1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Baker

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Jeremy Williams, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Qan

Qan Member

I'll say what lineup he's told to play on the playoffs.

2. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

5 OR 6 !!!!!???? Maybe you've missed 50% of the games than I have... but you're understating your numbers... should be about 10-12 (April-September). No excuse why we're playing circle jerk with the Rangers & Mariners today (9/15)... Did MLB force Dusty to "fckshitup" to make things more "competitive"? If we had a healthy rotation (prior to the JV pickup), this team would be NOW experimenting with lineups and players-to-be-elevated/considered. I honestly can't believe we're still in it for losing >60% of our rotation for the majority of the season and depending on "shiit-or-get-off-the-pot-its-your-time-to-shine-son" pitchers who were elevated this year... as of now, JP France might be THE candidate for MVP of this team... (or the Maldy/Dusty combo...lol)... Bregman, Tucker, (Diaz/McCormick)

Stephen66 likes this.
  3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

That’s not true at all. In fact it’s nonsense. Baseball is quantified by runs scored and allowed. We know what everyone’s contributions add up to runs scored and allowed. We know what affect that has on records. It’s likely at least 6 fewer wins by his decisions. It’s not hard, it’s just math. Pretty simple math. 10 runs equals one win.

lnchan, The Beard, cmlmel77 and 4 others like this.
  4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

That’s not true at all. In fact it’s nonsense. Baseball is quantified by runs scored and allowed. We know what everyone’s contributions add up to runs scored and allowed. We know what affect that has on records. It’s likely at least 6 fewer wins by his decisions. It’s not hard, it’s just math. Pretty simple math. 10 runs equals one win.

InTheGroove and Rock Block like this.
  5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I consider you as myself pretty objective. There is no longer ANY doubt that Diaz is the superior player and to sit him is absolutely insane. I just hope FFS that the FO intervens and demands that Diaz has more looks in the POs. I just can't imagine where Diaz shines in a playoff game and Baker sits his ass for the next game. Personal catcher be damned. No manager in their right mind would do that.

6. Qan

Qan Member

You underestimate Dusty's resilience. Diaz can have 3 hr, 6 rbi game 3, and the next game...best he'll do is have Diaz DH while Maldy catches game 4.

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

I’m gonna check out until the playoffs…. this idiot & what should be a positive feeling is living negatively in my brain/heart.
    Hell, if they make it— WOW. Kudos to a middle of the road, poorly managed ball club who deserves a better manager bc management can’t commit for $hit on who/how this roster/club should be showcasing & elevating which / when / how the ball players become the next face of the franchise.

Dusty Baker may have and is currently flushing this entire franchise down the drain, with a smile…. This MF doesn’t give 2$hit$ about Houston & NEVER ONCE HAS ACTIVELY GAVE A SHI!T about Houston (ball-club aside)— that idiot is already paid. Move on NOW so we don’t (aka “your pockets don’t”) feel the ramifications of knowing “b-b-b-but we tried w-w-with the best players available bc lineup fcukery. NO! Stop your old played out & BS-aligned thinking— your quotes DONT MAKE A LICK OF SENSE (hey where’s my DB apologists defending these anomolies). This MF is NOT CAPABLE to MANAGE a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM in its defending season. Y’all should’ve ridded Houston of his stupidity when you fired Click as a BILATERAL MOVE. Kudos to those two simps who were able to ride previous years’ undercurrents to surface again back on top… the thing that gets me: DUSTY BAKER thinks HOUSTON OWES HIM the respect of managing a championship ball-club… theactualfcuk dude— seriously???! MF you’ll be thanking MLB once you’re done here— can’t stand to hear that BS.
    Move TF out TF way.
    There ain’t nothing slick, strategic or genius about your “lineups”… you already sabotaged this season— and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if you go AWOL and decide to kill this franchise, Lovie-style.
    Get out of the teams way. Get out of the players way. Play THE best hitting lineup against L/R any given game… and STFU when it comes to your press time (matter of fact: hey Astros org or Ownership or Upper Management— can you please restrict this dude from talking to the media— he’s an idiot & makes our team sound like a bunch of fumbling jackasses— which, if you haven’t noticed, that’s how our entire season has been, optics-wise.

Now it’s time to play MLB ‘23…. Fire him without firing him. This team deserves better.

everyday eddie and Stephen66 like this.
  8. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

We might not make the playoffs. Because of dusty and maldy. Like- the sole differentiator.

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

And now maldy gonna hit for himself in the 7th down 2.

Houstunna and Stephen66 like this.
  10. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

We've got a problem in the clubhouse my dudes....

11. Qan

Qan Member

Yah and his name is Dusty.

12. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Rack him

InTheGroove and Stephen66 like this.
  13. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I’ve been saying this for a while

tehG l i d e and Stephen66 like this.
  14. David Midkiff

David Midkiff Member

By and large, the national media is a joke. No effort to find the truth. Add Astros opposition television to that group of sheep. I picked the game up while “steaming”.
    “Baker is revered in Houston and has a Midas touch. He has gotten everything you could get out of this lineup. Having Maldonado on the field as an extension of the coaching staff and Baker is a perfect example of this”.
    This drivel was muttered while talking about not having McCullers, Garcia and Urquidy to a lesser extent.
    Rarely, the guy who acts as if he is the smartest guy in the room, is actually that guy.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Screenshot_20230905-042650_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230916-140710_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230916-140125_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230822-151126_Google.jpg

#2335 Houstunna, Sep 16, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  16. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

Cuckholed.... love it... can't wait til all this sh!tt falls back on these d!cks in the postseason. Everyone should be calling into these local/national stations expressing their disdain for this #ready2feign season, bc thats what it is... its a sham. Mr. Crane, you should know better-- when Click left-- you CLEAN HOUSE COMPLETELY... now we have a jackass who's the laughing stock of baseball analytics... send that MF back to SF or CHI-- hell maybe the Rangers need some "new blood" in their clubhouse.
    DUDE IS NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING OR DEFENDING MANAGER-- PERIOD.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Baker may cost you marginal wins against good teams, but the players are the ones gagging this lead.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Baker is a constant cost.

Baseball teams aren't separated by much.

60 wins, 60 losses... the other 40 happens thru best strategic strategy.

#2338 Houstunna, Sep 16, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    Stephen66, Uprising, rockbox and 3 others like this.
  19. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

Get his fat ass out of Astros

20. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

"No manager in their right mind..."

Key.

Fire this mf asap