1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets looking to trade KPJ....WTF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Exactly!

This forum is a bunch of toddlers fighting each other.

We can all agree, KPJ is a dumbass! After all these opportunities he had to get his life in order, he failed miserably. No matter how this KPJ incident plays out, the are enough details to know he won't play ever again for a an NBA team. Now we look forward and get the best possible outcome as an organization.

34to11, evo8lover and Jontro like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Winning till the Final 4 in the In Season tourney would at least take our minds off those allegations.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dillon will seize the opportunity and try to score 20 on more nights than people think now.

But is okay now that I think of given how bad Porter was as a human being.

Easy likes this.
  4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Where are all the Stone truthers?

I haven’t seen much criticism of RUH Fell but this is on him for giving an UNNECESSARY premature extension. It cost us KMJ/Garuba/JC/TYTY for FREE…..Now Felicia’s quiet husband is looking to give away more assets!????

Betting on KPJ is like putting all your chips on 00 in a roulette spin.

He is who I thought he was. Trash at asset management

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think they are being reckless. I think they are being diligent. Seeking outs of a bad situation is being diligent, not reckless.

If you or anyone gets into trouble, the first thing any logical person does is weigh their situation and look for ways to resolve it, correct?

This is the same for any business. You have to pay to get out of trouble and with the Rockets, they may have to use draft capital to resolve a bad situation.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you can call them reckless for getting rid of TyTy, Garuba, Christopher.

I know there is no Playing Time for them but that was reckless dump of 1st to early 2nd rounders.

You can defend those guys all you want but at the end of the day they are not really thinking of fans.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Im neither a "In Morey we trust" or a "Stone truther" but if he had not given KPJ a contract, some other team would have taken a chance....its sports!

And the contract he was given, heavily favored the Rockets with one yr outs.

8. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Stone is a joke GM. Never forget he tried to extend Oladipo. Luck has been in his side since day 1.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I look at those as bad draft choices, rather than reckless moves. I look at Stone as an average at best "player evaluator" and a below average "trade asset assessor."

And true, the GM shouldn't think of fans when making moves, he should always think of ways to improve the team. Fans stand for FANATICS.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

While some were clamoring to give him
    20-25 million for a “bargain!” many of us were saying before that new contract was given to him that we should wait and see how his last season played out and see what others were willing to offer before committing unnecessarily a year early.

Bad move.

YOLO and groovemachine like this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you think the "negative culture to secure talent" was a deliberate plan implemented on purpose?!

imo no way, Stone though KPJ was the next Harden and he thought Silas was the next MDT which shows his incompetence.

fattz likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a lawyer and a contract negotiator, leopard never sheds its spots......

He thinks he is a GM but he is amateurish at best.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

People can be idiots. Hearing GS putting together a package that includes Thompson for our serial abuser. I imagine the phone is ringing off the hook for this locker room legend.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i mean the folks who understand asset management care that they are used correctly. how dare the outrage compared to folks who act like giving up assets just bc is the way to go. too many of yall are use to Tilman's dumbass and his ways. dumping picks left and right

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Any negativity directed towards Tilman Fertitta is actually positivity. It's physics.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

It's because this place is rife with dumbasses.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

It is just embarrassing how utterly clueless some people on this board are.
    That contract was structured the way it is for a reason and it absolutely represents value, when attached to draft capital, for any team looking to move salary.

18. Fantasma Negro

"The Houston Rockets have agreed to trade guard Kevin Porter Jr to the Clinton Correctional Facility for cash considerations totaling $0.01. The former first round pick will fill his time working in the yard, attending classes to learn new skills, participating in counseling programs and getting his rectum prolapsed every night "

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

LMFAO the fact that you think something that requires draft capitol to be attached represents value and that "value" is connected to a worldwide known woman beater. look in the mirror when you start throwing out claims of other folks being clueless

20. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I don't see the issue of trying to better the team by using KPJ's contract as a contract filler.

For example,

- Trade KPJ + draft capital (if necessar) to Miami for Duncan Robinson. Robinson has been underperforming his contract and it still has 3 years. Rockets have a desperate need for shooters. Robinson was subpar last year, but there is still a chance he can regain his shot.

Then Miami can
    - Trade KPJ as part of Dame trade. Then Portland would immediately waive him. At worst, Portland pays one year of KPJ's salary. At best, the NBA's investigation concludes that the incident qualifies for the team to terminate his contract. Then Portland would not even have to pay the first year of contract.

hlmbasketball likes this.