1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot and Bucket 3&4 Blowing up this year!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 28, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Please do not talk about leaders. Every day he is not cut, he is doing damage to the Rockets brand.

This might be all dandy in theory, but practically he is just a cancer who you could not cut out in time.

After historically bad seasons, you have to deal with a historically bad apple.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

what does leadership and risk taking have anything to do with coddling and empowering a psycho to continue bad behavior? And if u think there’s been no damage done to the org that’s delusional. I’ll end my responses there. There’s not much point to debating this.

#242 Aruba77, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, you do know he CAN'T legally cut a guaranteed contract until the NBA does their investigation, right?

People are just whiny b****es in general and want immediate satisfaction but that is not how the REAL WORLD works, you have to follow the negotiated law of the collective bargaining agreement.

So, will he be cut, sure........hopefully where we don't owe him a nickel - but nothing will happen until the NBA sorts it out.

And NEWSFLASH - it won't matter 1 bit with anything, none of this will be remembered in 6 months.....it will have ZERO effect on the organization the team, or us fans.

It just seems that way now because we are all pissed off,, and once again, we don't matter.

By all means please point out that permanent damage that John Lucas, Lewis Lloyd and Mitchel Wiggins did by being kicked out of the league for doing cocaine?

Or, please tell us how much permanent damage was done by Kermit Washington nearly killing Rudy T, or Ron Artest going into the stands, or Maxwell doing the same, or well you get the idea....the point is......

NONE OF THIS IS PERMANENT - the NBA will move on, the Rockets will move on and we as fans will as well.....there may be some b****es that constantly go....Hey I was right about XYZ.....but the rest.....meh, doesn't matter, the team took a shot on a troubled kid with talent, it failed......harsh reality.....none of it matters in the end to the league or the team.

It does matter to the girl though, she is truly the only thing that has lasting permanence.

DD

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We can't shave them all. Some troubled kids sabotage their own lives.

GM Stone kept KPj and Tate too long.

Should have traded them sooner. I proposed that over a month ago.
    There was nothing here for KPj except building trade value.....but
    you risked this moving, him to 6th man bench material.
    Move to bench>>>>depression/stress>>>>GF says call it a night>>>>KPj continued partying>>>>
    Got locked out of hotel room>>>>>>security let him back in to hotel room>>>>>they should
    have set up separate rooms at that point. Sorts things out the next day.

Can't let a former alcoholic free in a bar with all that temptation.
    Can't let a former troubled youth roam free in New York solo after hours.....he will find trouble.

Still a better basketball player than VanVleet......losing KPj hurts
    the team as he was our most consistent outside threat.

VanVleet will find it harder to find spacing in the paint to drive.
    Green will have less driving lanes as well.
    Sengun will be smothered in the paint/post.
    Dillon is still a knucklehead.
    Jabari is our only hope for consistent spacing.

We all lost due to this incident......if only KPj hired handlers
    to keep him out of trouble. He will make a fraction of the
    pay in China or Bum Luck Turkey

#244 ApacheWarrior, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"Tanking worked" is too simplistic a statement. HOW you tank is important. Anyone can lose on purpose. Losing while building up the team is not a simple thing.

If you lose by intentionally hiring incompetent people, encouraging bad behaviors, messing up young players' work habits, basically staging a clown show of a team that is a laughing stock around the league, that's not "working" in my book.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

What makes you believe that the Rockets can't cut him immediately?

You can always release a player but you do have to still honor his contract unless he's picked up off waivers by another club.

The only guarentee that the Rockets are on the hook for is the $15.8m for the upcoming year. Everything after that is optional.

An NBA contract doesn't guarentee you a spot on the team. You can release players with guarenteed deals. It happens every year.

Maybe you're thinking that they can get out of the guarenteed money for this year? Possible ( but not likely). But not legally being able to release him? Incorrect.

8. DaDakota

well they are doing the smart thing by waiting to see if they can void the contract then.

Sure, we fans are emotional we want this dealt with, we don't like being Rocket fans as this goes on, it is hard to defend the team with others when this is hanging over the team.

But, The Rockets are making a business decision and that is absent of emotion - I know it is hard but we just need patience, they will make the right one and cut him.

He won’t be a Rocket much longer.

DD

#248 DaDakota, Sep 13, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  9. aelliott

I wasn't commenting on whether or not they should release him. I was simply pointing out that the statement that they legally couldn't release him was incorrect.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. aelliott

BTW that's not a real twitter account.

11. DaDakota

Yeah, I saw that - nothing is real on Twitter anyway, but I thought it was Woj...doesn't change anything in the discussion though that the Rox are waiting on the league probably hoping they can invoke the morals clause and cut him without paying anything.

DD

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From a moral stand point the organization should not be rewarded for enabling that dude in the first place.

They never learned from the past Royce White incident and will probably never learn.

You can only hope the next KPJ project is a little softer and not as violent.

13. DaDakota

Morality? LOL in the NBA? - they should do whatever they think is best, and ignore the noise.

And guess what? We fans will still be here, and will forget all about this in 6 months.

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You will forget, I am sure, I wont, I still do have that Royce White look in my mind.

I guess I have good memory.

Also this happened on a 9/11th 22 years after the plane crash, it is pretty memorable.

15. DaDakota

Ugh, why burden yourself with **** that is not in your control? You have to move on and let things go - especially when we are just fans......we have ZERO say or control.

DD

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We can cope, we can go and drink ourselves to oblivion.

But the whole world will be pointing fingers, I am sorry, but it was the worst incident the last 5 months in sports.

I do not know how long until people will stop with the finger pointing but we have to endure that for the next months.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why I would say if Stone took one for the team, he would say, I take the blame and take leave on the spot.

And the Rockets fully prepare a statement that they have done wrong and they should have cut ties with Porter way earlier........

Similarly to - Turning oneself In.

That at least would make it better in my opinion. This way it is less pressure outing yourself as a Rocket fan in public.

But I guess they likely just take the silent tour.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, we are fans but we are also humans, and we stood for an organization that harbored a criminal, one of the disgusting ones in franchise history.

Like I cannot stand for any criminals. That is a conscience thing.

Me and you, we have thick skins but that was just atrocious. That had nothing to do with humanity.

#258 daywalker02, Sep 13, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  19. DaDakota

Wait, if you are Stone and you are making $5m a year - and one of your players did this, would you quit?

You can't blame Stone for this, KPJ is not even in season - they are away - this is not on Stone.

Sure Stone enabled him and should have held him accountable, but he was trying to do his job and get the most out of his BBall asset.

He should not step down, nor be fired, we are all just sloshing around trying to find anyone we can to blame and there is only 1 to blame...and that is KPJ.

DD

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member