are no spoilers.... Nothing interesting happened in Obi Wan...

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, yeah I know but that dude is still not someone I would watch for comments haha.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

You should before investing time in a series, especially Disney....

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was never a hard core stan, just watched for fun so I am not really mad.

I watch Disney for shows like Lion King, Jungle Book etc. Just a fun seeker overall.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you think something is "woke" for temporarily (plot reasons) having the female characters outnumber the male ones, you must have deep-lying issues with women in general, such a weird world view.

Again, the most important characters in Rebels were male, and the characters atm are searching for them. You also in every reply ignore that it's not just a "girl boss", she's literally just the padawan of Baylan.

Acting like the show is woke, when you haven't even watched Rebels and only a single episode of this (girl boss wah wah) without context, is hysterical.

IBTL likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They were woke for firing Cara Dune but that is another series and another story.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Awesome that you two enjoy the show together.

But I think last episode further cemented Anakin as the biggest force wielder in the galaxy, as he this time used the dark side to teach Ahsoka a lesson and now has fill control over both sides of the force, something never been done before fully in the movies and shows.

So he found perfect balance (chosen one) and also knew how to have Ahsoka grow and accept the past.

If he had wanted to, he could've very easily overwhelmed Ahsoka during their fight, this was just to teach her.

Invisible Fan, IBTL and VooDooPope like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

So the most important characters of this crew were male but not even in season 1, are you seriously trying to say its not woke? Those two really important characters will most likely take a backseat to the girl bosses. Just like Obi Wan, I mean.... They didn't even let Obi Wan be the main character of his show. You really think all of sudden Ahsoka is going to balance itself out in season 2? Look, if you like woke Disney then that's fine. I just have higher standards for content related to one of the biggest franchise of all time.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, considering the source (Salvy)... I'm not the least bit surprised he's anti-Disney or against anything progressive.

Invisible Fan and Yung-T like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Woke=White Male, Small Penis. That is the definition of Woke (as used by Republicans/Conservatives/White Males). They can’t define Woke when asked.

Yung-T, VooDooPope and IBTL like this.
  12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Lol at the cringe inducing YouTube videos from one channel dedicated to calling out WOKE content

If you haven’t seen past episode 1 and don’t understand how and where the characters got to where they are based on earlier in the season or other source material, it’s not our job to dumb it down and try to explain it.

looking forward to where the last three episodes take us, which will obviously include the return of the male characters based on simple plot and storytelling devices.

Yung-T and VooDooPope like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He cannot get through a series with mostly women in it.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

ok is there a youtube channel i can watch in lieu of watching rebels before i watch ashoka? i dunno if i can watch like 5 seasons of series before watching this, i didn't even get farther than season 3 of clone wars.

@errbody

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was worried how it would translate to live action, but it's a pretty amazing execution of Thrawn.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Greatly done.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Liked. Interested to see what the two half Jedi do. They probably should have made the search for Ezra a little more difficult to make it payoff. Seems like Thrawn coulda found him if it was that easy. Story still very good, but I wonder if they get to go back to the original galaxy or if they all remain stuck here and form a new breed of Jedi together.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you sound ridiculous. utterly ridiculous.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a whole incel ecosystem on the internet dedicated to turning every TV show popular with young men into a culture battle against "wokeness" brought to you by the same people that brought you gamergate. The same sites repeatedly show up in my google news feed over and over complaining about wokeness in any show that has enough popularity to garner clicks.

Im sure he exists in a bubble where he hears the same stuff from others over and over, so that it seems totally sane.

#160 Ottomaton, Sep 21, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.