1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

(R)

mdrowe00, mtbrays, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

“A very large portion of my party, really doesn't believe in the Constitution.” - Romney

When Americans Abandon the Constitution
    Mitt Romney foresees a disaster.

By Tom Nichols

Our excerpt from a forthcoming biography of Mitt Romney has many people talking about the Utah senator’s principles and character, but we should be deeply alarmed by Romney’s warning about the Republican Party.

ROCKSS, Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That's what happens when you market to the deplorables and give them political leverage. Voting Trump as their leader was their jump the shark moment, and overturning Roe vs Wade poured gasoline on the fire. Now the Republicans can only try to delay the inevitable like raising the voting age and making it more difficult for the lower and middle class to vote in Urban areas. Eventually all the boomers will die off and Gen Z will pretty much eliminate the GOP in it's current form.

Phillyrocket, Agent94 and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

People have no shame anymore, I mean she's vaping, let the guy grope her, lied about everything and it goes back to business as usual Monday. Christian values are a just another means for the GOP to take your hard earned money if you're slow enough to give it up in the first place. @cml750 looking at you dumbass.

For we do not market the word of God for profit like so many. On the contrary, we speak with sincerity in Christ, as from God and before God.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The internet has a good memory,...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I like it! Mandatory minimum sentence equal to whatever he gets which should be at least a year in county or 2 years in state/federal prison.

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lauren Boebert is a tasteless unrefined b*tch, and a pure, unadulterated liar. Nice rack, though. Likely fake.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Old school I'd have to feel them myself for you know, science and all.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

38 yr old grandma

A deep favorite to be Hector Camacho's running mate

I bet she'll let you if you donate enough to her onlyfans.

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why so much hate?

This used to be land of the free. You could be yourself without having to worry about consequences.

Now, people are being judged for expressing themselves and enjoying their freedom.

Take a look at it for yourself below. Such a hate filled tweet. She was not bothering anyone and enjoying her time with her bf and got kicked out for it.

This is not the America I grew up in.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

More from forthcoming Mitt Romey biography…

Shortly after moving into his Senate office, Romney had hung a large rectangular map on the wall. First printed in 1931 by Rand McNally, the “histomap” attempted to chart the rise and fall of the world’s most powerful civilizations through 4,000 years of human history. When Romney first acquired the map, he saw it as a curiosity. After January 6, he became obsessed with it. He showed the map to visitors, brought it up in conversations and speeches. More than once, he found himself staring at it alone in his office at night. The Egyptian empire had reigned for some 900 years before it was overtaken by the Assyrians. Then the Persians, the Romans, the Mongolians, the Turks—each civilization had its turn, and eventually collapsed in on itself. Maybe the falls were inevitable. But what struck Romney most about the map was how thoroughly it was dominated by tyrants of some kind—pharaohs, emperors, kaisers, kings. “A man gets some people around him and begins to oppress and dominate others,” he said the first time he showed me the map. “It’s a testosterone-related phenomenon, perhaps. I don’t know. But in the history of the world, that’s what happens.” America’s experiment in self-rule “is fighting against human nature.”

“This is a very fragile thing,” he told me. “Authoritarianism is like a gargoyle lurking over the cathedral, ready to pounce.”

For the first time in his life, he wasn’t sure if the cathedral would hold.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Perhaps Romney’s most surprising discovery upon entering the Senate was that his disgust with Trump was not unique among his Republican colleagues. “Almost without exception,” he told me, “they shared my view of the president.” In public, of course, they played their parts as Trump loyalists, often contorting themselves rhetorically to defend the president’s most indefensible behavior. But in private, they ridiculed his ignorance, rolled their eyes at his antics, and made incisive observations about his warped, toddlerlike psyche. Romney recalled one senior Republican senator frankly admitting, “He has none of the qualities you would want in a president, and all of the qualities you wouldn’t.”

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

One Republican congressman confided to Romney that he wanted to vote for Trump’s second impeachment, but chose not to out of fear for his family’s safety. The congressman reasoned that Trump would be impeached by House Democrats with or without him—why put his wife and children at risk if it wouldn’t change the outcome? Later, during the Senate trial, Romney heard the same calculation while talking with a small group of Republican colleagues. When one senator, a member of leadership, said he was leaning toward voting to convict, the others urged him to reconsider. You can’t do that, Romney recalled someone saying. Think of your personal safety, said another. Think of your children. The senator eventually decided they were right.

As dismayed as Romney was by this line of thinking, he understood it. Most members of Congress don’t have security details. Their addresses are publicly available online. Romney himself had been shelling out $5,000 a day since the riot to cover private security for his family—an expense he knew most of his colleagues couldn’t afford.

“There are deranged people among us,” he told me. And in Utah, “people carry guns.”

“It only takes one really disturbed person.”

He let the words hang in the air for a moment, declining to answer the question his confession begged: How long can a democracy last when its elected leaders live in fear of physical violence from their constituents?

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I interpret the tweet as someone calling out the congresswoman for being a hypocrite with her behavior

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the most disturbing except I’ve seen so far. That Republican Senators are literally afraid if not just their political safety but their actual safety if they cross Trump.

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. astros123

astros123 Member

This is why I say that the 2024 election is the most important election in this country's history. Nothing else matters other than 2024. We will not be a country no more after a 2nd trump term.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you the 2024 election is very important. I think your solutions to winning it though are speculative and simplistic.