1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney+] Ahsoka

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Apr 7, 2023.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Yes, the origin of hyperspace travel started with following the migration paths of the Force sensitive Purgil. That’s how Ezra and Thrawn were sent out into the unknown regions at the end of Star Wars Rebels and remained out there until what is being portrayed now in Ahsoka.

there was a brief reference hinting to their role in the current era in Mandalorian Season 3 when Grogu saw the outline of one of the creatures in the hyperspace lane.

and the other heavily referenced feature is the World Between Worlds which allows access from areas with strong connections to the Force- Jedi/Sith temples, this Stonehenge feature in Ahsoka, etc.

it’s as close to “Time Travel” in Star Wars without calling it that. It’s more like a portal across space and time. In my prediction, they will somehow tie in the idea of Force Ghosts to this world. All of those former Jedis who come back probably do so by tapping into this portal. That’s just my theory.

best episode so far by far

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Appreciate the clarification on that, clears up a lot for me since I haven't seen the animated stuff....

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Im surprised Hera would leave her child alone with Chopper. Someone should call Space CPS.

Also, is Zeb going to be in the show? I figured he would be after that cameo in The Mandelorian. Given this is basically live action Rebels, his absence is very noticable.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As a person who watched all of the animated content, I'm loving this series right now.

But to people not familiar with rebels, last episode probably does feel like a bunch of plot convenient ass pulls.

Yung-T and GRENDEL like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Liked it. Hayden was even better than expected and was the star. The world between worlds was interesting. The little Jedi I can support. The whales are plausible. Not sure how everyone can seemingly use the force now, but not a total kill.

Thought some of Annakin's lesson was clear, like being a warrior instead of a peace-keeper when needed, and not always fighting to your death aka Luke Skywalker, but still cloudy why this allowed her to survive being killed. She was killed. But I did like how her mood changed after coming back. That felt real. And inspired. Solid acting in the episode across the board.

#125 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    Yung-T likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw all the cartoons
    And I still don't like Space whales.
    I dont like super force sensative kids
    (So powerful he made his mom force sensative)
    I dont like that the force can basically do anything about now

I am enjoying it for what it is
    But....still suspending alot of disbelief.

Rocket River

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

So far so good. Watched the first 5 episodes with my son who was visiting and he's watched all the animated stuff so he was helping with some of these people and events I've never encountered. "The student has surpassed the master" I was told as he explained away.

mikol13 and Yung-T like this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I actually teared up a bit during the final minutes of these past two episodes.

As a big fan of the cartoons, this is such an incredible work and gives me so much hope for the future of Star Wars, I hope they give Filoni complete reign over the franchise and bring back the magical feeling.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

I stopped watching after episode 1, saw a clip of Anakin coming back and wanted to try again but I don't think I can watch all the wokeness leading up to it.....

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What exactly about the show is "woke"?
    You seem to just throw that term around without even knowing the source material.

Ahsoka, Sabine and Hera were a part of the old crew, they're not just there for wokeness or because of some secret feminist agenda.
    Ezra as the main protagonist saved the entire bunch and went to the unknown galaxy, Zeb was teased in Mando and will probably rejoin, Kanan is gone, but now we have his son growing up.
    Thrawn as the main antagonist is male, so is the fallen Jedi Baylan. So soon, the roles will be pretty much even between men&women.

If you don't know sh** about the cartoons then fine, but don't make up a bs narrative about them wanting to be "woke", like you seem to do for half of the shows here.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol this is one of the worst spoilers and it does not even tagged as spoilers.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What spoiler?

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

"Sabine's luxury tower apartment" is an abandoned communication tower that was used by Ezra as a small hideout.

But thanks for posting the opinion of another moron that apparently never watched Rebels and just wants to rant about wokeness.

You also seem to ignore that half of the Rebels cast, including the main hero and antagonist, who we'll both see soon, are male. Plus Baylan.

VooDooPope likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The YT vid of Salvy.

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wait, you telling me there are other characters of this crew who are male but not in this show and still tryin pretend its no woke? Bruh, I watched the entire 1st episode and it was just girl bosses. It looks like the rest of the series is the same, how the hell am I suppose to watch woke trash until season 2 when they finally start bringing in a more diverse cast.

Look, next season if the show isn't cancelled is going to be more of the same. Its going to be about the girl bosses saving the male characters. I just wanted to tune in to see the original and good Star Wars characters like Anakin and Luke.....

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

What spoilers? I didn't see any spoilers in the video...

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I did not watch Obi Wan, I did not watch Andor........he spilled some info.

I did not expect him to talk about the other shows.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Like what lol? I watched Obi and there is nothing to spoil.... The show was $hit.... I haven't watched Andor and even after watching the video I don't know anything about Andor nor care to watch Andor...

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That Anakin and Ahsoka were in Obi Wan.....forgot what they did but he described it.

Basically most Star Wars spin offs, shows are hidden Easter Egg shows.

Nvm I can see where that guy was coming from but Star Wars will always be different from fan to fan.

Basically the first 3 movies were the best and everything else is just not that great.