1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets looking to trade KPJ....WTF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 13, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fuq Porter Junior!

Dacamel and IBTL like this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

do you, corrosion, and cxbby realize that if there was a deal like that out there that it would have happened a while ago, even before this whole incident? There were and are teams other than the Rockets who can offer salary relief and picks, what would be the point of making that offer now? Just to save face from this terrible PR and show fans that “hey, we’re losing kpj who had a lot of promise but look at this new guy instead!”

the rockets are going to get the short end of the stick in any trade like that because we’re at the tail end of trading season and any trade that happens now is because one team will offer more assets than necessary just to get a deal done. fans are going to hate it. This reeks of desperation and this is not a scenario to look for positivity.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is a putrid and slimey effort to divert blame, but hell, the Rockets should be ashamed of themselves.......

Unlike Porter teh Rockets are not done but sure hell is a very bad organization in my books.

Outlier likes this.
  4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

No one is going to come out of this situation unscathed. Not KPJ nor the Rockets. But the Rockets have to figure out the best alternative, they have to do their due diligence.

I continue to say, this is a business, a business worth Billions and if you can lessen your loses, any loss, you do it. If they can get a productive player out of a bad situation, I guarantee you, most of these same people who are irritated about the news of a possible trade, will be back on the train.

And why wouldn't they look to move him? With a new coach and new players, they want to resolve this matter as fast as possible before camp; trade him and try to stay competitive. You can’t ridicule them for trying to do their due diligence. Besides, I thought you all were tired of losing?

#204 hlmbasketball, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    BamBam and BigShasta like this.
  5. steveng125

steveng125 Member

It’s a business..you try to get the most you can for your assets.

34to11 and BigShasta like this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's the problem, they haven't thought that far. They are just looking at the fact that the Rockets are going to have to use draft picks to resolve a bad situation....DRAFT PICKS!

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

The “it’s a business” folks are the same people who were pro-Morey and look at how that ended.
    The Rockets should follow from what winning, classy organizations do like the Spurs in situations like this. There’s a whole lot more to lose than to whatever they’re trying to gain.
    The Rockets are in no position to be reckless with their moves. They’re not LA. They have a lot less clout to do whatever they want to do. They have to be an org that other people respect.

Yung-T, duluth111222 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At this point more intrigued what the NBA does with their investigation and how fast they are coming along.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The last 3-4 years have been about damage control......

Hiring a PR manager would be great for them.

It is like they are always in the news for something, but not something great.

I am disclosing this but the Rockets were actually at an event for First responders when the KPJ news broke out.

They were actually doing something positive inside the community but that did not get out..... almost nobody reported.... They just do not care about public relations work......PR

#209 daywalker02, Sep 14, 2023
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

The Grand Prize Game! LOL For Real...:D

mikol13 likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would rather they just waive him. But really, I don’t care either way as long as I don’t have to watch him play basketball for the Rockets ever again.

Entropy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

I agree, the culture has delivered a lot of highly talented players very quickly. I think Porter/Silas were being used as tool to get them. There were double standards and for good reasons. Now that part of the rebuild is over. Silas is gone and Porter didn’t make through the first off season with the new changes. The timing couldn’t have been scripted any better. This negativity didn’t corrupt the new coach anyway. The positive things happening in training camp wash it (thoughts of him as a Rocket) all away. We as fans watch the bouncing ball (pun intended) move towards the bright future. Thank you for your service Porter & Silas. This saves the PR development from itself because it looks like it happened naturally. The front office is lucky or sneaky it looks the same.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are very naive if you think that Porter going out of the door solves the PR issue.

He did those things while he was a Rocket, it will forever or for a very long time stay with the Rockets.

The Hornets will always be the team that harbored Miles Bridges and drafted Brandon Miller.

The Blazers have yet to shed the name JAIL Blazers. (Ariza had Child abuse allegations while with the Blazers - not saying it was true)

It is a stain you can probably blur with detergent or special soap but not erase.

Thank you for your service Porter? Dude is Satan incarnate.

#213 daywalker02, Sep 14, 2023
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The only positive thing for Stone is that he's letting a coach do his job. I don't see this happening with Eli Witus, I'm sure he can put a nasty excel sheet together though.

15. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Nahhh. You get that from winning, bud.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When draft picks start flying out the door to have quick fixes and band aids it’s a sign that things are broken at the top. Either Stone thinks he’s on the verge of being fired or he’s arrogant enough to think that draft picks don’t matter because he’s such a master at finding diamonds in the rough.

I mean he does have a point though… this is the GM who found “basically a lottery pick” Deshaun Nix. Who needs draft picks when you have a genius at the helm like Felicia’s husband.

BHannes2BHonest and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Outlier

Outlier Member

And unless you’re LA or a team where players flock together to go to, winning comes from being a stable team. Stability comes from culture. The Rockets, especially if they continue doing dumb **** like this, do not have a good culture. Thus, they will never win and they will never gain respect.

duluth111222 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, they will win couple games or more than couple of games but the Injury Gods or the Injury preventing Gods were never with the Rockets.

Entropy likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We already have a bad contract with Dillon Brooks, "a player who can immediately help the team." Now we want to dump KPJ for another bad contract but playable vet to occupy more of our young guys' minutes.

After having calmed down, I started to think this might be Udoka's idea.

20. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

so negative. Like I said, some of y’all act like we’re trying to keep KPJ. We’re only trying to maximize his worth (if any) for something that could help the team. And we don’t even know the full details of what the rockets are trying to do or even what KPJ did. We all need to calm down.

Amel likes this.