1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets looking to trade KPJ....WTF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 13, 2023.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

What's with the line breaks? Are you writing a poem?

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah I agree. Pure basketball-wise, it may make sense to try to get some playable talent back by trading him. But that should be the last thing Rox should be worried about right now. Their reputation is already in the toilet for having a bad culture. It’s getting worse and worse by the day with how they have enabled KPJ all these years that led this to happen.

Just cut him as soon as it’s allowed. That’s the only right thing to do imo.

3. csc177

csc177 Member

No competent person in this organization spoke up and realizes this is such a bad move in the public eye? Like EVEN if you were considering trading him. (To avoid eating his contract) since you can’t out right cut him until NbA concludes their investigation - this by no means should ever get out!

The public eye opinion of this franchise is accurate - it’s truly a **** show. This is a bad look on all fronts.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have followed the Rockets my entire longer-than-expected life and even in the Francis-Mobley days... even in the Mike-Newlin-is-our-best-player days... I was loyal.

But I am honestly starting to drift. If they don't just cut this nightmare player, I will probably take a sabbatical until Ferntits and Stone are long gone. F this.

[​IMG]

5. Buck Turgidson

public scumbag known
    contract? terminate that soon
    rocket youngsters play

i3artow i3aller, napalm06 and B-Bob like this.
  6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stone is scrambling because Tilman probably ripped him a new a$$hole when he found out that he’s gonna owe KPJ $16 million. My prediction is there will be no takers for a trade, KPJ is waived eventually, and then Tilman fires Stone.

7. Buck Turgidson

boo this man

boo

B-Bob likes this.
  8. B-Bob

Sure boo me. Whatever.

Sucker punch Bill Paulz, snort some coke -- I've been there for all of it -- but don't ****ing coddle a clear headcase who nearly chokes a woman to death and then try to convert his contract into some near-term asset. F that. Clean up your damn house. Stand for something.

9. B-Bob

I'm okay with this outcome. But would love Tilman gone too.

10. Buck Turgidson

B-Bob likes this.
  11. B-Bob

Deckard and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wonder if the NBA has a clause to get out of contracts in the case of a felony or something the NBA deems detrimental to the league?

I would assume so; and that this is why the NBA isn't letting the Rockets cut KPJ yet (or so it's reported).

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d love Tilman gone more than anything else, but we’re going to need some Donald Sterling level dirt to get rid of this guy.

Der Rabbi, AroundTheWorld and B-Bob like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

I didn't mean all that, I guess I was making a dumb joke...I don't know.

If I knew that his money would go to her, the victim, I'd be all for him getting his $16M +/-

I'm also ok with the NBA and Rockets taking some time and making sure that 'he' never gets any of this contract.

I do not know how all of this works out.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

Stone's capabilities on trading is quite poor.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

I do believe they do.

I just hope the NBA does the right thing.

We've seen 2 recent examples in MLB, they'll never play in that league again.

17. NewAge

NewAge Member

Let’s cool a little bit. In all likelihood KPJ contract is voided on the "moral standings" clause ground. So if a team wants to shed salary that may be attractive to them. Most likely Fertita wants to ADD a player/salary in exchange for a voided commitment.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this is def speculation but I believe it (I dont think stone will be fired though). Stone probably went to bat for KPJ with that contract and KPJ screwed him too.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This team is so embarrassing. It just gets worse and worse.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I feel you guys need to relax. KPJ is done as a Rocket and an NBA player, who cares how he goes out.